Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Update Forum
Reload this Page >

Arrived in Brisbane 6 weeks ago, loving it!!!

Arrived in Brisbane 6 weeks ago, loving it!!!

Old Feb 10th 2012, 3:09 am
Sammi T

Sammi T is just really niceSammi T is just really niceSammi T is just really niceSammi T is just really niceSammi T is just really niceSammi T is just really niceSammi T is just really niceSammi T is just really niceSammi T is just really niceSammi T is just really niceSammi T is just really nice
Default Arrived in Brisbane 6 weeks ago, loving it!!!

Hi all, well it has been a little while since I posted on here. Our plans changed in the end so the drive from Perth to Adelaide didn't happen. We are here in Australia though, in Brisbane, slightly different to Perth or Adelaide I know. My husband got a really good job in Brisbane, too good to turn down in fact, all interviews done over Skype, amazing. As we hadn't really decided on where we wanted to end up we thought we would give Brisbane a go.

We arrived 2nd Jan, flew from UK on New Years Eve so a great start to a New Year for us. We booked a hotel in the city for a couple of weeks while we looked for some longer term rentals, we moved into our lovely new apartment 3/4 weeks ago and are now on the hunt for buying a house and land. A tough search but you got start some time.

We are loving it here, we have been here 6 weeks now and keep questioning why we feel like we have settled so quickly. I am now looking for work and have had a couple if interviews, so fingers crossed.

So all good this end, just need to make some friends and have some of those barby's you all keep talking about :P LOL speak soon x
Old Feb 10th 2012, 4:17 pm
Just Joined

movingbacktoaus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Arrived in Brisbane 6 weeks ago, loving it!!!

Glad you are enjoying it. Hoping to move to Brisbane in around 12-16 months time.

A good spot for a BBQ is on top of the cliffs at Kangaroo Point overlooking the Botanical Gardens and the city. The BBQ's are free (but a bit slow side though) and the views (particularly the lights of the city at night) are great.
Old Feb 12th 2012, 11:04 pm
Sammi T

Sammi T is just really niceSammi T is just really niceSammi T is just really niceSammi T is just really niceSammi T is just really niceSammi T is just really niceSammi T is just really niceSammi T is just really niceSammi T is just really niceSammi T is just really niceSammi T is just really nice

Originally Posted by movingbacktoaus
Glad you are enjoying it. Hoping to move to Brisbane in around 12-16 months time.

A good spot for a BBQ is on top of the cliffs at Kangaroo Point overlooking the Botanical Gardens and the city. The BBQ's are free (but a bit slow side though) and the views (particularly the lights of the city at night) are great.
Great thanks for the tip, we will check it out sometime. Where are you at the moment if you are waiting to move to Brisbane?
Old Feb 13th 2012, 7:49 am
Just Joined

movingbacktoaus is an unknown quantity at this point

Currently living in Sheffield. I grew up in Melbourne and came over here travelling after finished university, met a girl and then stayed. 11 years later now looking to move to Brisbane where most of my immediate family live.
Old Feb 13th 2012, 8:10 am
Sammi T

Originally Posted by movingbacktoaus
Currently living in Sheffield. I grew up in Melbourne and came over here travelling after finished university, met a girl and then stayed. 11 years later now looking to move to Brisbane where most of my immediate family live.
What visa have up applied for? Good luck with it all
Old Feb 16th 2012, 12:39 am
Just Joined

BrisbanePom is an unknown quantity at this point

Re: We arrived 2nd Jan, flew from UK on New Years Eve so a great start to a New Year for us. We booked a hotel in the city for a couple of weeks while we looked for some longer term rentals, we moved into our lovely new apartment 3/4 weeks ago and are now on the hunt for buying a house and land. A tough search but you got start some time.

Glad you like Brisbane. We moved here from Wakefield 7 years ago and we love it.

<snip>

Last edited by BEVS; Feb 16th 2012 at 7:56 am. Reason: Nopes. Please read rule 9 about direct advertising. Stick it in your profile signature. Cheers
Old Apr 5th 2012, 9:54 am
visa holder

mark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to Brisvegas. All the best xxx
Old Apr 5th 2012, 11:52 pm
Sammi T

Originally Posted by mark 'n' joe
Welcome to Brisvegas. All the best xxx

Thank you, we are loving it here in Brisbane, been here for three months now and we can't believe how quickly we have settled into our new life here. We are renting an apartment at the moment and waiting for finances to be sorted so we can bet on the property ladder here. We both have jobs already and love what we are doing. Only thing left now is find a group of friends and enjoy the fruits of Brisbane.
Old Apr 23rd 2012, 5:45 pm
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sammi T
Hi all, well it has been a little while since I posted on here. Our plans changed in the end so the drive from Perth to Adelaide didn't happen. We are here in Australia though, in Brisbane, slightly different to Perth or Adelaide I know. My husband got a really good job in Brisbane, too good to turn down in fact, all interviews done over Skype, amazing. As we hadn't really decided on where we wanted to end up we thought we would give Brisbane a go.

We arrived 2nd Jan, flew from UK on New Years Eve so a great start to a New Year for us. We booked a hotel in the city for a couple of weeks while we looked for some longer term rentals, we moved into our lovely new apartment 3/4 weeks ago and are now on the hunt for buying a house and land. A tough search but you got start some time.

We are loving it here, we have been here 6 weeks now and keep questioning why we feel like we have settled so quickly. I am now looking for work and have had a couple if interviews, so fingers crossed.

So all good this end, just need to make some friends and have some of those barby's you all keep talking about :P LOL speak soon x
Hi Sammi, where (roughly) have you settled and what are your impressions?
Old Apr 24th 2012, 6:35 am
The Mango King

Antney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to all

Thank you, we are loving it here in Brisbane, been here for three months now and we can't believe how quickly we have settled into our new life here. We are renting an apartment at the moment and waiting for finances to be sorted so we can bet on the property ladder here. We both have jobs already and love what we are doing. Only thing left now is find a group of friends and enjoy the fruits of Brisbane.
Glad your enjoying it. We moved here just over 6 years ago and just love it.
Old Apr 24th 2012, 10:15 am
Sammi T

Originally Posted by Kapri
Hi Sammi, where (roughly) have you settled and what are your impressions?
Hi there, we are in Hamilton at the moment, renting an apartment, we are loving it here and have ventured up as far as Narangba which is where we are looking at houses or maybe something nearer depends on what comes up. We both work in Eagle Farm so need something within driving distance.

We love it here, love the sub tropical weather, the beautiful wildlife and that beaches are not too far, gorgeous beaches at that, we went to Kings beach the other week, loved it soooo much. We also ventured down to the National Park a bit further south of Brisbane on route to the gold coast and did a rainforest trek, amazing. The diversity is soo fab.

Where are you?
Old Apr 24th 2012, 10:16 am
Sammi T

Originally Posted by Antney
Glad your enjoying it. We moved here just over 6 years ago and just love it.
Fantastic, where are you located?
Old Apr 24th 2012, 3:48 pm
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

We love it here, love the sub tropical weather, the beautiful wildlife and that beaches are not too far, gorgeous beaches at that, we went to Kings beach the other week, loved it soooo much. We also ventured down to the National Park a bit further south of Brisbane on route to the gold coast and did a rainforest trek, amazing. The diversity is soo fab.

Where are you?
That's what I'm after
I loved Queensland when I was there (admittedly on holiday many years ago ).

I have just sent off my docs to register as a nurse and hoping to be in Brisbane or GC later this year
Old Apr 24th 2012, 10:11 pm
Sammi T

That's what I'm after

I have just sent off my docs to register as a nurse and hoping to be in Brisbane or GC later this year

Good luck with it, hope you get here soon
Old May 2nd 2012, 3:40 pm
Just Joined

sandyfeet is an unknown quantity at this point

That's what I'm after

Hi & A Welcome to Sunny (WET) Qld.

Don't shut your eyes to anywhere else in Qld, as its a big state, and depends what type of nursing your into, plus it gets more humid the further you go north of Bundy.

The GC has a fantastic teaching hospital, and is always busy. Its said there are 1,110 settling in the GC every week, so its no wonder we getting full-up..........Enjoy, we did.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.