British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Update Forum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/update-forum-107/)
-   -   9 short years (https://britishexpats.com/forum/update-forum-107/9-short-years-794847/)

soapy© Apr 22nd 2013 10:02 pm

9 short years

April 2012- 213 is up there with one of the best years for me.
It all started with an expats curry night and just got better and better.
May kicked off with the MMA fight night with the lads and in June was the Expats golf day.
The Christmas in July last year was outstanding. It was nearly cancelled due to the weather and we a bit of luck from somewhere?
I thought the beginning of this year was mad enough until August.
Turning 50 was a bit of a milestone for me. Not bad for a lad they said might not see 5.
Don’t think I have been to many birthday parties, and all my own too lol
It kicked off with my 50th at the house. It was a punk theme and friends didn’t disappoint. Some of the get ups were outstanding! What a night we had.
Then in late August it was off to Scotland. I remember saying at the time that I thought I would have to leave Scotland to have a dream holiday. Scotland was that holiday. It was everything I expected and more.
Family and friends were amazing.
The time spent in Scotland, England and NI will stay with me forever!
A couple of days after arriving back in Australia was Eternals first MMA night with the lads and what a night that was.
The in October it was a weekend at the sunny coast for a football comp.
November was my skydive and December was the usual Christmassy stuff, finished off with the New Year party.
Things have slowed slightly since the turn of the year with weekend day trips and plenty of social nights out.
The year ahead is looking great.
Starting with eternal 11 mma in a couple of weeks, the Scotland England golf day in June and then on to July!!!!
It will be a crazy month for us. We have friends from Scotland visiting and the Christmas in July. Some how I will have to squeeze a few trios away in July.
The is plans with some expats to have a big weekend up in Cairns, Cant wait to catch up with Bixie and Gill.
To say I have had a full year would be an understatement.
Next year is the BIG 10
Wonder what I should do for that?

blondiefee Apr 26th 2013 5:46 pm

Re: 9 short years

Wow - living the dream. ;)

Alfresco Apr 26th 2013 8:08 pm

Good on ya Soapy and family! All the best for the next year. :thumbup:

soapy© Apr 27th 2013 8:27 am

Originally Posted by blondiefee (Post 10679963)
Wow - living the dream. ;)

not really living the dream, but life seems to be just that little bit better since we moved here. well, this week at least lol :lol:

soapy© Apr 27th 2013 8:27 am

Originally Posted by Alfresco (Post 10680125)
Good on ya Soapy and family! All the best for the next year. :thumbup:

cheers buddy!