British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Update Forum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/update-forum-107/)
-   -   9 months of our new life (https://britishexpats.com/forum/update-forum-107/9-months-our-new-life-518240/)

aston man Feb 29th 2008 10:56 pm

9 months of our new life

where do i start?

after nine months it seems like years,all the house buying,the finding your way and all the other things you go through,all just seem to be a blur now.

i started work here after 4 days and we had bought a house in that time so i dont suppose i have had time to think about things up to now ,they just seem to happen, you deal with them and just move on to the next thing to be dealt with..:huh:

ourselves we dont seem to have to have had to of deal with anything out of the ordinary,all the usual things we have gone through,a little homesickness,kids and school,work.i suppose we are quite lucky.

we seem to have been lucky to be in a great area,kalamunda which is up in the hills.its a bit like an old english country village,cricket green,bowling,old shops and taverns..we love it

the house we bought is ,you could say run down and seems to take up all of our time and money,were doing all the usual stuff digging the pool,new kitchens ,bathrooms etc.were getting there slowly..
it wasnt really the plan to come here and start over but its the only way to get into the area we wanted.
we should be finished this time next year and then its time to start living the dream.

one of the hardest things we have had to deal with was the kids and school,as we live only 100 yards from the school we were really anxious for our kids to settle in,at first our eldest struggled but she has pulled through..
me and her mom are so proud of her..that was a major concern of ours and all is going well touch wood..sleep overs are starting to happen now,as i said were so proud of our angel...

work for me hasnt been a bed of roses,that the same for me though,ive kind of drifted through that,people have come and gone and all the usual shite has also come and gone that you get when dealing with people.i didnt like employing people back in the uk,it was part of the reason i left,and here i am again...money eh,the route of all unhappiness..

i often have to pinch myself how good life is here,i always knew i had a head start,as i was coming to a much better place than where i left.
we dont get to the sea that often ,were about 40 minutes but when we do ,i get that,,,jezsusss christ i cant believe i live here feeling..

i would never swap my life here ,for the one i had ,life here on the whole is a million times better...we have still a long way to go,i still want to meet some new best mates but that will come in time ,same for my kids..get a little bit more settled at work and.....

bobs your uncle , we will be livin the dream..

sheli0508 Mar 1st 2008 7:58 am

Re: 9 months of our new life

A lovely uplifting post - thank you!

I've seen some of your other posts but I wasn't sure which state/where about's you've settled.

The area we have been looking at is about 40 mins from the beach - we don't live near the coast now and we certainly can't afford to when we get over there - about 40/45 minutes is fine by me.

Anyway, thanks again for the post it keeps those of us still stuck in the UK going.....:thumbsup:

busterboy Mar 1st 2008 9:08 am

Originally Posted by aston man (Post 6001690)
where do i start?

after nine months it seems like years,all the house buying,the finding your way and all the other things you go through,all just seem to be a blur now.

i started work here after 4 days and we had bought a house in that time so i dont suppose i have had time to think about things up to now ,they just seem to happen, you deal with them and just move on to the next thing to be dealt with..:huh:

ourselves we dont seem to have to have had to of deal with anything out of the ordinary,all the usual things we have gone through,a little homesickness,kids and school,work.i suppose we are quite lucky.

we seem to have been lucky to be in a great area,kalamunda which is up in the hills.its a bit like an old english country village,cricket green,bowling,old shops and taverns..we love it

the house we bought is ,you could say run down and seems to take up all of our time and money,were doing all the usual stuff digging the pool,new kitchens ,bathrooms etc.were getting there slowly..
it wasnt really the plan to come here and start over but its the only way to get into the area we wanted.
we should be finished this time next year and then its time to start living the dream.

one of the hardest things we have had to deal with was the kids and school,as we live only 100 yards from the school we were really anxious for our kids to settle in,at first our eldest struggled but she has pulled through..
me and her mom are so proud of her..that was a major concern of ours and all is going well touch wood..sleep overs are starting to happen now,as i said were so proud of our angel...

work for me hasnt been a bed of roses,that the same for me though,ive kind of drifted through that,people have come and gone and all the usual shite has also come and gone that you get when dealing with people.i didnt like employing people back in the uk,it was part of the reason i left,and here i am again...money eh,the route of all unhappiness..

i often have to pinch myself how good life is here,i always knew i had a head start,as i was coming to a much better place than where i left.
we dont get to the sea that often ,were about 40 minutes but when we do ,i get that,,,jezsusss christ i cant believe i live here feeling..

i would never swap my life here ,for the one i had ,life here on the whole is a million times better...we have still a long way to go,i still want to meet some new best mates but that will come in time ,same for my kids..get a little bit more settled at work and.....

Angelpops, my SIL lives in Maida Vale...I am coming to see you pretty soon! Is your house big enough for weekend guests?????:D

chris and farideh Mar 1st 2008 9:59 am

Enjoyed reading your post aston man, good luck with all other things that life will throw at you in future.
you've done the hardest part, settling in, the rest should be easy. :thumbsup:

mark 'n' joe Mar 1st 2008 11:37 am

Great post M. All the best for your future.:thumbsup:

Joexx

mickagnew Mar 1st 2008 12:55 pm

Nice one Ast:)

fairwayskid Mar 1st 2008 5:11 pm

:eek::eek::eek:

Ast with a serious post now i am shocked;)

Fair play Ast enjoy your dream mate:thumbup:

Paddy

Lee&Jade Mar 1st 2008 7:30 pm

Well done, good post.
:thumbsup:

>Trigger< Mar 1st 2008 8:28 pm

where do i start?

Ok c'mon own up..who wrote it....not one spelling mistake!

mands Mar 1st 2008 10:37 pm

where do i start?

Wow 9 months already..

fantastic post ....keep living the dream :thumbsup:

s-jmelbournewannabe Mar 3rd 2008 3:31 pm

Nice one AST!! I know what you mean about the Ocean though.. i try to get there almost everyday... i love it, love the sound, love the peace...... and its warm!!

Take care mate.

S-j x

Icarus Mar 3rd 2008 5:20 pm

Excellent update Marcus , well done bud :thumbsup:

egghead4 Mar 3rd 2008 6:13 pm

brilliant news!

it sounds as though everything is coming together for you. As you said the thing with mates will happen, but you appear to be setlling in really well.
good luck for the future.
bec

Fly Away Mar 3rd 2008 7:43 pm

Great post Ast!:thumbsup:

Such a lovely sense of perspective you have.

May the next 9 months bring you the rest of the pieces of your jigsaw.:thumbup:

Carbery Mar 3rd 2008 8:29 pm

Respect to Aston Man. Honest post from an straight talking geezer.

PS Up the Villa!