Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Update Forum
Reload this Page >

7 months in, from Glasgow to the Gold Coast.

7 months in, from Glasgow to the Gold Coast.

Old Sep 22nd 2007, 12:44 am
Work to Live!

brido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: 7 months in, from Glasgow to the Gold Coast.

Originally Posted by mandyp
Hi Brian and Julie,

Sounds as if you guys have settled into Aussie life really quickly and easily, very positive and encouraging!!!

We'r heading over end a Nov begining of Dec, house going on the market today!!!

Hubbie has a very important question for you.......

How easy is it to catch any Rangers games any any other fottie for that matter?!!!
Can you get Setanta or equivelent over there?

All very important as am sure you appreciate!!!! LOL

Cheers
Mandy
Hi Mandy,
Tell hubby that Setanta is coming onto Foxtel then Austar satelite channels within the next few weeks,im looking forward to it.
You can also catch the games in some of the Irish bars or take a trip to Brisbane to the Rangers Supporters Club up there,i just might head up there for the Old Firm Game,theres also a Celtic Supporters club up there too,if anyones interested,though that ones not for me!

Good luck with the house sale

Brido
Old Sep 22nd 2007, 12:48 am
Work to Live!

brido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by russell
glad to here you have settled well we move to the gold coast on 23 oct but we are quite lucky our friends are emigrating with us so hopefully it will be a bit easier for us.
hopefully meet up and have a beer and watch

russ
Give us a shout when your over and we'll meet up for a beer in Surfers.
You can pick our brains if you need to and the missus likes any excuse for a drink or two.
Old Sep 22nd 2007, 12:52 am
Work to Live!

Originally Posted by The Brooks
Hi Brido
Good to hear you have settled well, you helped us with the dreaded TRA last year, we are flying over to Perth at the end of October (took longer than expected to sell the house).
Good luck for the future and enjoy your visitors

sam
Hi Sam,
Good to hear from you,glad to see your on your way and my help wasnt a hindrance.Lol.
We had a nightmare with our house sale but it was all worthwhile once we got here.
Good luck with the move.

Brido
Old Sep 22nd 2007, 12:56 am
Banned

acbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond repute

Great post Brido,

Glad its all going well. It has to be said I love it here but I'm with Julie the old girly nights are lacking. Especially now since she who will remain nameless is now pregnant. We went to surfers and was home for 11

My OH has taken over with nites out with the boys WTF thats not on.

Hope you continue to love it here and the business goes from strength to strength.

Axx
Old Sep 22nd 2007, 1:03 am
Work to Live!

Originally Posted by acbh2
Great post Brido,

Glad its all going well. It has to be said I love it here but I'm with Julie the old girly nights are lacking. Especially now since she who will remain nameless is now pregnant. We went to surfers and was home for 11

Hope you continue to love it here and the business goes from strength to strength.

Axx
Her who shall remain nameless must have sneaked that one past customs!
We didnt go out to about 11 the last time we went to Surfers! I dont think Julie would have enjoyed that one.Lol.
Old Sep 22nd 2007, 1:05 am
Work to Live!

Originally Posted by JohnandMichelle
Great update you two - glad life is treating you well. Michelle x
Thanks Michelle,i still cant believe we've been here as long as that.
Old Sep 22nd 2007, 1:05 am
Banned

acbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brido
Her who shall remain nameless must have sneaked that one past customs!
We didnt go out to about 11 the last time we went to Surfers! I dont think Julie would have enjoyed that one.Lol.
I think you were away for the weekend or something bet she's glad

Well I await the visitors with baited breath so I can book into a hotel in surfers and drink the nite away LOL
Old Sep 22nd 2007, 1:10 am
Work to Live!

Originally Posted by sharon45
Great post Brido,

Congrats to julie for her success.

We also liked southport area when we visited in may cant wait to get there for good.

Hope to see you again soon on the other side.( we met in outback glasgow)

Sharon and Ricky xx
Thanks Sharon,you need to get a move on, half the people from that meet are here on the Gold Coast and were at the Broadbeach meet!Lol.

Thanks to everyone else who's replied and i look forward to reading your updates!
Old Sep 22nd 2007, 1:14 am
Work to Live!

I think you were away for the weekend or something bet she's glad

Well I await the visitors with baited breath so I can book into a hotel in surfers and drink the nite away LOL
Lol,its not even summer and you've got a thirst up!

Julies Brother went home yesterday,the visitor things all highs then one almighty low when the time comes for them to go home.

I think they were glad to get away as we had them everywhere while they were here.
Old Sep 22nd 2007, 10:07 am
BE Enthusiast

floweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to behold

Hey you 2 nutters! keep the chin up, it's so hard when the visitors go home, but before you know it they will be back again! can't believe we met you when you had only been here 3 weeks, you have done brilliant in 7 months, so keep going. Tell Julie I will have a girly night out with her anytime! C u Tomz

Love Lisa, Jim Ellis and Nadia x
Old Sep 22nd 2007, 11:02 am
BE Enthusiast

mandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of light

Cheers Brido,

Hubbie chuffed that there'l be a chance to see some games!!!!

Mandy
Old Sep 22nd 2007, 1:19 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

y'know theres updates and updates. this is a stoater pal!

I happen to know most of what you have added, but others can take a lot from this thread.

its a shame we didnt get another chance for a bevvy with julies brother, but im sure it wont be too long before they return.

dont even think about turning up with a long face the morra, cos i will soon kick it oota yae oh and by the way, your the chef
Old Sep 22nd 2007, 9:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

brissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to behold

Great post Brido,

Axx
C'mon tell us more...........
Old Sep 23rd 2007, 7:52 am
Work to Live!

Originally Posted by floweroscotland
Hey you 2 nutters! keep the chin up, it's so hard when the visitors go home, but before you know it they will be back again! can't believe we met you when you had only been here 3 weeks, you have done brilliant in 7 months, so keep going. Tell Julie I will have a girly night out with her anytime! C u Tomz

Love Lisa, Jim Ellis and Nadia x
Thanks Lisa,had a good day today appart from losing 2 pints of blood to the damn mozzies! Lol.
Old Sep 23rd 2007, 7:54 am
Work to Live!

Originally Posted by soapy
dont even think about turning up with a long face the morra, cos i will soon kick it oota yae oh and by the way, your the chef
I cant take your chefs hat off you mate,you need it for all the mixing you do!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.