Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Update Forum
Reload this Page >

7-30am and i thought id do an update

7-30am and i thought id do an update

Old Feb 27th 2008, 9:00 pm
Forum Regular

MORCPOM1 has a spectacular aura aboutMORCPOM1 has a spectacular aura aboutMORCPOM1 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: 7-30am and i thought id do an update

Originally Posted by iwilldoit
Hi
You are welcome, just think on a little, the security at the main stream schools here a little to none, very strange and something that i have brought up already, so you may want to consider this issue before placing your child here.
sharon
Hi Sharon,
Sorry being a bit thick what did you mean by the security of the schools??? Think I have narrowed schools down to either Annandale or Cranbrook. Been told that Cranbrook very good with special needs children and not to big, which sounds ideal. Just need to research the area now. Hope we can stay in touch would be great to meet up when we arrive. Liz
Old Feb 28th 2008, 10:01 am
BE Enthusiast

iwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to all

Originally Posted by MORCPOM1
Hi Sharon,
Sorry being a bit thick what did you mean by the security of the schools??? Think I have narrowed schools down to either Annandale or Cranbrook. Been told that Cranbrook very good with special needs children and not to big, which sounds ideal. Just need to research the area now. Hope we can stay in touch would be great to meet up when we arrive. Liz
Hi Liz
We def need to keep in touch you owe me that bbq how short your memory is lol.
security at the schools is a very touchy subject with ne at the moment and i will be bringing it up at the parents evening, you have a very large school classes not to bad most 25 kids per class, problem one your children have to leave the classroom and walk a fair way to the toilets, so the system is that when a child leaves the classroom he or she has to wear a necklace and put there name up on the door, my daughter is on 5, they have no security ie the gates are never locked the railing are very low and they look onto a very busy road, the teacher never notices when a child leaves the classroom as they can just leave with out telling her so you have kids roaming about all the time, noone on site to monitor them, so basically my daughter could just leave the school, or worse still someone could remeove her from the school and noone would actually notice, very very poor in that way, so much so that if something is not done about this i may have to seek alternative schooling for her which would be a shame as she is settled, but for me the risk is just to great, they are already in court about another child 7 yr old who ran out into the road and was knocked down leaving him with severe brain damage. its really shocking to see kids just allowed to wander willy nilly.
sharon
Old Feb 28th 2008, 12:49 pm
Forum Regular

MORCPOM1 has a spectacular aura aboutMORCPOM1 has a spectacular aura aboutMORCPOM1 has a spectacular aura about

Hi,

OMG thank you for telling me about security, this has helped to narrow down to just Cranbrook now. That must be so worrying for you all, I hope it gets sorted very quickly. You would think that after such a tragedy they would be hot on things like security now. That poor family with the little boy my heart goes out to them. You will definitely have to come round for a BBQ, will need a good laugh and more than a few glasses of wine. Seems to be a lot of people on here that have either moved or are moving soon. Would be great for us all to get together and tell our experiences. I'm sure there will be more than a few funny stories. Will start a thread in the next couple of weeks see if I get any response. So looking forward to living in Townsville when we visited 4 years ago was a place that just felt right. Our first choice was Hervey Bay, but it felt like a retirement area, compared with TSV (My opinion only). Look forward to meeting you all. Liz