British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Update Forum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/update-forum-107/)
-   -   7-30am and i thought id do an update (https://britishexpats.com/forum/update-forum-107/7-30am-i-thought-id-do-update-513893/)

iwilldoit Feb 12th 2008 8:46 pm

7-30am and i thought id do an update

Hi All
Well school has begun for my 5 year old, and she is loving it, cant believe it really, thought she may struggle, but nope she loves it.... She looks like a mini ranger in her uniform, the uniform is really sweet and girls can wear shorts or skirts, but the best is the hat a wide brimmed one, Unfortunately i am now spending most of my evenings making lunches for the next day, so that is very different for me, but the mums are the same, the same old OH MY G-D HAVE TO GET TO SCHOOL AN HOUR EARLY TO PARK LOL. but the teacher is sweet and shosh seems to love her.....so hunky dorey and a big thumbs up for school life.....i have been in at the RSPCA helping out each day as they really need the help, hoping for a job at the end of it, interview on friday for another vets in townsville, and of course it is the same here they have a before and after care at the school, 10 dollars 50 for the mornings and 13 dollars 50 for the afternoon, so a little exspensive but worth it.....i have noticed that food here is exspensive, not on first glance but when you are limited you kinda run out of money half way throught the store...just a tip Woolworths are the cheapest for all those newbies arriving here. made a few friends from school and they live on the estate im on, so its good, although there partners are always away as they are in the forces....but nice when i have a bit of time for coffee, the good old coffee morning back in action......anyway im off to take shosh to school now, hope to hear from the sept lot, WHO HAS HAD THE VISA AND WHO HAS NOT, seems very quiet on there just now......
sharon

s-jmelbournewannabe Feb 13th 2008 2:25 pm

Re: 7-30am and i thought id do an update

Nice you seem to be settling in alright love.....

S-j x

BethandAndrew Feb 13th 2008 2:48 pm

Hi Sharon,
Glad to see everything is working out for you :thumbsup:
We're heading to Cairns now.....so not too far away from you. Andrew had a fab job offer with a company called 'CEC' as a Senior Project Engineer.....they are also based in Townsville....LOL
My girls are off school this week for half term......they go back for just over 4 weeks then break up for 2 weeks for Easter!!!! :eek:
Beth x x :wub:

moneypenny20 Feb 15th 2008 7:12 am

For food cheaper and better than Woolies, try your nearest fruit and veg market or barn or the local farmers markets.

alipally Feb 15th 2008 8:42 am

One of the threads says the Aldi is good bet for less expensive foods...

We found that eating out was actually cheaper than home but the supermarket stuff was more expensive!

It's great to hear from you and know that you're making a happy life for you and your family!

We must get out house on the market soon, or we'll never move!

Ali x

posh10 Feb 15th 2008 10:05 pm

Hi sharon,

Glad u settled ans shosh loving school. we just waiting for the visa everything met !!!!! planning on moving may though either way. renting out house as mkt slow and could be waitin for ever !!!!!

cant wait to be in oz with ya gal. enjoy it !!!! lol

Diane xx

iwilldoit Feb 16th 2008 2:30 am

Originally Posted by BethandAndrew (Post 5927053)
Hi Sharon,
Glad to see everything is working out for you :thumbsup:
We're heading to Cairns now.....so not too far away from you. Andrew had a fab job offer with a company called 'CEC' as a Senior Project Engineer.....they are also based in Townsville....LOL
My girls are off school this week for half term......they go back for just over 4 weeks then break up for 2 weeks for Easter!!!! :eek:
Beth x x :wub:

Hi Beth

I had a good laugh at your post, CAIRNS is 5 hours away lol.....................
sharon

lyns Feb 17th 2008 12:56 pm

Hi Sharon

My husband, kids & I move out to Townsville in May. I will be going to JCU as a mature student, my mums out their now. I have been getting mixed messages regarding school fees. Can't wait only worry is selling everything.
The only things we want to ship are two games consoles study books and photo albums. Any info on shipping companies would be a great help.

iwilldoit Feb 18th 2008 9:16 am

Originally Posted by lyns (Post 5945026)
Hi Sharon

My husband, kids & I move out to Townsville in May. I will be going to JCU as a mature student, my mums out their now. I have been getting mixed messages regarding school fees. Can't wait only worry is selling everything.
The only things we want to ship are two games consoles study books and photo albums. Any info on shipping companies would be a great help.

hi
id love to help but we sold everything and came out with 3 suitcases lol. my parents are bringing some of my photos in march, it worked out to exspensive for us as we came from france to here,

sharon

jutang Feb 18th 2008 10:01 am

Originally Posted by iwilldoit (Post 5923740)
Hi All
Well school has begun for my 5 year old, and she is loving it, cant believe it really, thought she may struggle, but nope she loves it.... She looks like a mini ranger in her uniform, the uniform is really sweet and girls can wear shorts or skirts, but the best is the hat a wide brimmed one, Unfortunately i am now spending most of my evenings making lunches for the next day, so that is very different for me, but the mums are the same, the same old OH MY G-D HAVE TO GET TO SCHOOL AN HOUR EARLY TO PARK LOL. but the teacher is sweet and shosh seems to love her.....so hunky dorey and a big thumbs up for school life.....i have been in at the RSPCA helping out each day as they really need the help, hoping for a job at the end of it, interview on friday for another vets in townsville, and of course it is the same here they have a before and after care at the school, 10 dollars 50 for the mornings and 13 dollars 50 for the afternoon, so a little exspensive but worth it.....i have noticed that food here is exspensive, not on first glance but when you are limited you kinda run out of money half way throught the store...just a tip Woolworths are the cheapest for all those newbies arriving here. made a few friends from school and they live on the estate im on, so its good, although there partners are always away as they are in the forces....but nice when i have a bit of time for coffee, the good old coffee morning back in action......anyway im off to take shosh to school now, hope to hear from the sept lot, WHO HAS HAD THE VISA AND WHO HAS NOT, seems very quiet on there just now......
sharon

Had my visa!!:thumbsup:

iwilldoit Feb 19th 2008 1:25 am

Originally Posted by jutang (Post 5948197)
Had my visa!!:thumbsup:

Hi Jutang

WELL DONE YOU, CONGRATULATIONS, ITS A GREAT FEELING ISNT IT...................
SHARON:thumbsup:

jutang Feb 19th 2008 9:12 am

Originally Posted by iwilldoit (Post 5951627)
Hi Jutang

WELL DONE YOU, CONGRATULATIONS, ITS A GREAT FEELING ISNT IT...................
SHARON:thumbsup:

I know , it is fab!! Thanks!! Cant wait to get back out there!! :thumbsup:

MORCPOM1 Feb 20th 2008 7:58 pm

Originally Posted by iwilldoit (Post 5923740)
Hi All
sharon

Hi

Hoping to move out to Townsville around May time. Medicals booked for the 6th March and then hopefully visa won't be long after that. Going on a spouse visa. We are wondering about rental accommodation, and how hard it is to get fully furnished. We are hoping to rent for around 6mths and then look at buying. Hoping to settle around either Annadale or Aitkenvale. Did you have much trouble getting children into schools? Thanks in advance for any advice is much appreciated.:thumbsup:

Sammy T Feb 21st 2008 6:37 pm

Hi Sharon

Glad to know all is going well with you:D

Are you fed up with the sunshine yet?;)

Still waiting for a case officer and have the house on the market, had 5 viewers so far but none has sold their own so stalemate at the moment.
Fingers crossed for some more soon:thumbup:

Sam

egghead4 Feb 21st 2008 10:27 pm

hi sharon

its great to hear you and your family are doing well.
good luck
bec