Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Update Forum
Reload this Page >

6 weeks after moving to Sydney alone...

6 weeks after moving to Sydney alone...

Old Mar 20th 2009, 1:40 am
UK-Syd Feb 2009 = HAPPY!

lerato is a name known to alllerato is a name known to alllerato is a name known to alllerato is a name known to alllerato is a name known to alllerato is a name known to alllerato is a name known to alllerato is a name known to alllerato is a name known to alllerato is a name known to alllerato is a name known to all
Smile 6 weeks after moving to Sydney alone...

...and I feel totally settled! Bizarre feeling... Got a place to live a couple weeks ago, not a great house but the people are nice and location perfect, they were my main priorities.

Also fell into a relationship a couple weeks ago which is going great so that's helping too!

My graduate job is great, I love the experiences, miss my family of course but not home-sick in the slightest. Looking out my office window at Sydney tower and a great big blue sky. It's Friday, I'm going to the beach/bbq tomorrow, and although there's still the 'urg it's monday' feelings, they're easier to live with now I'm here.

A lot of adjusting to do...little things like the debit/credit cards seem a bit different, weird TV ads, and the whole dollars and cents thing....

Went to the sound relief concert last weekend and it's amazing how strong the spirit of Australia altogether is, it was great to be a part of the day. Will fill in a proper update soon, and i haven't got net access at home yet hence why this is the first time I've been back...

Cheers!

lerato
Old Mar 21st 2009, 1:59 pm
Just Joined

duke_yang is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 6 weeks after moving to Sydney alone...

Good luck and all the best wishes! Girl
Old Mar 21st 2009, 2:41 pm
Forum Regular

theotherphil is just really nicetheotherphil is just really nicetheotherphil is just really nicetheotherphil is just really nicetheotherphil is just really nicetheotherphil is just really nicetheotherphil is just really nicetheotherphil is just really nicetheotherphil is just really nice

Glad to hear things are going well for you! I will be landing in Sydney in 6 weeks to start my new job also. I checked your blog and noticed you're from York - my gf and I are from just up the road in sunny Teesside

I hope our relocation goes as well as yours!

Best wishes!
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 8:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

What a lovely post. Well done
Old Mar 29th 2009, 8:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Syedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lerato
...and I feel totally settled! Bizarre feeling... Got a place to live a couple weeks ago, not a great house but the people are nice and location perfect, they were my main priorities.

Also fell into a relationship a couple weeks ago which is going great so that's helping too!

My graduate job is great, I love the experiences, miss my family of course but not home-sick in the slightest. Looking out my office window at Sydney tower and a great big blue sky. It's Friday, I'm going to the beach/bbq tomorrow, and although there's still the 'urg it's monday' feelings, they're easier to live with now I'm here.

A lot of adjusting to do...little things like the debit/credit cards seem a bit different, weird TV ads, and the whole dollars and cents thing....

Went to the sound relief concert last weekend and it's amazing how strong the spirit of Australia altogether is, it was great to be a part of the day. Will fill in a proper update soon, and i haven't got net access at home yet hence why this is the first time I've been back...

Cheers!

lerato
Can concur the feelings you have about weird TV ads, credit/debit cards etc...Had them too..

it's kind of good that you're also in a good relationship as that can help...

We are in Dee Why and slowly settling after coming here around beginning of last December...We stayed in North sydney until beginning of Jan. been here ever since...

We too went to sound relief. Chris Martin was great and the whole atmosphere was enjoyable and friendly.

Still get the Monday blues but it's not Sydney's fault...Just part of rat race life really...

well, the thought of a glass or two by the beach on friday evenings gets me through the week pretyy well...

Best wishes