British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Update Forum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/update-forum-107/)
-   -   6 months on (https://britishexpats.com/forum/update-forum-107/6-months-435174/)

weeman111 Mar 17th 2007 12:25 am

6 months on

Hi,we have been here in Frankston Vic now for 6 months and it has been fantastic so far.We arrived on the Saturday and I had a job by Wednesday!Very happily still working with same firm,worked in some interesting places in and around Melbourne even appeared on the national news one night while at work.Settled in to aussie lifestyle very easily my wife now has a good job working in local hospital,she passed her driving test recently as well and now has her own car.I have a car and a motorbike now as well and we are now working hard and saving hard for a mortgage to buy our own to place to complete our dream.Things could not have gone better for us,we are very lucky to be here and loving every minute of it.To all on here who remember us,hope things are good for you all,all the best for now,Dave and Claire:thumbup:

Ozzy7 Mar 17th 2007 10:05 am

Re: 6 months on

Good to hear you have settled well into your new life, all the best for the future.:)

brissydeb Mar 18th 2007 12:16 am

Great post, hope you keep enjoying your new life!!!!:D

Little miss reub Mar 18th 2007 11:18 am

Glad you have settled in well, hope your dreams keep coming true for you both:thumbup:

stevensfamily Mar 18th 2007 1:25 pm

Originally Posted by weeman111 (Post 4527174)
Hi,we have been here in Frankston Vic now for 6 months and it has been fantastic so far.We arrived on the Saturday and I had a job by Wednesday!Very happily still working with same firm,worked in some interesting places in and around Melbourne even appeared on the national news one night while at work.Settled in to aussie lifestyle very easily my wife now has a good job working in local hospital,she passed her driving test recently as well and now has her own car.I have a car and a motorbike now as well and we are now working hard and saving hard for a mortgage to buy our own to place to complete our dream.Things could not have gone better for us,we are very lucky to be here and loving every minute of it.To all on here who remember us,hope things are good for you all,all the best for now,Dave and Claire:thumbup:

Thank you so much for your post. We are planning to move to Frankston South Mount Eliza area with our two children aged 11 and 8. Can you tell me have you found Frankston safe? Everyone seems to diss Frankston because of its reputation but it appears to me that there has been a large amount of investment to Frankston and therefore it may be ditching its reputation.

I realise that Frankston reputation is not as important if you are not concerned about children but I would be interested in your viewpoint

Cheryl

weeman111 Mar 20th 2007 5:33 am

Originally Posted by stevensfamily (Post 4530599)
Thank you so much for your post. We are planning to move to Frankston South Mount Eliza area with our two children aged 11 and 8. Can you tell me have you found Frankston safe? Everyone seems to diss Frankston because of its reputation but it appears to me that there has been a large amount of investment to Frankston and therefore it may be ditching its reputation.

I realise that Frankston reputation is not as important if you are not concerned about children but I would be interested in your viewpoint

Cheryl

Hi,thanks to you all for your words,you will love Frankston South Mount Eliza area,the only dodgy area in the centre of Frankston is around train station but the police and local council are doing a lot more to try to sort it out.My sister lives in Frankston South,and we are in Lakewood,pretty good round here lots of young families,Frankston is a great area to live in,ok it gets a bit of bad press sometimes but most suburbs have the odd problem,you just seem to hear more about Frankston for some reason.It is not as bad as you think,close to a lot of good beaches,not too far from city for work.They have spent a lot on doing Frankston up and they are getting it right Ithink,good luck when you get here,ceers Dave and Claire:)

Caroline G Mar 28th 2007 10:37 pm

We've been renting in Mt.Eliza for over a year and are in the process of buying a house in Frankston South. It's a fab area and the kinders and schools have a great reputation here. I am currently trying to decide which primary school to send my son to as several come highly rated.

As previous poster said. A lot of money is being poured into Frankston and there is a plan to develop it over the coming years to make it pretty snazzie - I think you can access the plan on the Frankston Council website. Apparently, the ugly high rise building is going to be turned into Yuppy apartments by James Drury (The TV Make Over Man)

Don't be put off by people that have never even visited Frankston South. Take a look when you are in Oz.:)

s-jmelbournewannabe Apr 3rd 2007 7:26 pm

nice one mate, glad you're enjoying it! S-j x

weeman111 May 31st 2007 10:20 am

Originally Posted by s-jmelbournewannabe (Post 4597988)
nice one mate, glad you're enjoying it! S-j x

Hi,cheers not been on for a while,we have now bought a bit of land and are building our house starting in early August,so things are getting better every day(except working outside just a bit chilly at the moment,not as bad as the old Scottish winters though!!!), all the best Dave and Claire