British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Update Forum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/update-forum-107/)
-   -   6 jobs, 3 moves and a year later...! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/update-forum-107/6-jobs-3-moves-year-later-421025/)

crowciej Jan 23rd 2007 9:55 am

6 jobs, 3 moves and a year later...!

Hi everyone, here is my update for those who are interested..
My Ozzie Fiance and I have passed our one year anniversary of living in Oz together and boy has time flown. I know we all say it but i mean it really has flown! Starting out in Sydney, then moving to Newcastle and now living on the Central Coast (The Entrance North), we are now finally feeling settled and at home. Anthony is on his 4th job so far and hopefully will be sticking at this one for a while now and I am on my 2nd and definately staying at mine for a while as it's great.

I'm not sure if it has been as I expected, it seems life here for me leaves me either on a huge high or a real low. I know one thing is for sure that am 100% commited to making it work out here and have gained a new lease for life enjoying what ever comes my way. Sure I miss home bad some times but no amount of feeling sorry for myself is gona help. So my focus for 2007 is to get out into the community, make some friends, keep fit and enjoy what this beautiful country has to offer. Oh and we have just got a 8week old kitten who is just adorable and certainly a great companion when i'm feeling lonely!

My advice to any new comers is to follow your instincts and keep at it until it feels right! Everything willl fall into place in the end...

Jen x:thumbup:

Donna&Neil Jan 23rd 2007 2:28 pm

Re: 6 jobs, 3 moves and a year later...!

Hi Jen good to hear your views on how life has been for you. Your positive attitude is a huge help I'm sure. Hang in there and all the best for the future.
:)
Donna & Neil

want2bthere Jan 23rd 2007 3:09 pm

Originally Posted by crowciej (Post 4315414)
Hi everyone, here is my update for those who are interested..
My Ozzie Fiance and I have passed our one year anniversary of living in Oz together and boy has time flown. I know we all say it but i mean it really has flown! Starting out in Sydney, then moving to Newcastle and now living on the Central Coast (The Entrance North), we are now finally feeling settled and at home. Anthony is on his 4th job so far and hopefully will be sticking at this one for a while now and I am on my 2nd and definately staying at mine for a while as it's great.

I'm not sure if it has been as I expected, it seems life here for me leaves me either on a huge high or a real low. I know one thing is for sure that am 100% commited to making it work out here and have gained a new lease for life enjoying what ever comes my way. Sure I miss home bad some times but no amount of feeling sorry for myself is gona help. So my focus for 2007 is to get out into the community, make some friends, keep fit and enjoy what this beautiful country has to offer. Oh and we have just got a 8week old kitten who is just adorable and certainly a great companion when i'm feeling lonely!

My advice to any new comers is to follow your instincts and keep at it until it feels right! Everything willl fall into place in the end...

Jen x:thumbup:

with an attitude like that your're sure to go far:D
x

mark 'n' joe Jan 23rd 2007 7:49 pm

Hi Jen glad you are enjoying your new life, you have a great positive attitude.
All the best for the future

Joex

egghead4 Jan 27th 2007 4:40 pm

what a great and honest post:D
I hope everything works out for you and your partner
bec and egg

simnmax Jan 27th 2007 5:17 pm

Hi Jen, hope it all works out for you on the central coast, me & my family are looking at the Entrance & Terrigal areas, could you please give us any opinions on what it's like to live & work there?
My brother & his family live in Manly, How long does it take to drive there on a weekend?
any info would be much appreciated thanks
Sim

frances Jan 28th 2007 10:46 am

Hi jen,

I have just read your post and it sounds exactly how i have been feeling and I too have decided to keep going with it you can't give up too early even though you really miss all the thing you have got so used to doing, I really miss famly and friends and it was really hard at christmas time and yes you have your highs and lows, we are living in Greenpointnear Terrigal about 10 minsaway and near some lovely beaches, the time is just flying by Take care Francesx

crowciej Feb 1st 2007 8:39 am

Originally Posted by simnmax (Post 4332369)
Hi Jen, hope it all works out for you on the central coast, me & my family are looking at the Entrance & Terrigal areas, could you please give us any opinions on what it's like to live & work there?
My brother & his family live in Manly, How long does it take to drive there on a weekend?
any info would be much appreciated thanks
Sim

Hi Sim, I'd highly recommend the central coast to live and work. I love it up here. its great to be surrounded by so much water - we're on a strip of land between tuggerah lake and the ocean - tis beautiful! terrigal is good fun, there's more happening there than the entrance but it is more expensive to buy there if your looking for a house. The entrance still has lots to offer and room for growth and is close to the freeway so only take 90minutes max to get to sydney. we go to sydney quite often.There's lots of nice beaches if you like that. As far as work goes, it depends what you do i suppose, i found a job here and then moved. It's certainly not as easy as finding work in the city, but if its meant to be you'll find something. I hope it all works out, let me know what you end up doing. jen

crowciej Feb 1st 2007 8:41 am

Originally Posted by frances (Post 4334410)
Hi jen,

I have just read your post and it sounds exactly how i have been feeling and I too have decided to keep going with it you can't give up too early even though you really miss all the thing you have got so used to doing, I really miss famly and friends and it was really hard at christmas time and yes you have your highs and lows, we are living in Greenpointnear Terrigal about 10 minsaway and near some lovely beaches, the time is just flying by Take care Francesx

Green points lovely. I'm glad you sticking at it. It will get easier for sure.
keep smiling jen x