5 weeks in Mandurah

Old Jun 6th 2007, 3:42 am
rjs
Forum Regular

rjs has a brilliant futurerjs has a brilliant futurerjs has a brilliant futurerjs has a brilliant futurerjs has a brilliant futurerjs has a brilliant future
Default 5 weeks in Mandurah

Finally made it here 5 weeks ago ,drama at the airport when our dopey 14 year old took a granny smith through customs !!But apart from that have loved every minute since we got here ,everybody has been so friendly & helpful ,chat to more people here than i ever did in London.Hubby is a carpenter & he found work straight away,all the forms have been easy.
See kangaroos & Dolphins nearly every day ,the kids dont get so excited now.Have settled in Meadow Springs ,Love the road & the neighbours are loveley,The youngest has started school ,Tried Frederick Irwin but even their waiting list is full .Eldest has interview for school on friday so fingers crossed.Thankyou to everybody who gave us advice along the way .Process seems to take forever but am so glad we did it .Our shipping has docked & is being delivered next tuesday .The kids have made friends & there have been no wobbly moments with them.So i can honestly say im a very happy bunny,Good luck to everybody
Robs & Matt
Old Jun 6th 2007, 11:06 am
Love it here!

SalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: 5 weeks in Mandurah

Glad you're liking it here

What school have you got your 14 yr old into? We tried Freddy Irwin for our 14 yr old too.... but he goes to Comet Bay College and seems to be settling in OK now
Old Jun 6th 2007, 1:03 pm
rjs
Forum Regular

rjs has a brilliant futurerjs has a brilliant futurerjs has a brilliant futurerjs has a brilliant futurerjs has a brilliant futurerjs has a brilliant future

Hi there ,
We are trying the baptist college,she really loves french & thats one of the languages they do there .Thanks for letting me know about Comet Bay,always handy to have schools recommended,will look it up
Robs
Old Jun 6th 2007, 3:06 pm
Love it here!

SalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of light

I went to parent's evening last week and was surprised by how impressed i was with the school Thought it was great!

Good luck!
Old Jun 6th 2007, 3:26 pm
Forum Regular

John50 is a jewel in the roughJohn50 is a jewel in the roughJohn50 is a jewel in the roughJohn50 is a jewel in the roughJohn50 is a jewel in the rough

Good to hear that you are settling in ok all the best for the future

We will be arriving in Mandurah on or about the 23rd June (waiting for confirmation of date from the shippers before booking flights)

Old Jun 6th 2007, 4:04 pm
Account Closed

mindblower is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rjs View Post
Finally made it here 5 weeks ago ,drama at the airport when our dopey 14 year old took a granny smith through customs !!But apart from that have loved every minute since we got here ,everybody has been so friendly & helpful ,chat to more people here than i ever did in London.Hubby is a carpenter & he found work straight away,all the forms have been easy.
See kangaroos & Dolphins nearly every day ,the kids dont get so excited now.Have settled in Meadow Springs ,Love the road & the neighbours are loveley,The youngest has started school ,Tried Frederick Irwin but even their waiting list is full .Eldest has interview for school on friday so fingers crossed.Thankyou to everybody who gave us advice along the way .Process seems to take forever but am so glad we did it .Our shipping has docked & is being delivered next tuesday .The kids have made friends & there have been no wobbly moments with them.So i can honestly say im a very happy bunny,Good luck to everybody
Robs & Matt
Excellent, well done !

Dave
Old Jun 7th 2007, 12:07 am
BE Forum Addict

cranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond repute

Lovely, well done.
Just the same here, the dolphins and kangaroos.
Be happy
Denise x
Old Jun 7th 2007, 1:53 am
rjs
Forum Regular

Thanks everybody,if you see a woman walking along the foreshore with a big grin on her face its probably me !
Old Jun 7th 2007, 2:06 am
Love it here!

Or me!
Old Jun 7th 2007, 7:23 am
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute

glad you've settled in so fast. The Baptist has a very good rep, Freddie's is very academic and competitive hence a very long waiting list. If you fancy meeting up with some of us we meet at the Dome on the foreshore every Wednesday morning.
Old Jun 7th 2007, 11:39 am
rjs
Forum Regular

Thanks ,would love to ,Had a look for you guys a couple of weeks ago ,but it was really busy & felt a bit stupid going round listening for British accentsSo i will be the one walking round looking confused
Daughter glad shes not at Freddy Irwin she hates that green uniform !
See you wednesday
Robs
Old Jun 7th 2007, 11:48 am
Account Closed

Nomore is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rjs View Post
Robs & Matt

We did the same with the apple saga at customs. Sniffer dog sat at side of our bag. We forgot about the fruit we had brought to eat on the plane.

Felt like criminals, rotton fruit squoshed in bottom of the bag

Got let off this time, but they said not next time.
Old Jun 8th 2007, 1:24 am
rjs
Forum Regular

Same with us ,kept on asking where apple came from & 14 year old daughter just kept on shrugging & doing the whole teenage "i dunno".She thinks its hilarious especially as i spent months drumming it in that she couldnt bring food over & that i was the one that got the telling off ,husband decided it was a good time to pretend that he had never seen me beforeMind you im going to have the last laugh next time she wants money to spend at an airport
Old Jun 12th 2007, 12:42 pm
Just Joined

Dan78 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by John50 View Post
Good to hear that you are settling in ok all the best for the future

We will be arriving in Mandurah on or about the 23rd June (waiting for confirmation of date from the shippers before booking flights)

I have a house available for rent in Mandurah if your looking for accomdation. Big family home, brand new, 4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms. can tell you more info if interested
Old Jun 12th 2007, 6:43 pm
Forum Regular

John50 is a jewel in the roughJohn50 is a jewel in the roughJohn50 is a jewel in the roughJohn50 is a jewel in the roughJohn50 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Dan78 View Post
I have a house available for rent in Mandurah if your looking for accomdation. Big family home, brand new, 4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms. can tell you more info if interested

We are going to stay with friends for the time being but thanks for the offer

Shippers booked for monday the 18th June Flights booked for the 20th June

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.