British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Update Forum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/update-forum-107/)
-   -   5 weeks in australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/update-forum-107/5-weeks-australia-429308/)

deanmhunt Feb 21st 2007 12:15 pm

5 weeks in australia

Hi everyone, we arrived on 18th jan so been here 5 weeks tomorrow and loving it !!!!
Have a rental property in Thornlie perth.
Kids have started school and settled in well no probs.
Hubby started work this week so a little lost with myself but will soon find a job.
Just a small warning to all HGV class 1 drivers your licence cannot be transferred.
Had Excess ship our furniture and they were EXCELLENT arrived 2 weeks ago with no damage to anything.
Have medi-care sorted, tax file numbers only took just over a week to arrive, so as they all say all good here!!!!
Just 1 question if anyone can help do i need a tv licence here (if so promise i will get 1 lol)

So be happy everyone and go for it the sunshine does you good. Talk soon Tracey xxxx

Teabag Feb 21st 2007 12:20 pm

Re: 5 weeks in australia

no TV Licence needed!!

deanmhunt Feb 21st 2007 12:22 pm

Excellent just got even better !!!!

mickagnew Feb 21st 2007 12:25 pm

Originally Posted by deanmhunt (Post 4437170)
Hi everyone, we arrived on 18th jan so been here 5 weeks tomorrow and loving it !!!!
Hubby started work this week so a little lost with myself but will soon find a job.
Just a small warning to all HGV class 1 drivers your licence cannot be transferred.
Had Excess ship our furniture and they were EXCELLENT arrived 2 weeks ago with no damage to anything.
Have medi-care sorted, tax file numbers only took just over a week to arrive, so as they all say all good here!!!!
Just 1 question if anyone can help do i need a tv licence here (if so promise i will get 1 lol)

So be happy everyone and go for it the sunshine does you good. Talk soon Tracey xxxx

Hi Tracey

Think we may have bumped into you at one of Janes Northampton meets with your hubby, glad to see all is well and will be on our way over to Perth in apx 6 months time, looking forward to it, may see you guys then

Good luck

Mick n Claire

stuckinblighty Feb 21st 2007 12:27 pm

Originally Posted by deanmhunt (Post 4437188)
Excellent just got even better !!!!

lol

good luck with it all

Lee

deanmhunt Feb 21st 2007 12:37 pm

Originally Posted by mickagnew (Post 4437195)
Hi Tracey

Think we may have bumped into you at one of Janes Northampton meets with your hubby, glad to see all is well and will be on our way over to Perth in apx 6 months time, looking forward to it, may see you guys then

Good luck

Mick n Claire

Hi again yes i think we did meet, it was the only meet we went to, but we do keep in touch with jane, we often speak on msn but sadly not close enough to her to visit, good luck with your big move and i promise you you'll love it when you get here !!! If your close to us give us a shout and we'll meet up for coffee Tracey xx

deanmhunt Feb 21st 2007 12:40 pm

If anyone out there is close to Thornlie and fancies a coffee and a chat drop us a line, would be nice to make a few friends lol.
Tracey xx

mindblower Feb 21st 2007 1:01 pm

Glad it's going well for you all.

Dave

deb-n-rob2006 Feb 21st 2007 1:20 pm

Originally Posted by deanmhunt (Post 4437265)
If anyone out there is close to Thornlie and fancies a coffee and a chat drop us a line, would be nice to make a few friends lol.
Tracey xx

hi ya Tracey,

We are moving out to Perth next Thursday , and are looking to move to the Maddington area. Thornlie i know is just around the corner.

when we get there i'll give you a shout and we can go for a coffee and the Metro.

debbie

nightnurse2 Feb 21st 2007 1:32 pm

Hi Tracey,
Glad you have settled in and enjoying it!
You might not get this in time, but a group of us meet for lunch at the Quay cafe, Hilary's on thursdays at 12. Try and make it if you can.
Tracey

grahampaula Feb 21st 2007 6:06 pm

Glad to hear that everything is going well and that you are settling in. :thumbup:

ravenclaw22 Feb 21st 2007 6:59 pm

Australia is really a great place. Hope i could travel there too :)

Good luck and enjoy!

kevinbloomfield Feb 21st 2007 8:13 pm

TV Licence!! would you really pay for the crap on TV here :-))

mad city fan Feb 21st 2007 8:25 pm

Great to hear you are lovin it, each time I read that someones move has turned out well and they are enjoying life down under, it just makes me wish I was on my way now, carry on enjoying and all the best for yourself and family :thumbup:

Teabag Feb 21st 2007 9:51 pm

Originally Posted by kevinbloomfield (Post 4438934)
TV Licence!! would you really pay for the crap on TV here :-))

haha! truer words never said. There are ways of getting up to date TV shows from Sky, etc.