Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Update Forum
Reload this Page >

5 MONTHS IN CAIRNS AND NO INTENTIONS OF GOING BACK.

5 MONTHS IN CAIRNS AND NO INTENTIONS OF GOING BACK.

Old Sep 17th 2008, 2:50 am
BE Enthusiast

tripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: 5 MONTHS IN CAIRNS AND NO INTENTIONS OF GOING BACK.

Originally Posted by Bix da Boss
OOOHH OK then
I think best thing to do is get there quite early say late aftn, then walk round till we find somewhere we like and take it from there - also depends on how busy they are as usually pumping on last day of Cairns Festival activities!

Will pm you Liz

As long as it is beer they are pumping that is fine with me. Jen is driving in..hopefully the others will have made their mind up too by then what they are doing! Do you think restaurants will be really busy too???
Old Sep 17th 2008, 6:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sarmstrong
Are you a nurse too sallyclaire? Any inside info on CBH would be appreciated, my speciality is orthopaedics.
I'll pm you as in danger of taking over Liz's thread!
Old Sep 17th 2008, 9:23 am
BE Enthusiast

tripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to behold

PORT DOUGLAS

Port Douglas is a 40 minute drive from cairns along the Captain Cook Highway.
Much of the road follows the coast with sweeping coral sea views on one side and the rainforest on the other. many beautiful beaches are passed on the way. About half way along there is a lookout point..Rex Lookout with great views. Hang gliders regularly glide from this point.
Port Douglas has a beautiful 4 mile long beach, a Marina (a nice spot to have lunch and a few drinks) and some nice restaurants by the sea.
Sunday mornings come alive with the markets that are held in anzac park with both local produce and local craft stools. The best Mango ice cream is also available..as well as freshly squeezed lime, mandarin, coconut and pineapple juice. It reminds me of the carribean when we are walking around the markets there.

Here are some photos:
Attached Thumbnails 5 MONTHS IN CAIRNS AND NO INTENTIONS OF GOING BACK.-port-douglas-maritime-museum-067.jpg   5 MONTHS IN CAIRNS AND NO INTENTIONS OF GOING BACK.-port-douglas-sunday-markets-071.jpg   5 MONTHS IN CAIRNS AND NO INTENTIONS OF GOING BACK.-st-marys-sea.-port-douglas-072.jpg   5 MONTHS IN CAIRNS AND NO INTENTIONS OF GOING BACK.-port-douglas-beautiful-marina.jpg   5 MONTHS IN CAIRNS AND NO INTENTIONS OF GOING BACK.-port-douglas-sunday-markets.jpg  

Old Sep 17th 2008, 10:23 am
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wannabauzzienurse
Gorgeous photos Liz
Just beautiful! I LOVE Cairns with a passion - if I had the chance to move again, it would be up that way - roll on our next holiday up north!
Old Sep 17th 2008, 4:00 pm
Just Joined

terrier1000 is an unknown quantity at this point

Some good pictures, I'm spending a week in Cairns on my month long trip to Australia in October and can't wait to get there.
Old Sep 18th 2008, 3:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Gems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond repute

Great update, and some fab pictures for us in other states to see.
It looks very nice in Cairns.

Gems
Old Sep 18th 2008, 10:20 am
Forum Regular

melbournegirl has much to be proud ofmelbournegirl has much to be proud ofmelbournegirl has much to be proud ofmelbournegirl has much to be proud ofmelbournegirl has much to be proud ofmelbournegirl has much to be proud ofmelbournegirl has much to be proud ofmelbournegirl has much to be proud ofmelbournegirl has much to be proud ofmelbournegirl has much to be proud ofmelbournegirl has much to be proud of

Hi Liz,

I haven't been on here in a long time and it was so nice to read your update.
Sounds like you have settled in really well and enjoying the lifestyle. My sister who you have met is in Melbourne at the moment and is really enjoying what Melbourne has to offer but she loves the lifestyle in Cairns.

I hope she is making you lots of nice coffees at Rusties.
Old Sep 19th 2008, 7:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by melbournegirl
Hi Liz,

I haven't been on here in a long time and it was so nice to read your update.
Sounds like you have settled in really well and enjoying the lifestyle. My sister who you have met is in Melbourne at the moment and is really enjoying what Melbourne has to offer but she loves the lifestyle in Cairns.

I hope she is making you lots of nice coffees at Rusties.
Hi
nice to hear from you..we have been out to dinner with the girls and Michele has been sorting my back out for me! Linda did bring us lovely coffee and cakes at Rustys. We have also met up and walked the dogs. Thanks for introducing us.....
Take care
Liz
Look forward to meeting you when you get up here on your hols.
Old Sep 27th 2008, 12:58 am
West Yorkshire to Cairns!

FoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really nice

Fab pics Liz nice work, you'll have to come out to the outer reef with me one day!

You guys still coming bungy jumping tomorrow?? We're meeting there at 11am if you fancy it or at least participating in Sunday session!!

Such a hard life in Cairns!