42 years this month!

Old Mar 20th 2009, 9:33 am
Banned

sprintman has a brilliant futuresprintman has a brilliant futuresprintman has a brilliant futuresprintman has a brilliant futuresprintman has a brilliant futuresprintman has a brilliant futuresprintman has a brilliant future
Thumbs up 42 years this month!

Well it's 42 years in Oz this month. It's been an amazing journey and I have loved every minute of it. First few months at Woomera were hard but we quickly assimilated into that wonderful place and our lives blossomed. Competitive swimming, Badminton, table tennis, soccer, australian rules were just some of the wonders of our new home. Going out to the range to see rockets launch was another. We all changed from pale English roses to tougfh Aussie 'mates'. Still discovering the wonders of this amazing country and it's people. Just wish my parents were alive so I could thank them, and let them see my amazing daughter. Proud to be English, but Aussie to the core!
Old Mar 20th 2009, 7:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

bluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to all
Default Re: 42 years this month!

Thats brilliant,,so your parents took you over? glad you love OZ, must definately feel like home after that long!

Bluekipper
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 4:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute

Wow what a fantastic post. 42 years... thats some move

congrats now on to the next 42 lol

lace xx
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 8:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats Sprintman! Lovely to hear a really positive post from someone who has been here so long

How come I can't leave you karma?
Old Mar 26th 2009, 8:47 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for the update, and good luck for the next 42
Old Apr 20th 2009, 4:35 am
Forum Regular

SurferBoy will become famous soon enoughSurferBoy will become famous soon enough

So do you think you might stay?
Old Apr 20th 2009, 5:00 am
Sharon

irishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud of

R U HOMESICK
Old Apr 20th 2009, 7:53 am
Forum Regular

invictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really nice

Congratulations, I hope my kids say something nice that that in 32 years! We've been here 10 years on Sept 1, kids were only 14,11 & 6, now they are all grown up and the youngest has no trace of Engligh Accent.

Never seriously thought about going back, started living in SA, now in Perth until I can retire back to SA!

Sal x
Old Apr 21st 2009, 11:30 pm
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by irishfamily
R U HOMESICK
Jus thinkin the same thing Shaz
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 12:35 pm
Banned

sprintman has a brilliant futuresprintman has a brilliant futuresprintman has a brilliant futuresprintman has a brilliant futuresprintman has a brilliant futuresprintman has a brilliant futuresprintman has a brilliant future

You must be bloody joking!! And I lived in Scotland (Edinburgh) too. Nuff said...
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 12:50 pm
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by invictia
Congratulations, I hope my kids say something nice that that in 32 years! We've been here 10 years on Sept 1, kids were only 14,11 & 6, now they are all grown up and the youngest has no trace of Engligh Accent.

Never seriously thought about going back, started living in SA, now in Perth until I can retire back to SA!

Sal x
We are definately going back home, not sure when, but i don't like the idea of staying more than 2 years and i certainly won't be staying long enough for the kids to have girlfriends, kids etc etc - i don't want to be in the position where i feel trapped here.

Don't want the kids to grow up 'Aussies' either - is that a terrible thing to say?
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 9:16 pm
Banned

Living in QLD so I can understand that. Far far better places to live in Australia imo.
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 9:42 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scottishcelts
We are definately going back home, not sure when, but i don't like the idea of staying more than 2 years and i certainly won't be staying long enough for the kids to have girlfriends, kids etc etc - i don't want to be in the position where i feel trapped here.

Don't want the kids to grow up 'Aussies' either - is that a terrible thing to say?
my lot will never be aussie, if you know what i mean. they love the fact that they are Scossies

in saying that. i would hate to think that any of my family felt trapped here
Old Apr 23rd 2009, 6:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Gibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scottishcelts
Firstly congratulations Sprintman - it does grow on you doesn't!

scottishcelts why don't you want your kids to grow up Aussies? They don't forget their heritage you know! My eldest was 3 when we came, now 46, and recently said, in his Aussie accent, to me that people didn't believe he was Scots! My youngest, born here, can speak in the broadest of Scots accents, you'd think he just got off the plane!
Old Apr 23rd 2009, 7:33 am
Master of verbal pish©

Originally Posted by Gibbo
Firstly congratulations Sprintman - it does grow on you doesn't!

scottishcelts why don't you want your kids to grow up Aussies? They don't forget their heritage you know! My eldest was 3 when we came, now 46, and recently said, in his Aussie accent, to me that people didn't believe he was Scots! My youngest, born here, can speak in the broadest of Scots accents, you'd think he just got off the plane!
it could be a feeling of belonging?
i think that if you know you cant fit in, then you wont!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.