Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Update Forum
Reload this Page >

4 Years in perth - From the Barkers

4 Years in perth - From the Barkers

Old Jul 12th 2008, 8:25 am
Forum Regular

thebarkers is a jewel in the roughthebarkers is a jewel in the roughthebarkers is a jewel in the roughthebarkers is a jewel in the roughthebarkers is a jewel in the rough
Smile 4 Years in perth - From the Barkers

Hello campers !!!!

Its been so long since i posted on here , but just wanted to let you all know that we are still here in waikiki !!!

OH is doing realy well at work (chippy)
our little boy is getting on realy well at school and im just scouting about for a pt job.

We are living in our second house since we moved here and love the area.

To all of you that have been here a short while that are finding things hard - PLEASE DONT LOOSE HEART - it took 2 years of fuzzyness before we realy felt at home and now we are realy settled (never thought the time would come !!)

We just got back from the uk a few weeks back , we went for my grandads 80th birthday - and we had a knackering but good time over there but me and OH was so glad to be coming HOME to wa -

We felt like people are loosing the plot over there !!! SERIOUS !!

Any way , cant go through the whole of the 4 years but if there are any specific Q's you want to ask - please feel free

Michelle
Old Jul 13th 2008, 6:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 4 Years in perth - From the Barkers

Nice update & glad you are so happy
Old Jul 14th 2008, 3:03 pm
Forum Regular

munch is just really nicemunch is just really nicemunch is just really nicemunch is just really nicemunch is just really nicemunch is just really nicemunch is just really nicemunch is just really nice

Originally Posted by thebarkers
Hello campers !!!!

Its been so long since i posted on here , but just wanted to let you all know that we are still here in waikiki !!!

OH is doing realy well at work (chippy)
our little boy is getting on realy well at school and im just scouting about for a pt job.

We are living in our second house since we moved here and love the area.

To all of you that have been here a short while that are finding things hard - PLEASE DONT LOOSE HEART - it took 2 years of fuzzyness before we realy felt at home and now we are realy settled (never thought the time would come !!)

We just got back from the uk a few weeks back , we went for my grandads 80th birthday - and we had a knackering but good time over there but me and OH was so glad to be coming HOME to wa -

We felt like people are loosing the plot over there !!! SERIOUS !!

Any way , cant go through the whole of the 4 years but if there are any specific Q's you want to ask - please feel free

Michelle
What a breath of fresh air to read, nice to hear you are settled and happy. You mention you OH is a Chippie, do you know if there is there much work over there at the moment for brickies? Getting quite worried reading threads on hear about no work and lads returning to U.K.
Martin, Debbie, Thomas, Alex & Ben.
Old Jul 15th 2008, 3:44 am
Forum Regular

thebarkers is a jewel in the roughthebarkers is a jewel in the roughthebarkers is a jewel in the roughthebarkers is a jewel in the roughthebarkers is a jewel in the rough

Ok This is the thing ......... you do get the odd dry spell - same as any where

Things slowed down for a bit because of the mortgage rates going up - but then it will speed up again now because people just done their tax returns.

We get a dry spell every year for about a month but there doesn't seem to be a pattern to it.

OH works for himself and does a lot of residential work.
But he also does a lot of new builds aswell.

My brother-in-law is a plasterer and is never out of work , he is mostly new builds.

Im not sure what area of perth you are looking to move to - if you give me some idea , i will happily do a bit of research for you.

Michelle
Old Jul 15th 2008, 8:51 am
Account Closed

mindblower is an unknown quantity at this point

[/QUOTE]

Really pleased itsworking out for ya's -well done.

Old Jul 15th 2008, 8:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

carolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant future

Hi, nice to hear your settled and enjoying your life in Perth. We are hoping to go to Perth in Oct and have been offered a rental in Wanneroo. Can't find much about it on the net, so if you have any info about that would be great. Meanwhile keep enjoying Perth!

Caroline