4 years in Brisbane

Old May 16th 2011, 7:44 am
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 4 years in Brisbane

Thanks for sharing, Andy

I always enjoy reading updates and the more info the better IMO

Last edited by Kapri; May 16th 2011 at 7:44 am. Reason: typo
Old May 17th 2011, 11:50 pm

Alana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to behold

Its great to be back on BE again,I shouldnt leave it so long next time

Good Luck to you all xx
Old May 18th 2011, 1:17 pm
Just Joined

Princessbean is just really nicePrincessbean is just really nicePrincessbean is just really nicePrincessbean is just really nicePrincessbean is just really nicePrincessbean is just really nicePrincessbean is just really nicePrincessbean is just really nice

Hi there, I just wanted to say what a great read your update was...thank-you!

My husband and I are about to start the visa process (skilled migration) and I have concerns as we do not have significant savings, nor will will be in a position to buy a house, not for the forseeable future anyhow!

I think you guys were really brave to move out with your children, that took some courage and you must be proud of yourselves for taking the plunge to follow your dream! It sounds like you have done really well and enjoying yourselves.

Old May 22nd 2011, 12:39 pm

Alana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Princessbean
Hi there, I just wanted to say what a great read your update was...thank-you!

My husband and I are about to start the visa process (skilled migration) and I have concerns as we do not have significant savings, nor will will be in a position to buy a house, not for the forseeable future anyhow!

I think you guys were really brave to move out with your children, that took some courage and you must be proud of yourselves for taking the plunge to follow your dream! It sounds like you have done really well and enjoying yourselves.

Thank you-its not been easy but we've no regrets. Good luck to you
Old May 22nd 2011, 6:48 pm
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Great update, fantastic outlook. You deserve to be happy
Old May 22nd 2011, 9:20 pm
Just Joined

rosaleen1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Alana and Arrons mum
Its great to be back on BE again,I shouldnt leave it so long next time

Good Luck to you all xx
Thanks for sharing your experience Andy it is much encouraging. My husband and I are hoping to move to Brisbane in Sept. Your story sounds similar to ours. I am also a nurse and have secured a position there. My husband will look after the girls initially and help get them settled into schools etc. I so hope that we are making the right decision, in my heart I know it's the right thing to secure a future for my 3 girls, but I am terrified at the thought of knowing no one and not making any friends, Your experience makes me feel that though it's not easy, it can work if you make it work, so thanks a mill.
Old May 23rd 2011, 7:09 am

Originally Posted by rosaleen1
Thanks for sharing your experience Andy it is much encouraging. My husband and I are hoping to move to Brisbane in Sept. Your story sounds similar to ours. I am also a nurse and have secured a position there. My husband will look after the girls initially and help get them settled into schools etc. I so hope that we are making the right decision, in my heart I know it's the right thing to secure a future for my 3 girls, but I am terrified at the thought of knowing no one and not making any friends, Your experience makes me feel that though it's not easy, it can work if you make it work, so thanks a mill.
Thanks! I'm sure you'll be fine-at least you're giving it a go-it is a brave move.

I reckon a positive attitude helps alot.Its not productive to be a "whingeing pom"(as they say).Its not always easy but staying positive really helps.I try to remember why we came and how lucky we are to live in such an amazing place.I truly believe my kids are going to have a better live here(and us too) and we can give them opportunities here we couldn't of in the UK.

I didn't hate the UK and have very happy memories of home but I've re-made my home here and am happy here too.The friends thing is tough and takes time but does happen.

I wish you every success with your move

Andy x
Old May 23rd 2011, 8:05 am
BE Forum Addict

LouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond repute

Fab update Sounds like everything's going really well

We're just down the road in Murrumba Downs, love it here.
Old May 23rd 2011, 11:53 am
Just Joined

Iguazu Rocks is just really niceIguazu Rocks is just really niceIguazu Rocks is just really niceIguazu Rocks is just really niceIguazu Rocks is just really niceIguazu Rocks is just really niceIguazu Rocks is just really niceIguazu Rocks is just really nice

Great update that shows you came with a positive attitude and worked at it.