4 weeks in Gold Coast

Old Oct 16th 2008, 2:19 am
BE Enthusiast

shabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of light
Default 4 weeks in Gold Coast

Oh my God, I cant believe there is still Augusties 07 still waiting! what the hell is going on?

Any way how are you all. Thought I would jump on and give you all an update.
We arrived on the 19th Sept. to a raining dull day at Brisbane airport. At 6.30 in the morning. Shattered!
Took hours to get to our holiday let in Kirra. Kirra is on the border between G coast and NSW.
The holiday let was filthy, we got it cheeper as there was a building site next door (which never bothered us). But oh my god that place had not been lived in for months and had not been cleaned in the same time.
Well that afternoon I think at some stage or another each of us cried and wondered what the hell we had done. Of course jet lag was the real cause.
I had a moan on here and got a lot off support back from expaters. They really helped that day.
We trailed around as many areas as possible without really finding anywhere that felt right. I tell you some of the properties we looked at, I would not keep a dog in.
We had had friends move over here about 2 weeks before us and they found an area called Ormeau. They got a rental and moved in. They invited us over to stay the night and I just fell in love with the house they had. In the morning we went for a look round and loved the place. So 2 weeks into our 4 week booking at the holiday let we were moving again. Looked at a 4 bedroomed house in Ormeau on the sat. and moved in on the Fri. We had nothing apart from our clothes to move in with but I did not care lol. (another 7 weeks till our container gets here).
My two boys have started school and seem to be settling ok. Time will tell. My younger one went back a year to primary 7 and my older one went up a year to year 10. Strange!
We have bought a car, sorted my hubby's blue card, arranged medicare and my hubby has even found a job 5 mins away.
From that first few days of sheer hell to where we are now has changed so much. I love it!

Love for now
Shabee
Old Oct 16th 2008, 4:15 pm
Forum Regular

Jamesfam has a brilliant futureJamesfam has a brilliant futureJamesfam has a brilliant futureJamesfam has a brilliant futureJamesfam has a brilliant futureJamesfam has a brilliant future
Default Re: 4 weeks in Gold Coast

Glad things are working out for you and I hope it continues.

Clare
Old Oct 16th 2008, 5:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Well done so far & hope it all continues to come good!
Old Oct 17th 2008, 8:19 am
BE Forum Addict

RenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond repute

Its lovely to hear that things got better after your grotty start!

I might get in touch in the future to ask you some more about Ormeau if thats ok. Will give you time to find you feet first though

Ren xx
Old Oct 22nd 2008, 8:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

shabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of light

No problem! Ask anything you want!
x
Old Oct 22nd 2008, 8:53 pm
Going going.........

Little miss reub is a name known to allLittle miss reub is a name known to allLittle miss reub is a name known to allLittle miss reub is a name known to allLittle miss reub is a name known to allLittle miss reub is a name known to allLittle miss reub is a name known to allLittle miss reub is a name known to allLittle miss reub is a name known to allLittle miss reub is a name known to allLittle miss reub is a name known to all

Glad you are enjoying it there, hope you keep enjoying it.
Old Oct 24th 2008, 7:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really nice

Glad to see this post and glad to see that things have started well......

As you can see, we are still waiting....patiently (or not !!! But what choice do I have?)

We hope to be in Brisbane / GC sometime within the first 1/4 of next year.....we'll keep in touch and maybe hook up.
Our preference is GC.....but it will depend on work opportunity...

Good luck in settling in and finding your space ....

Nix
Old Oct 26th 2008, 11:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks for your replies.
Nice to hear from you Nix.
Do keep in touch!
Shabee
x
Old Oct 27th 2008, 12:32 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shabee
No problem! Ask anything you want!
x
can i borrow a tenner?
Old Oct 27th 2008, 7:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by soapy
can i borrow a tenner?
Aye interest is 25%
Old Oct 27th 2008, 7:57 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

shove it!
Old Oct 27th 2008, 8:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by soapy
shove it!
Lol! its 2% to anyone else but since you are not allowing my OH in your golf squad I am sulking with u. Lol. I was looking forward to a day of peace.
Old Oct 27th 2008, 8:39 pm
Master of verbal pish©

Lol! its 2% to anyone else but since you are not allowing my OH in your golf squad I am sulking with u. Lol. I was looking forward to a day of peace.
LMAO, now your making me feel bad
if anyone pulls out i will let you know
Old Nov 4th 2008, 8:09 pm
Just Joined

w99tts is a jewel in the roughw99tts is a jewel in the roughw99tts is a jewel in the roughw99tts is a jewel in the rough

Oh my God, I cant believe there is still Augusties 07 still waiting! what the hell is going on?

Any way how are you all. Thought I would jump on and give you all an update.
We arrived on the 19th Sept. to a raining dull day at Brisbane airport. At 6.30 in the morning. Shattered!
Took hours to get to our holiday let in Kirra. Kirra is on the border between G coast and NSW.
The holiday let was filthy, we got it cheeper as there was a building site next door (which never bothered us). But oh my god that place had not been lived in for months and had not been cleaned in the same time.
Well that afternoon I think at some stage or another each of us cried and wondered what the hell we had done. Of course jet lag was the real cause.
I had a moan on here and got a lot off support back from expaters. They really helped that day.
We trailed around as many areas as possible without really finding anywhere that felt right. I tell you some of the properties we looked at, I would not keep a dog in.
We had had friends move over here about 2 weeks before us and they found an area called Ormeau. They got a rental and moved in. They invited us over to stay the night and I just fell in love with the house they had. In the morning we went for a look round and loved the place. So 2 weeks into our 4 week booking at the holiday let we were moving again. Looked at a 4 bedroomed house in Ormeau on the sat. and moved in on the Fri. We had nothing apart from our clothes to move in with but I did not care lol. (another 7 weeks till our container gets here).
My two boys have started school and seem to be settling ok. Time will tell. My younger one went back a year to primary 7 and my older one went up a year to year 10. Strange!
We have bought a car, sorted my hubby's blue card, arranged medicare and my hubby has even found a job 5 mins away.
From that first few days of sheer hell to where we are now has changed so much. I love it!

Love for now
Shabee
Hi

Congrats on getting through your first few weeks it must be hard, I just wanted to ask what your hubby does, is he a brickie, just with him having a blue card, if so what is the work situation out there. We are hoping to move to Jimboomba before Chrsitmas as long as we get our visa and we are getting concerned about the work situation thanks
Old Nov 15th 2008, 1:12 pm
Forum Regular

wednesfield wolf has a brilliant futurewednesfield wolf has a brilliant futurewednesfield wolf has a brilliant futurewednesfield wolf has a brilliant futurewednesfield wolf has a brilliant futurewednesfield wolf has a brilliant futurewednesfield wolf has a brilliant future

hi there, we live in Ormeau, bought 2 acres of "park like acreage" Just off Peachy road and think it's great. Are you renting on Jacob's Ridge? 20-25 minutes to the coast, 30 minutes to Brissie, 15 minutes to the theme parks, 25 minutes to Mt Tambourine and the hinterland. You couldn't have picked a better spot. We've been here for almost 3 years now (citizenship ceromony on the 26th of this month) I'm about to start my dream job at Triumph Springwood and the kids love it here. My eldest is due to start at the brand new Ormeau Woods High School in January and life's good.

Stick with it, try to remember why you came, enjoy the weather (2 degrees in the UK today Ha ha)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.