British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Update Forum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/update-forum-107/)
-   -   4 weeks and counting (https://britishexpats.com/forum/update-forum-107/4-weeks-counting-479599/)

denise6372 Sep 7th 2007 11:43 am

4 weeks and counting

Hi everyone

For those of you who remember me, I thought I'd post a little thing about our move so far. I have to say that so far, so good we love it, although we would like a bit warmer weather, particularly today it is freezing and very, very wet but you can't have it all can you?

We left Gloucester on a very wet day in July, stopped in Mauritius for a week on the way here and landed on 8th August. Stayed in a holiday rental for 2 weeks in Connolly and to be honest I don't think our feet touched the floor for those 2 weeks. We both felt like we had lost control of our lives it was quite scary for a while.

We found a long-term rental in Carramar, and once my mother decided to go back home to Queensland, and we started getting back to life, and routine and stuff. Like I said, it's all good.

I miss 24 hour shopping and Sunday shopping but it does make you much more relaxed and spend more time doing family things. I really want to get together with other expats if possible though, and can't wait to get myself out there if you know what I mean.

That's all for now, it's pretty much the same as most people post so I won't bore you.

Denise
xx

nightnurse2 Sep 7th 2007 3:52 pm

Re: 4 weeks and counting

Welcome to Perth!
There are a few meets - one at the Boat in Mindarie on a tuesday, one at the Quay cafe, Hilary's on a thursday and if you like 10 pin bowling there's a ladies team on a monday morning at Craigie bowling.
PM me if you need more details :)
Tracey

tonychef Sep 7th 2007 6:15 pm

welcome to uk in oz with sunshine and sea hope you settle in well lock your car up and hide your tv

Issie Sep 7th 2007 6:27 pm

Originally Posted by tonychef (Post 5285966)
welcome to uk in oz with sunshine and sea hope you settle in well lock your car up and hide your tv

Bloody hell mate you have downer on Australia. Why don't you post on the MBTUK forum because that is where you should be heading....instead of putting downers on people positive posts.

tonychef Sep 7th 2007 6:53 pm

sorry mate but i dont have a downer on oz in fact i love it

it just the poms living in and carring on as they would in uk in certain areas

im living in a van waiting for the right place to settle

okay i dont like perth but you might its only an opinion

iv traveled 12500 km and loved 12000 of the but perth stinks ( sorrry )

Issie Sep 7th 2007 7:51 pm

Originally Posted by tonychef (Post 5286077)

Sounds great in a van, a collegue of mine travelled 6 month across Australia and loved every minute of it. If i didn't have the kids i would do it my self.

Everyone is entitled to there own opinion, but this is the OP thread about her time in Perth so far, and there are lots of us who like to read about updates.

I have read some of your threads you have posted and thats fine...its your opinion.........:)

Enjoy the rest of your journey man in a van;)

denise6372 Sep 8th 2007 1:54 am

Originally Posted by tonychef (Post 5286077)

Likewise, I think your van sounds great and if it weren't for 2 children I'd absolutely love to do the same. Thanks for your feedback, but we have seen quite a lot of Australia and always preferred Perth. Don't worry, my car is always locked and hey, doesn't everybody have a TV?

xx

Sally Simpson Sep 8th 2007 3:15 pm

Denise, glad to hear you are starting to settle. Hope you meet up with some nice folks soon!:thumbup:

the greens Sep 9th 2007 6:54 pm

Man in a Van, although I don't want to hijack OP, can I ask what you have loved and hated about the things you have seen on your travels ?

OP - good luck to you. The first few weeks will not be typical of your new life in Oz. Hope you have a fantastic time. I stayed in Tapping for 2 weeks last year and had a wander under the bridge to Carramar. It felt like a nice place to live but I didn't stay long enough to get my bearings about where I could get to from there. Had a nice long walk round Lake Joondalup though - that lake is big !