Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Update Forum
Reload this Page >

4 months in Perth, going home after 6 months!

4 months in Perth, going home after 6 months!

Old Apr 24th 2007, 4:33 am
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 4 months in Perth, going home after 6 months!

Can't believe your off home

I haven't been online for a while,as we have moved up to Somerly (near you) and off course, had to wait for the internet to get re-connected

You seemed really happy last time I PM'd you, but I do know how you feel re missing family/friends.

All the best with it anyway, and hope you manage to settle back in the UK

Good luck
Old Apr 24th 2007, 4:46 am
BE Forum Addict

wafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tiawamutu

I haven't been online for a while,as we have moved up to Somerly (near you) and off course, had to wait for the internet to get re-connected

You seemed really happy last time I PM'd you, but I do know how you feel re missing family/friends.

Good luck
Thanks a lot,

All the best with your new house build.
Old Apr 24th 2007, 8:06 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by soapy
im sure there was another guy who didnt last long. cant remember if it was a couple of days or a week. im sure his name was toryglen boy?
im sure hes the guy who changed my mind about the 2 year pish
He came back again though
Old Apr 24th 2007, 9:26 am
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wafc
Thanks a lot,

All the best with your new house build.
Old Apr 24th 2007, 11:17 am
Just Joined

partwag is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: 4 months in Perth, going home after 6 months!

I am totally new to this site, and have been reading your comments with great interest!
I originally emigrated to Perth in 2002, and returned to the UK about 10 months later. I think that everyone underestimates the emotions that you go through, and everyone has to make the choice that is right for them at that time. The timeframe is a very personal decision and shouldn't be scoffed at because it isn't the same as your choices....
I returned to the UK as my husband was ill, and being so far away from family really brought those issues home. My husband is now in a care home in the UK with a terminal illness, and my residency runs out at the end of May........
I am returning to live in Perth on the 24th May, a very difficult decision because of my circumstances, but as I'm only 37 I felt that I couldn't live the rest of my life with regrets about not going back.
I hear of so many friends returning to the UK, only to regret their decision and move back again!!!!!
My only advice is to follow your gut feelings, and make the decision that is right for you and your family...life is far too short!!!!
Old Apr 24th 2007, 12:47 pm
Just Joined

tani is just really nicetani is just really nicetani is just really nicetani is just really nicetani is just really nicetani is just really nicetani is just really nicetani is just really nice

Originally Posted by partwag
I am totally new to this site, and have been reading your comments with great interest!
I originally emigrated to Perth in 2002, and returned to the UK about 10 months later. I think that everyone underestimates the emotions that you go through, and everyone has to make the choice that is right for them at that time. The timeframe is a very personal decision and shouldn't be scoffed at because it isn't the same as your choices....
I returned to the UK as my husband was ill, and being so far away from family really brought those issues home. My husband is now in a care home in the UK with a terminal illness, and my residency runs out at the end of May........
I am returning to live in Perth on the 24th May, a very difficult decision because of my circumstances, but as I'm only 37 I felt that I couldn't live the rest of my life with regrets about not going back.
I hear of so many friends returning to the UK, only to regret their decision and move back again!!!!!
My only advice is to follow your gut feelings, and make the decision that is right for you and your family...life is far too short!!!!
Partwag....

You very very brave woman.My heart really really goes out to you. Of all the circumstances people have told about on my short time on this site - I can only imagine the difficulty you must have had coming to your decision.
I wish you ALL the very very best of luck my dear........take good care of yourself and go steady
loadsa love n hugs to you
T
xxxxx
Old Apr 24th 2007, 1:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

wafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond repute

Many thanks for your reply.

You are very brave and I wish you all the best and nothing but good luck with your move back over here, you deserve some good fortune.
Old Apr 24th 2007, 7:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

sals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to all

Good luck, and loads of love I hope everything works out for you x
Old Apr 24th 2007, 7:19 pm
Just Joined

partwag is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tani
Partwag....

You very very brave woman.My heart really really goes out to you. Of all the circumstances people have told about on my short time on this site - I can only imagine the difficulty you must have had coming to your decision.
I wish you ALL the very very best of luck my dear........take good care of yourself and go steady
loadsa love n hugs to you
T
xxxxx
Tani, WAFC, and Sals.....
Thanks for all your kind messages!!!!!

WAFC... Do want feels right for you and your family, and you won't go far wrong. Ignore the people who don't matter, only you are standing in your shoes. What does it matter if you return to the UK now or later? If you feel that you have given it your best shot then Good Luck to you and your family in the future.
Old Apr 24th 2007, 7:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

seasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
I recall him. New baby involved too, so probably male hormones?! Laughed my socks off at time...not so now
Old Apr 24th 2007, 10:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

s-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond repute

Oh no, you must be going through the hardest decision of your life. I'm so sorry for your husband. I'm sure he believes your doing the right thing too though... My husband has just said he would want me to do the same, as life goes on... Yet who knows what you would do until you're in the situation?

We wish you all the best with everything you do, take care and good luck on your return journey.

Sarah-jane and Simon xx
Old Apr 24th 2007, 11:30 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
i think your right pen. but i havent seen him post for ages.

lets hunt him down

HEY ! toryglen boy, where urr yae?

email sent now lets see how long it takes for him to reply lol

Last edited by soapy©; Apr 24th 2007 at 11:35 pm.
Old Apr 25th 2007, 11:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Bexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tiawamutu

Good luck
Best of luck. Hard decision, but brave. I hope you settle in well!
Bexie
Old May 7th 2007, 1:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Well we've now changed our minds for the millionth and hopefully last time!! lol. We're now just going back to the UK for a hol, so we'll be coming back to Perth! Hopefully the hol will help us to decide for certain where we'd rather be and I do want to at least get citizenship and see how we feel at the 2 year mark. We do like Australia a lot and I personally feel it probably is a slightly better/safer country to bring up children in, but missing family and friends etc and having them around you also means a great deal.

At least doing it this way we wont regret shipping all of our stuff back etc if we'd made the wrong decision!!

All the best to those people who are still deciding etc, its not easy!

Stu
Old May 7th 2007, 2:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wafc
Well we've now changed our minds for the millionth and hopefully last time!! lol. We're now just going back to the UK for a hol, so we'll be coming back to Perth! Hopefully the hol will help us to decide for certain where we'd rather be and I do want to at least get citizenship and see how we feel at the 2 year mark. We do like Australia a lot and I personally feel it probably is a slightly better/safer country to bring up children in, but missing family and friends etc and having them around you also means a great deal.

At least doing it this way we wont regret shipping all of our stuff back etc if we'd made the wrong decision!!

All the best to those people who are still deciding etc, its not easy!

Stu
Hi Stu,

The first 6 months can be a killer, I know I missed my son loads especially at first (well I still miss him loads now, but I'm getting used to it). It's one of the downsides of emigrating isn't it?

I hope it all works out for you whatever you finally decide.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.