4 Months in (Nearly!)

Old May 22nd 2007, 1:34 am
BE Forum Addict

mick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 4 Months in (Nearly!)

Originally Posted by springflower
Hi Lynne

Sorry to hear OH isnt settling, it is a worry. We have taken out a mortgage for more than we were hoping but then I wouldnt go back to England so its worth it for us. I must admit I am like you, have regular meets with the girls here in Bunbury, also have my family over in Busselton, where as Ray works long hours (not for much longer though, he just had promotion so less hours) and he comes home has dinner and usually crashes out. Now he has weekends free it is much better and he is gradually enjoying himself once again getting back to some of his hobbies that have been on hold. It does take time and things certainly are different here, but like everyone says when spring and summer time comes around it is so nice, simple things like sitting out in the garden with a few beers with dinner chatting till late, or down to the beach with a bottle of wine and watching the sunset, all very laid back compared to the local pub but just as enjoyable.
Just wanted to wish you both all the best in what ever decision you make and if you need someone to talk to then just give me a call.

Jan xx
I didn't think OH would want to go back to UK either but if hes unhappy here I would never pressure him to stay. I would rather him be happy and back in the UK if needs must.

Whatever he decides I will be behind him 110%. I know its not what I would have hoped for as I really love being here but I don't want to be seeing OH miserable.

Lynne

PS. Congratulations on promotion to R as well and thanks Jan, its good to know I can pick up the phone.
Old May 22nd 2007, 3:22 am
Love it here!

SalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of light

Hiya Lynne

Think we're all feeling the same....Chris just seems to finish work and crash out on sofa too but on a Friday he's been forcing himself to go to footy training at Warnbro and now they've started going down the PK after for a few pints.....so gradually he's making a few mates and having a bit of space from me & the kids

Yesterday, i took the kids down the beach for an hour after school, otherwise it seems to be dark before you know it and there's nothing to do ....hopefully the days will start getting longer (and warmer) soon

Does M play poker???? Chris is wanting to sort a poker night out round here

Sally x
Old May 22nd 2007, 9:00 am
patience is a virtue !!!!

jo andy + 2 is a jewel in the roughjo andy + 2 is a jewel in the roughjo andy + 2 is a jewel in the roughjo andy + 2 is a jewel in the roughjo andy + 2 is a jewel in the rough

Hiya Lynne n Sally,

A poker night sounds good, how about a horse racing nite too, im bringing it with me....cant bring the real horses they dont fit in the suitcase so will have to do with CDs and a TV.

Im not looking forward to the dark early evenings, will just have to have more get-togethers and more beer

Jo
x
Old May 22nd 2007, 12:36 pm
happy to be here!

nightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jo andy + 2
Hiya Lynne n Sally,

A poker night sounds good, how about a horse racing nite too, im bringing it with me....cant bring the real horses they dont fit in the suitcase so will have to do with CDs and a TV.

Im not looking forward to the dark early evenings, will just have to have more get-togethers and more beer

Jo
x

The horse racing night sounds good!
What's the game called and where can I buy it from, if you don't mind me asking?
Tracey
Old May 22nd 2007, 1:53 pm
Love it here!

SalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by jo andy + 2
Hiya Lynne n Sally,

Jo
x
But does that mean you know who wins?
Old May 22nd 2007, 1:59 pm
Account Closed

Nomore is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mick69
I didn't think OH would want to go back to UK either but if hes unhappy here I would never pressure him to stay. I would rather him be happy and back in the UK if needs must.

Whatever he decides I will be behind him 110%. I know its not what I would have hoped for as I really love being here but I don't want to be seeing OH miserable.

Lynne

PS. Congratulations on promotion to R as well and thanks Jan, its good to know I can pick up the phone.
It's terrible when one is happy and the other isn't. I read about it on here everyday, seems that Perth has most of the problems.
I wonder if it is where we settled in Perth, NOR!!!! What is it like where you are? I am not settled and crave to go home like your hubby, but my OH wants citizenship. Who wins, who knows!
Old May 22nd 2007, 2:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

mick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulrachel
It's terrible when one is happy and the other isn't. I read about it on here everyday, seems that Perth has most of the problems.
I wonder if it is where we settled in Perth, NOR!!!! What is it like where you are? I am not settled and crave to go home like your hubby, but my OH wants citizenship. Who wins, who knows!
Its beautiful where we are. But there is something thats not right for him and unfortunately its a financial thing (before anyone says we knew the price of houses etc before coming) he wants the security we had in the uk.
We thought we would have a small mortgage which would have been paid off quickly but the way things have panned out we would be mortgaged to the hilt for the next 30 years which isn't his idea of enjoyment. Working for another 30 years was not in the equation either.
I would love to stay for the next couple of years to get the citizenship therefore allowing the kids to come and go freely in years to come but if that meant OH not happy I wouldn't consider it. I would rather us all be happy than just 3 of us. Just my opinion.
Hope it works out for you as well.

Lynne
Old May 22nd 2007, 2:14 pm
Account Closed

Nomore is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mick69
Its beautiful where we are. But there is something thats not right for him and unfortunately its a financial thing (before anyone says we knew the price of houses etc before coming) he wants the security we had in the uk.
We thought we would have a small mortgage which would have been paid off quickly but the way things have panned out we would be mortgaged to the hilt for the next 30 years which isn't his idea of enjoyment. Working for another 30 years was not in the equation either.
I would love to stay for the next couple of years to get the citizenship therefore allowing the kids to come and go freely in years to come but if that meant OH not happy I wouldn't consider it. I would rather us all be happy than just 3 of us. Just my opinion.
Hope it works out for you as well.

Lynne
Your story is exactly the same as ours. We have infact bought a house and have a bloody massive morgage due to the house prices, for 30 years. This is not what we came for and financially it is crippling us.
I think if we all came 2 years before then the prices would be more reasonable and we would be happier at paying a lower morgage. Having no money, the worry etc makes the move undesirable.
Do we stay here with a ridiculous morgage???? is it really worth it?
Old May 23rd 2007, 2:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by paulrachel
is it really worth it?
Thats why he wants to go back (I think)

Lynne
Old May 23rd 2007, 8:43 am
Love it here!

But you still have your nest-egg in the UK, so why not stay renting?
Old May 23rd 2007, 2:15 pm
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Lynne
Sorry to hear things are un-settled for you. The last time we spoke you all seemed to be getting on really well.

It does sound as if Mick is not getting the chance to do much outside of work and no-one wants their life to revolve around working.

i completely understand you not wanting to end up with a huge mortgage. You know our story - we planned originally to head to Perth but rising house prices have made us look elsewhere. We dont want that sort of financial burden in our life - it is just unnecessary stress.

Have you considered living anywhere else in oz? would that make any difference to your financial situation?

Cant really do the helpful advice as we havent tried the move ourselves yet! But we will be working on the theory that we both have to be happy for the move to work - and if one of us isnt then we will make any big decisions accordingly!

I hope things improve for Mick soon.
if you need a chat just pm me i am always here
big hugs to you, mick and the girls

Adele x
Old May 23rd 2007, 2:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Tiggs+Graz
Hi Lynne
Sorry to hear things are un-settled for you. The last time we spoke you all seemed to be getting on really well.

It does sound as if Mick is not getting the chance to do much outside of work and no-one wants their life to revolve around working.

i completely understand you not wanting to end up with a huge mortgage. You know our story - we planned originally to head to Perth but rising house prices have made us look elsewhere. We dont want that sort of financial burden in our life - it is just unnecessary stress.

Have you considered living anywhere else in oz? would that make any difference to your financial situation?

Cant really do the helpful advice as we havent tried the move ourselves yet! But we will be working on the theory that we both have to be happy for the move to work - and if one of us isnt then we will make any big decisions accordingly!

I hope things improve for Mick soon.
if you need a chat just pm me i am always here
big hugs to you, mick and the girls

Adele x
Cheers Adele,
Have PM'd you

Lynne x
Old May 23rd 2007, 3:01 pm
Forum Regular

Sara W is on a distinguished road

Give it time, you'll end up finding like minded people to pal up with. Hasn't your husband got a garage to tinker in where he is? That would kill my husband, he loves getting in the garage. Do you think it's something to do with male DNA make up or that they just like dodging out the way of us wifes? I don't even nag mine - much.
Regards Sara
Old May 24th 2007, 5:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Sara W
Give it time, you'll end up finding like minded people to pal up with. Hasn't your husband got a garage to tinker in where he is? That would kill my husband, he loves getting in the garage. Do you think it's something to do with male DNA make up or that they just like dodging out the way of us wifes? I don't even nag mine - much.
Regards Sara
I don't think time will change his mind. He also lived in the garage back in the UK but doesn't seem to be that bothered about it here. Maybe because its not his (we're renting) I just don't know.
Like I said before whatever happens I'll be there.

Lynne
Old May 25th 2007, 10:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Well decision is made i's definate were going back mid August.

Lynne

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.