Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Update Forum
Reload this Page >

3yrs in Perth (south of the river)

3yrs in Perth (south of the river)

Old Feb 26th 2010, 4:43 am
Forum Regular

little bear has a reputation beyond reputelittle bear has a reputation beyond reputelittle bear has a reputation beyond reputelittle bear has a reputation beyond reputelittle bear has a reputation beyond reputelittle bear has a reputation beyond reputelittle bear has a reputation beyond reputelittle bear has a reputation beyond reputelittle bear has a reputation beyond reputelittle bear has a reputation beyond reputelittle bear has a reputation beyond repute
Default 3yrs in Perth (south of the river)

Amazingly enough it was 3 yrs ago today we landed in Perth, its amazing because it has absolutely whizzed by, time flies when you're having fun as they say

Not much I can say really other than we all love it here and have thoroughly enjoyed making our new lives in WA. The Perth lifestyle seems to suit us very well and we are never bored of what it has to offer although I don't enjoy the winter as I hate the cold with a passion and am a real whinging pom even with gas ducted heating installed

Have seen lots of parts of WA with holidays away in our caravan and are off to Queensland later this year and looking forward to a peak of another part of this fab country.

Have seen lots come and stay and a fair few come and go back, I feel very very lucky not to have had the want to return and us all settling in so well.

Good luck to all in their journey

little bear x

Last edited by little bear; Feb 26th 2010 at 6:12 am.
Old Feb 26th 2010, 9:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 3yrs in Perth (south of the river)

Lovely update & well done!
Enjoy Queensland!
Old Mar 2nd 2010, 10:11 am
Forum Regular

Griffangus is just really niceGriffangus is just really niceGriffangus is just really niceGriffangus is just really niceGriffangus is just really niceGriffangus is just really niceGriffangus is just really niceGriffangus is just really niceGriffangus is just really niceGriffangus is just really niceGriffangus is just really nice

Nice updated and glad to hear someone enjoying Perth ..... so many threads have me worried about Perth some days but ultimately I know it is what you make of it (we moved from Zimbabwe to UK 10 years ago....and that was a little culture shock )

Keep well and thanks for the update .....
Old Mar 2nd 2010, 12:02 pm
Account Closed

mindblower is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Griffangus
Nice updated and glad to hear someone enjoying Perth ..... so many threads have me worried about Perth some days but ultimately I know it is what you make of it (we moved from Zimbabwe to UK 10 years ago....and that was a little culture shock )

Keep well and thanks for the update .....

well done bear
Old Mar 3rd 2010, 12:55 am
Forum Regular

little bear has a reputation beyond reputelittle bear has a reputation beyond reputelittle bear has a reputation beyond reputelittle bear has a reputation beyond reputelittle bear has a reputation beyond reputelittle bear has a reputation beyond reputelittle bear has a reputation beyond reputelittle bear has a reputation beyond reputelittle bear has a reputation beyond reputelittle bear has a reputation beyond reputelittle bear has a reputation beyond repute

thanks guys, Perth isn't for everyone but it suits our requirements at the moment, as I always tell my kids - life is always subject to change and you'll never know what you'll be doing 10 yrs down the line!

We've just had a lovely weekend down at Busselton and had our citizenship ceremony last night so a good start to the week

little bear x
Old Mar 12th 2010, 9:20 am
BE Enthusiast

clanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to all

Well done on your citizenship....we still love it too x