3weeks in perth

Old May 16th 2007, 12:36 pm
Emily, Luke and Libby

lewandkate has much to be proud oflewandkate has much to be proud oflewandkate has much to be proud oflewandkate has much to be proud oflewandkate has much to be proud oflewandkate has much to be proud oflewandkate has much to be proud oflewandkate has much to be proud oflewandkate has much to be proud oflewandkate has much to be proud oflewandkate has much to be proud of
Default 3weeks in perth

1st update from perth.

Landed on 26th April midday and been non stop since.
Got our hire car for 1day only! waste off money.
Arrived at our accommodation in fremantle village.
Went car shopping on the 27th was in cannington and maddington finding a car which we did, a 1985 Jackaroo! $2800 then took hire car back into freo.

Spent 1st saturday on Quinns beach and met up with a friend I used to work with in the UK. But decided it was too far north for us.
On the sunday we went to look at a few houses in the Kwinana, Leda area but decided it was not for us, after researching this area alot when in the Uk we didnt feel anything for the area!! Burnt out cars and burnt out motorbike in park!

Our 1st monday was Emily's 5th birthday so we let her decide what to do for the day, We went to AQWA at Hillarys then to Hogs Breath in Northbridge for dinner (which is where we spent her 2nd birthday too)

Tuesday Lewis rang a few contacts he got from seek when in the Uk, unfortunately no good, so job hunting starts again! Went to Northbridge done TFN and then Commonwealth Bank.

wednesday get The Western Australia, Lew ringing up jobs. Then went searching for a Immoboliser fitter, just happened to find a door company Lew starts tomorrow!

Thursday I drop Lew off at work and then go and Immoboliser fitted takes guy 2hours, kids moaning there bored
Lew earned $135 for the day not bad with no tools and no van!

Friday got car registered at Leach Hwy, the dropped Lew off at work again.
Lew earns $40 hung 1door, not good says his grandad has better tools than the bloke working with. I go looking for fridges.

Saturday Lew goes to work hangs 2 doors gets $50 I go to get keys for our rental in South Lake

Sunday go to Point Walter (swan river) had a lovely picnic kids loved it.
Went back a rung family.

Monday Lewis gets a call from Doors and More "can you fit door?" "NO sorry its not worth it til I get my own tools"

Tuesday rang school and filled out paperwork for Emily to start PP
and went to Ikea

Wednesday Emily starts PP

Thursday Boxes arrive in Freo

Weekend met friend in freo for lunch and swan valley and got some Wine.

That it boxes arrive tomorrow Lew will be happily reunited with his tools
and go to work!!!
Emily has settled in School and Me and Luke went to playgroup today

ANYONE IN NEED OF A CARPENTER PM US PLEASE
Old May 17th 2007, 9:05 am
BE Enthusiast

marvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: 3weeks in perth

Originally Posted by lewandkate
1st update from perth.

Went car shopping on the 27th was in cannington and maddington finding a car which we did, a 1985 Jackaroo! $2800 then took hire car back into freo.

Spent 1st saturday on Quinns beach and met up with a friend I used to work with in the UK. But decided it was too far north for us.
On the sunday we went to look at a few houses in the Kwinana, Leda area but decided it was not for us, after researching this area alot when in the Uk we didnt feel anything for the area!! Burnt out cars and burnt out motorbike in park!

Our 1st monday was Emily's 5th birthday so we let her decide what to do for the day, We went to AQWA at Hillarys then to Hogs Breath in Northbridge for dinner (which is where we spent her 2nd birthday too)

Tuesday Lewis rang a few contacts he got from seek when in the Uk, unfortunately no good, so job hunting starts again! Went to Northbridge done TFN and then Commonwealth Bank.

wednesday get The Western Australia, Lew ringing up jobs. Then went searching for a Immoboliser fitter, just happened to find a door company Lew starts tomorrow!

Thursday I drop Lew off at work and then go and Immoboliser fitted takes guy 2hours, kids moaning there bored

Lew earns $40 hung 1door, not good says his grandad has better tools than the bloke working with. I go looking for fridges.

Saturday Lew goes to work hangs 2 doors gets $50 I go to get keys for our rental in South Lake

Went back a rung family.

Monday Lewis gets a call from Doors and More "can you fit door?" "NO sorry its not worth it til I get my own tools"

and went to Ikea

and go to work!!!

Followed your progress through on the forum, glad to hear you are in Oz now Could you advise how much it costed to send the tools over seperately and how clean they have to be???

Best wishes for the future
Old May 17th 2007, 12:18 pm
Emily, Luke and Libby

lewandkate has much to be proud oflewandkate has much to be proud oflewandkate has much to be proud oflewandkate has much to be proud oflewandkate has much to be proud oflewandkate has much to be proud oflewandkate has much to be proud oflewandkate has much to be proud oflewandkate has much to be proud oflewandkate has much to be proud oflewandkate has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by marvinc
Followed your progress through on the forum, glad to hear you are in Oz now Could you advise how much it costed to send the tools over seperately and how clean they have to be???

Best wishes for the future
Hi Marvinc
we shipped 10 boxes over only 4 had tools in, cost us £350 with PSS arrived today nothing broken couldnt have been happier with the service! Lew scrubbed his tools made them look like new! only 3boxes out of the 10 were actually opened for inspection 2tools 1toys.
Old May 21st 2007, 9:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Bishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant future

1st update from perth.

Went back a rung family.

and went to Ikea

and go to work!!!

Great post, glad its all going great for you, keep us updated with more posts in the future. Glad your little un has settled into PP ok as this is one of my worries with my 5 year old girlie too. Good luck with the unpacking!!
Old May 24th 2007, 10:51 am
Just Joined

jaynee is an unknown quantity at this point

1st update from perth.

Went back a rung family.

and went to Ikea

and go to work!!!

Hi
Do you know of any furnished accomodation to rent for about 2 months when we arrive in September? Help!!!
Old May 24th 2007, 11:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

leechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud of

Lovely to read your post. We arrive one week before you, know what you mean about it all been non-stop. We got our kids into school and they love it. Our little girl is in PP too. I will PM you.
Nicky xx
Old May 25th 2007, 3:33 am
Emily, Luke and Libby

Originally Posted by jaynee
Hi
Do you know of any furnished accomodation to rent for about 2 months when we arrive in September? Help!!!
Hi Jaynee, we stayed in fremantle holiday village, very basic but you couldn't stay there to long would drive you nuts we found our rental in 9 days of arriving so you may not need short term for that long. they only have chalets.

Hi Nicky have PM'd you thanks

Kate
Old May 26th 2007, 3:01 am
BE Enthusiast

olauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud of

Hectic but quite productive ...
Were you as per your planned budget for those 3 weeks..as just wondering how much all this will cost us if/when we move in July...

Karen
Old May 26th 2007, 3:13 am
BE Forum Addict

mick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by olauf
Hectic but quite productive ...
Were you as per your planned budget for those 3 weeks..as just wondering how much all this will cost us if/when we move in July...

Karen
When we arrived over we spent a tiny bit more than expected but this was only because we hadn't found a rental sooner.
Cost of accomodation was $1890
Car Rental was $600 roughly but we got $250 back as deposit.
You will have to account for groceries etc but this was the biggest outgoing for us for the first three weeks.
Not sure if this helps.
Lynne
Old May 26th 2007, 10:36 am
BE Enthusiast

olauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by mick69
When we arrived over we spent a tiny bit more than expected but this was only because we hadn't found a rental sooner.
Cost of accomodation was $1890
Car Rental was $600 roughly but we got $250 back as deposit.
You will have to account for groceries etc but this was the biggest outgoing for us for the first three weeks.
Not sure if this helps.
Lynne

Hi Lynne
Yes - thanks for the info - This gives us an idea of how much we would need for the 1st days/weeks once we set foot and pending we find a more longer term accommodation.

Therefore roughly $.3000 should be OK for 3 wks inclusive of groceries/fuel etc...

Have you now been able to find a more suitable home and found a job to your expectations? in which region you are...

Karen
Old May 27th 2007, 3:42 am
BE Forum Addict

mick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by olauf
Hi Lynne
Yes - thanks for the info - This gives us an idea of how much we would need for the 1st days/weeks once we set foot and pending we find a more longer term accommodation.

Therefore roughly $.3000 should be OK for 3 wks inclusive of groceries/fuel etc...

Have you now been able to find a more suitable home and found a job to your expectations? in which region you are...

Karen
We found a beautiful rental in Secret Harbour, WA and OH has found a job but thats another story..........(see other thread 4 months (nearly)

Lynne