British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Update Forum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/update-forum-107/)
-   -   3 Years!!!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/update-forum-107/3-years-671590/)

redlion Jun 8th 2010 11:41 am

3 Years!!!!

Bloody hell, where did that go. Three years on the 12th May gone, still loving it all, honeymoon period well and truly over but still think its the best decision we have ever made. House prices way high, food prices ridiculous and no pubs to speak of and yet we still love it. I have started in a new career as a juvenile custodial officer and i am loving it, wife is actually looking for another job but is employed in a good job, shes just a bit bored in it, Littlun (15) is doing great in school, shes got loads of friends and has no intention of going back. We have the house, the pool, the BBQ, two cars and a great lifestyle, all be it a lot slower than our life in UK but thats fine cos we are not getting any younger. What can i say guys, to those making the move, good luck this place is what you make it, make the effort here and you will reap the rewards, sit in your house and wait for it to knock on your door and you will be going back pretty soon. Of course all of this is just our experience and my own opinion so read into it as you will. Cheers for now guys, Ill pop back from time to time to the old website, it was a tremendous help in the beginning.

TTFN Nev :thumbsup:

Alfresco Jun 8th 2010 12:31 pm

Re: 3 Years!!!!

Great update! Glad you're loving it there. :thumbup:

Sherlock Holmes Jun 8th 2010 2:05 pm

4 years!!!! And still getting better.

How nice to see such a positive post. I like it too!!:thumbup:

katsmajic Jun 8th 2010 10:55 pm

Great update Nev, 3 years though, wow thats flown by.
Kat

Sally Simpson Jun 10th 2010 5:15 am

Well done Nev!:thumbsup:

Kapri Jun 10th 2010 8:13 pm

Glad it's all worked out Nev :thumbup:

Hutch Jun 11th 2010 9:35 am

Nice one mate, here's to the next three. :thumbsup:

Gina123 Jun 13th 2010 7:32 am

Great update, glad to hear you are all doing so well :thumbsup:

ub40fan Jun 15th 2010 5:33 am

Glad you're staying :p

mindblower Jun 24th 2010 9:29 am

[/QUOTE]

well done

Syedney Jun 24th 2010 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by redlion (Post 8619298)
Bloody hell, where did that go. Three years on the 12th May gone, still loving it all, honeymoon period well and truly over but still think its the best decision we have ever made. House prices way high, food prices ridiculous and no pubs to speak of and yet we still love it. I have started in a new career as a juvenile custodial officer and i am loving it, wife is actually looking for another job but is employed in a good job, shes just a bit bored in it, Littlun (15) is doing great in school, shes got loads of friends and has no intention of going back. We have the house, the pool, the BBQ, two cars and a great lifestyle, all be it a lot slower than our life in UK but thats fine cos we are not getting any younger. What can i say guys, to those making the move, good luck this place is what you make it, make the effort here and you will reap the rewards, sit in your house and wait for it to knock on your door and you will be going back pretty soon. Of course all of this is just our experience and my own opinion so read into it as you will. Cheers for now guys, Ill pop back from time to time to the old website, it was a tremendous help in the beginning.

TTFN Nev :thumbsup:

Nice one mate! Really happy for you!

And you're spot on: you reap what you sow!! :thumbup:

Cool update!

Here's hoping that we get there too...20 months is where we are at.:fingerscrossed:

SalSa Jun 26th 2010 2:32 pm

wow havent been on here for months but saw your update and thought i'd say congrats! Ours is 4 years in November....don't time fly?!
All the best :thumbup:

redlion Jul 5th 2010 3:18 am

Originally Posted by SalSa (Post 8658888)
wow havent been on here for months but saw your update and thought i'd say congrats! Ours is 4 years in November....don't time fly?!
All the best :thumbup:

Funnily enough it had been many months since i have visited BE but i thought id just pop on and see what was happening around, its always good to hear how folks are doing, glad life is still good for you guys too.

Cheers for now,

Nev.:cool: