Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Update Forum
Reload this Page >

3 weeks since we arrived in Perth.

3 weeks since we arrived in Perth.

Old Mar 5th 2009, 5:48 am
BE Enthusiast

philnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud of
Default 3 weeks since we arrived in Perth.

AND I STILL LOVE THE PLACE....

We managed to secure a really nice almost new rental within walking distance of the train station and shops, both of us have secured jobs in our first 3 weeks here. And, both of us have taken slight career changes which is a nice change if you ask me.

This will be the first time both me and Amanda have had permanent jobs at the same time I have always worked as a contractor.

I really love Perth, but then I always have, it feels like home, it is not that expensive to live here but then I knew that before I arrived.

I was hoping for at least 2 months off work lol, but who can afford to turn down decent jobs in the current economic climate.

I will say this though which is annoying, all the Australians I have met in stores, malls etc have been very helpful and cheerful, but the Brits I have come across (so far) working in coles, woolies clothes shops and the likes have been down right bloody miserable, no wonder they call us whinging poms !!

Well I am off to celebrate now not much of an update, but nothing more I can say other than I couldnt be happier,
Old Mar 5th 2009, 10:15 am
Forum Regular

waikiki is just really nicewaikiki is just really nicewaikiki is just really nicewaikiki is just really nicewaikiki is just really nicewaikiki is just really nicewaikiki is just really nicewaikiki is just really nice
Default Re: 3 weeks since we arrived in Perth.

Hi guys

Congrats on making the move. You actually arrived in Perth the day before us and we are loving it too.

Where abouts are you renting? We are down in Mandurah. Well done on getting jobs so fast - we haven't got that far yet!
Old Mar 5th 2009, 10:23 am
BE Enthusiast

philnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud of

Thanks
We are up in Clarkson of all places against the advice of some, it is a nice place, ideal for walking to shops and the train which will save me a fortune on buying a car, as both our house and the place we work are about 200 yards from train stations.

I like it down in Mandurah, our immigration agent is form down there, I havent had a chance to come down and see him yet.
Old Mar 7th 2009, 4:23 pm
Just Joined

Mary1967UK is a name known to allMary1967UK is a name known to allMary1967UK is a name known to allMary1967UK is a name known to allMary1967UK is a name known to allMary1967UK is a name known to allMary1967UK is a name known to allMary1967UK is a name known to allMary1967UK is a name known to allMary1967UK is a name known to allMary1967UK is a name known to all

Originally Posted by philnorris
AND I STILL LOVE THE PLACE....

We managed to secure a really nice almost new rental within walking distance of the train station and shops, both of us have secured jobs in our first 3 weeks here. And, both of us have taken slight career changes which is a nice change if you ask me.

This will be the first time both me and Amanda have had permanent jobs at the same time I have always worked as a contractor.

I really love Perth, but then I always have, it feels like home, it is not that expensive to live here but then I knew that before I arrived.

I was hoping for at least 2 months off work lol, but who can afford to turn down decent jobs in the current economic climate.

I will say this though which is annoying, all the Australians I have met in stores, malls etc have been very helpful and cheerful, but the Brits I have come across (so far) working in coles, woolies clothes shops and the likes have been down right bloody miserable, no wonder they call us whinging poms !!

Well I am off to celebrate now not much of an update, but nothing more I can say other than I couldnt be happier,

They're probably whinging poms because they've been in Oz more than 3 weeks!!!
Old Mar 18th 2009, 2:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute

Nice story,

hope you make many friends and have the best life downunder

Lace x
Old Mar 18th 2009, 11:24 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Theres whingers wherever you go.............just ignore them!