Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Update Forum
Reload this Page >

3 weeks in Dandenong, Melbourne

3 weeks in Dandenong, Melbourne

Old Aug 17th 2010, 10:44 am
BE Enthusiast

muditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of light
Smile 3 weeks in Dandenong, Melbourne

Its coming to the end of week 3. I got Centrelink reference number, Medicare was applied and waiting to get the card, got the tax file number, got the debit card and pin number. So everything is getting shaping up. I'm getting used to the conditions here. I travelled in the train and busses, walked in the streets, in shopping complexes and getting use to things.
Old Aug 17th 2010, 11:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 3 weeks in Dandenong, Melbourne

Well done you!

Do you already have a job or are you looking?
Old Aug 17th 2010, 1:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

muditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of light

Still searching for .......

Originally Posted by Sally Simpson
Well done you!

Do you already have a job or are you looking?
Old Aug 18th 2010, 1:35 pm
Forum Regular

Muttiah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by muditha
Its coming to the end of week 3. I got Centrelink reference number, Medicare was applied and waiting to get the card, got the tax file number, got the debit card and pin number. So everything is getting shaping up. I'm getting used to the conditions here. I travelled in the train and busses, walked in the streets, in shopping complexes and getting use to things.
Dear Muditha,
Do you have any checklist which you might have prepared before reaching Oz,like time to get PR card,credit card with PIN,bank account,Social security no,etc?
If yes,pls message me or send me the link.
We are coming to Oz after 3 months.We still havent decided where to land.Its such a big question.
Regards,
muttiah
Old Aug 18th 2010, 11:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dear Muttiah,

I don't have a checklist as such. But i downloaded such a list by googling those days. I can't locate it now. Just google and try to find. Further if you have anything to know, just PM me.

Originally Posted by Muttiah
Dear Muditha,
Do you have any checklist which you might have prepared before reaching Oz,like time to get PR card,credit card with PIN,bank account,Social security no,etc?
We are coming to Oz after 3 months.We still havent decided where to land.Its such a big question.
Regards,
muttiah
Old Sep 12th 2010, 4:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Its 6 weeks. Went for 2 interviews since arrival. Still didn't succeed. Seems job hunting is bit tough.
Old Sep 13th 2010, 1:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Its 6 weeks. Went for 2 interviews since arrival. Still didn't succeed. Seems job hunting is bit tough.
It sure is. Keep trying, you'll get there

A lot of the time, employers take ages to get back to you. So even if you don't hear straight away it doesn't mean you're not getting anywhere. My OH had a job offer 6 months after he applied for the job!

Hope something turns up for you soon
Old Sep 14th 2010, 10:41 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Muttiah
Dear Muditha,
Regards,
muttiah
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=345774
Old Nov 19th 2010, 9:51 am
BE Enthusiast

mala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nice

muditha .. you seem from SL am i right ? i am landing there with my kid and father in february. any advice for me before i leave here ?
Old Nov 19th 2010, 10:42 am
Forum Regular

Muttiah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Thankyou Moneypenny for the link.I will check it.I am from INDIA,Mumbai.
Old Nov 28th 2010, 1:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

I get a complex when I walk in shops too. I want OUT!