3 Weeks In

Old Dec 18th 2008, 12:18 am
Forum Regular

Generali is a jewel in the roughGenerali is a jewel in the roughGenerali is a jewel in the roughGenerali is a jewel in the rough
Default 3 Weeks In

Here goes.....

The Generali family and I arrived in Sydney 3 weeks ago. I am here on a spousal 100 visa giving me permanent residency.

We're staying with her parents out in past Paramatta. They have been incredibly kind and supportive towards us, amazing really.

I'm missing my friends and family in Eng. I'm not missing the sun going down at 4pm and the angry, miserable people.

I met Mrs Generali in London when she was 20 and we've lived there together for 12 years so in many ways coming back to Aus has been more of a shock for her than for me. She's never paid bills or rent in Australia. She's never even had a 'proper' job here before but as she's come home, she's expected to know how things work and what goes on. She's going to go to college to study accountancy.

I was a banker/hedge fund back office person in England (yeah, I know, it's all my fault) and I'm trying to look for similar work over here. It's not the best time to be looking what with Christmas coming up and a massive financial crisis still playing out. Luckily, living with the in-laws means that our outgoings are very low. Just some food, rent and a bit of petrol for the car. I'm hoping to start a business after Mrs Generali graduates, helping other businesses cut costs.

Sorry for the rambling thread. I think it's the hot sun!
Old Dec 18th 2008, 10:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Mrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: 3 Weeks In

Good to hear you're doing so well already. X
Old Jan 2nd 2009, 9:45 am
Just Joined

ngallo is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Generali
Here goes.....

The Generali family and I arrived in Sydney 3 weeks ago. I am here on a spousal 100 visa giving me permanent residency.

We're staying with her parents out in past Paramatta. They have been incredibly kind and supportive towards us, amazing really.

I'm missing my friends and family in Eng. I'm not missing the sun going down at 4pm and the angry, miserable people.

I met Mrs Generali in London when she was 20 and we've lived there together for 12 years so in many ways coming back to Aus has been more of a shock for her than for me. She's never paid bills or rent in Australia. She's never even had a 'proper' job here before but as she's come home, she's expected to know how things work and what goes on. She's going to go to college to study accountancy.

I was a banker/hedge fund back office person in England (yeah, I know, it's all my fault) and I'm trying to look for similar work over here. It's not the best time to be looking what with Christmas coming up and a massive financial crisis still playing out. Luckily, living with the in-laws means that our outgoings are very low. Just some food, rent and a bit of petrol for the car. I'm hoping to start a business after Mrs Generali graduates, helping other businesses cut costs.

Sorry for the rambling thread. I think it's the hot sun!
Hi Generali,

Good to hear things are going good for you guys We leave in 2 weeks and very excited!! We are moving to Brisbane from the UK and are just trying to get rid of all our furniture and such. Didnt think we had a lot of things but as soon as you start going through it all you start to realize how much stuff you actually have.

You mentioned you were thinking of starting your own business, just wanted to know if you knew much about registering your business etc over in OZ as I am looking to do the same and not sure where to start. I mean on the legal side of things not sure if its the same as in the UK.

Thanks,
Nick
Old Jan 4th 2009, 11:32 pm
Confused member

SunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by ngallo
Hi Generali,

You mentioned you were thinking of starting your own business, just wanted to know if you knew much about registering your business etc over in OZ as I am looking to do the same and not sure where to start. I mean on the legal side of things not sure if its the same as in the UK.

Thanks,
Nick
It's very similar and also very easy though some requirements are different. I often open new companies for people as I'm an accountant. PM me if you need help.
Old Jan 5th 2009, 2:45 pm
Just Joined

ngallo is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by SunshineGirl
It's very similar and also very easy though some requirements are different. I often open new companies for people as I'm an accountant. PM me if you need help.
Thanks SunshineGirl I will PM you once we get settled.