3 short years

Old Mar 15th 2007, 5:28 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 3 short years

Originally Posted by Weasy
Did the trick Soapy. Had a lovely evening with my new mates, sat sipping champagne amongst the gum trees after our exercise class - homesickness all gone today . I'd send you more karma if I could.

Lou
xx
so happy to here it pal. its too easy to blame Oz for all your problems
its even better that you now have new friends too. life can be shite at time eh lol
hope u didnt get pished
for me, homesickness is like a scabby lip! it hurts, its ugly, and it appears when everything in your life seems to be going great. it hides away waiting to bring you back down to earth.
but anyone who suffers from it, deals with it, trys to forget about it, and some even stick their head in a bucket. we all know thats a silly idea. so the best thing is to deal with it and pretend its not there.

i havent worked this all out yet, i just made it up as i went along lmao
Old Mar 15th 2007, 5:30 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brido
I'll be working sometime next week,we took on the lease for Julies nail bar so i'll be stripping out the place,doin a bit of painting and decorating and maybe i'll have a stab at putting down floortiles before she opens up.

The wages are awful,$0.00 per hour but she'll make my tea and give me the tv remote once a week!

Once it takes shape ill have a look about for myself.Its getting to that stage where i think ive been out of work long enough!(cant believe i just said that,lol)
fantastic news!
plenty to do now mate, that should keep u busy for a while lol
Old Mar 15th 2007, 5:40 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by soapy
so happy to here it pal. its too easy to blame Oz for all your problems
its even better that you now have new friends too. life can be shite at time eh lol
hope u didnt get pished
for me, homesickness is like a scabby lip! it hurts, its ugly, and it appears when everything in your life seems to be going great. it hides away waiting to bring you back down to earth.
but anyone who suffers from it, deals with it, trys to forget about it, and some even stick their head in a bucket. we all know thats a silly idea. so the best thing is to deal with it and pretend its not there.

i havent worked this all out yet, i just made it up as i went along lmao
Bless you Soapy, you're a nutter (a nice one tho') and you made me laugh. Something I don't do a great deal of lately. Homesickness can get ahold of you if you let it, believe me, I know. Even when you are feeling at your worst, just get out of the house, go for a brisk walk, it helps to clear the cobwebs away.
Old Mar 15th 2007, 8:07 am
Master of verbal pish©

Originally Posted by St.Georges Girl
Bless you Soapy, you're a nutter (a nice one tho') and you made me laugh. Something I don't do a great deal of lately. Homesickness can get ahold of you if you let it, believe me, I know. Even when you are feeling at your worst, just get out of the house, go for a brisk walk, it helps to clear the cobwebs away.
lmao, when i first thought about it, it had a really funny ending. but while i was typing it up i forgot what i was going to say and it ended up a pile of pish

we have seen friends who really suffer from homesickness, so i have a bit of an idea what people are going through. i dont first hand so its easier for me to try and lighten it up than help someone
Old Mar 15th 2007, 8:13 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

lmao, when i first thought about it, it had a really funny ending. but while i was typing it up i forgot what i was going to say and it ended up a pile of pish

we have seen friends who really suffer from homesickness, so i have a bit of an idea what people are going through. i dont first hand so its easier for me to try and lighten it up than help someone

It is very hard when you just can't shake it off, almost like an illness I guess.
I went through months and months of feeling really bad when we came back from the last trip home, didn't want to do anything and didn't have the strength to make myself either, so I know exactly how it feels. You made me laugh anyway mate, which is always good for the soul. Keep it up.
Old Mar 15th 2007, 8:32 am
Master of verbal pish©

It is very hard when you just can't shake it off, almost like an illness I guess.
I went through months and months of feeling really bad when we came back from the last trip home, didn't want to do anything and didn't have the strength to make myself either, so I know exactly how it feels. You made me laugh anyway mate, which is always good for the soul. Keep it up.
IVE GOT IT IVE GOT IT!

homesickness is like giving up smoking!
at first you think about it all the time, but as time passes you dont think about it as much and it doesnt hurt as much either. but every now and again you get that old craving and you really need to fight hard to get over it

nope ! thats a lot of pish too, ill have to work on this
Old Mar 15th 2007, 8:38 am
'In limboland'

IVE GOT IT IVE GOT IT!

at first you think about it all the time, but as time passes you dont think about it as much and it doesnt hurt as much either. but every now and again you get that old craving and you really need to fight hard to get over it

nope ! thats a lot of pish too, ill have to work on this
Now that is probably a very good analogy, but not being a smoker, I don't know that feeling. Would it make you sob your heart out, sit indoors not caring about anything that's going on around you, feel sick in the stomach, not want to wake up etc.etc., without a ciggie? If so, then I guess you know the feeling.
Old Mar 15th 2007, 8:50 am
Master of verbal pish©

Now that is probably a very good analogy, but not being a smoker, I don't know that feeling. Would it make you sob your heart out, sit indoors not caring about anything that's going on around you, feel sick in the stomach, not want to wake up etc.etc., without a ciggie? If so, then I guess you know the feeling.
Think that’s exactly how I was feeling when I first tried to give up smoking, but I was confused.
it wasnt when i gave up smoking

That’s how I felt when I gave up masturbating after my hands fell off
Old Mar 15th 2007, 9:17 am
'In limboland'

Think that’s exactly how I was feeling when I first tried to give up smoking, but I was confused.
it wasnt when i gave up smoking

That’s how I felt when I gave up masturbating after my hands fell off
I'd go back to the ciggies if I were you, or give your Pauline a nudge in the back at night.
Old Mar 15th 2007, 9:54 am
Made the move -

Fiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=soapy;4520541]IVE GOT IT IVE GOT IT!

QUOTE]

Soapy, youve got it in one!! thats exactly what its like (well for me anyway) every now and then it hits you and then if you have a ciggie (ie if you have friends or rellies on hols or you go back for a hol) then your cravings come back again and it takes a while for the craving to settle down again..

are you with me or am i the one whos talking pish now
Old Mar 15th 2007, 10:07 am
Master of verbal pish©

I'd go back to the ciggies if I were you, or give your Pauline a nudge in the back at night.
i will have to use my elbow
Old Mar 15th 2007, 10:08 am
Master of verbal pish©

[QUOTE=Fiona&malc;4520800]
IVE GOT IT IVE GOT IT!

QUOTE]

Soapy, youve got it in one!! thats exactly what its like (well for me anyway) every now and then it hits you and then if you have a ciggie (ie if you have friends or rellies on hols or you go back for a hol) then your cravings come back again and it takes a while for the craving to settle down again..

are you with me or am i the one whos talking pish now
i think we are close
Old Mar 15th 2007, 10:25 am
BE Enthusiast

shabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of light

You know something soapy, I read this thread and it just settled my nerves.

That was a great thread! I laughed and also had a tear in my eye.
So gald you are happy, I hope it goes so well for us.

Thanks for sharing it with us.
Sharon
Old Mar 15th 2007, 10:02 pm
Master of verbal pish©

Originally Posted by shabee
You know something soapy, I read this thread and it just settled my nerves.

That was a great thread! I laughed and also had a tear in my eye.
So gald you are happy, I hope it goes so well for us.

Thanks for sharing it with us.
Sharon
shaz, moving to oz can bring all sorts of problems. some you will sort out and some that will always be there.
i tend to think that most of them would be there in the uk too.
even homesickness (if you move from the area you grew up with)
the bit about trying to get our son on the visa was short. we went through what we thought was hell for months, but we didnt let it get to us (it did get yo our son though)
he was of the thinking that if we didnt get it, it would be his fault for our return to the uk. but we had a talk to him and settled him down
im glad it settled you, this is a big rollercoaster. for us though, its been worth it.
im just about to go out in my kayak for the first time. ill post some photos when i get back
Old Mar 15th 2007, 10:14 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

shaz, moving to oz can bring all sorts of problems. some you will sort out and some that will always be there.
i tend to think that most of them would be there in the uk too.
even homesickness (if you move from the area you grew up with)
the bit about trying to get our son on the visa was short. we went through what we thought was hell for months, but we didnt let it get to us (it did get yo our son though)
he was of the thinking that if we didnt get it, it would be his fault for our return to the uk. but we had a talk to him and settled him down
im glad it settled you, this is a big rollercoaster. for us though, its been worth it.
im just about to go out in my kayak for the first time. ill post some photos when i get back
have u got an underwater camera lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.