3 months in Tasmania

Old Jun 11th 2007, 11:40 am
BE Forum Addict

jerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud of
Smile Re: 3 months in Tasmania

Originally Posted by mashy
Well, we`ve been here in Tasmania for the last 3 months, and are lovin every minute!!!

We came here `blind` so to speak, having never visited Oz before and so didn`t know what to expect. After spending our first night in what can only be described as an extremely dodgy caravan park:scared: we moved on and began to explore our new surroundings. The weather was shite at first, but having lived in the UK for over 30yrs, we were used to crap weather

Within a week of arriving, we found a house to rent with views to die for, enrolled the girls in the local primary school, and hubby started work! The people we have so far met have been friendly and helpful. On our 3rd day, we asked someone for directions, got talking to him and he invited us to his house for a BBQ. Met some really nice people there, and had a fantastic time!!

We are going through the usual motions of missing family .......but not enough to want to go back

We`ve met up with quite a few BE` members who have been fantastic and only wish we`d made the move a lot sooner!

Heard quite a few people slagging Tasmania off, but one mans meat is another mans poison. Wouldn`t do for everyone to like all the same things as everyone else

For us, it`s perfect and we now regard it as home.

Sharon

Hello!!

I've read about your move with varied emotions!! We posted a few questions in this forum with regards to 'where to live?' and had fantastic response.

I still had a few niggles as my OH desperately wanted to go to Tassie and I wanted Melbourne or Perth (not city living though!) I only showed him your thread last night(i've been following it for a while!!) and I have to inform you that I do believe you've definitely solidified the decision in his brain that he wants to go to Tassie!!!
The prices in Perth are a worry and Tasmania looks like a more realistic option for us to be mortgage free (or close) as well as the stunning mountains,rivers etc... We are not emigrating just for better weather but for a better way of life and I just wondered if you could advise us of anywhere you have come across that we'd be better off avoiding, we want to settle in the Hobart Region and have seen some fab places but without going there we dont know if they are as nice as they seem!

Thanks
Zo x (arriving Sept)
Old Jun 16th 2007, 11:38 am
BE Forum Addict

jerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud of
Talking Re: 3 months in Tasmania

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR REPLY, IT'S SOOO USEFUL ,

THANKS SHARON

ZOE & GANG