3 Months in - NSW

Old Jan 7th 2007, 11:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 3 Months in - NSW

Originally Posted by m100
Hi Nikki

Your experience sounds very similar to ours, we arrived in October 06 and have also go a Hyundi, bit plasticy, but very nice drive!!

Life at the moment is certainly a rollercoster!

Where are you based? We are North Shore
hi

We are in the Hunter Valley. A couple of days ago we stayed at Mcmahons Point is this anywhere near you?
Old Jan 15th 2007, 6:08 pm
Just Joined

Michelle Hastings is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Nikki

Whereabouts in Sydney do you live? We have received our visa's today and plan to arrive in March. My husband has a job to go to in the City. Can you recommend any nice places to live within an hour's commute.

Any help would be mostly appreciated.

Enjoyed your thread by the way, very informative.

Michelle
Old Jan 15th 2007, 8:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Michelle Hastings
Hi Nikki

Whereabouts in Sydney do you live? We have received our visa's today and plan to arrive in March. My husband has a job to go to in the City. Can you recommend any nice places to live within an hour's commute.

Michelle
Hi Michelle

Many congrats on the visa! Glad the post was helpful.

We are not in Sydney, just like to visit as often as possible! We are 2 hours away in the Hunter Valley. probably just a bit too far out for you. If you post on the lifestyle forum I am sure people can advise better than me for places to live in close proximity to Sydney.

Any other questions you have, fire away I will be only to pleased to help.

Nikki
Old Jan 15th 2007, 10:11 pm
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Michelle Hastings
Hi Nikki

Michelle
Michelle, there's a huge move of people here to Glenbrook area, where lots of people then commute to Sydney.
This way you can have the mountains or the ocean in a short drive. The property is also brilliant value and much cheaper than living on the coast. Depends what you want of course, but do check it out.
Old Jan 15th 2007, 10:44 pm
Forum Regular

m100 has a spectacular aura aboutm100 has a spectacular aura aboutm100 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Nikki
hi

We are in the Hunter Valley. A couple of days ago we stayed at Mcmahons Point is this anywhere near you?

Hi

We are living in Hornsby at the moment, but plan to move nearer the city in the future, house rentals are sooo much more expensive though the nearer you get. Whats it like in Hunter Valley?
Old Jan 15th 2007, 10:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi

We are living in Hornsby at the moment, but plan to move nearer the city in the future, house rentals are sooo much more expensive though the nearer you get. Whats it like in Hunter Valley?
Cannot rate it highly enough! Fantastic beaches at Port Stephens 50 minutes away and the beautiful countryside of the Hunter 5 minutes away with fabulous restaurants and tons of things for us to do as a family. We are living in Cessnock which is only just shaking off the image it had of high unemployment and locals with a 3rd eye in the middle of the head!! Lol.

We are pleased to have settled here, picked up a block of land overlooking a vineyard for $160,000 and awaiting planning for our house to be built!

Sydney is just under 2 hours drive for when I need by 'big city fix'!!! I believe alot of Sydneysiders head to the Hunter as they can sell at a great price in the city and get alot for their money here.
Old Jan 19th 2007, 10:53 am
YES WE ARE NEW.....

dibbensteam is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, This was a really helpfull read My name is Tracey and we are moving over to sydney my husband john and our 2 children obi 8 years and elvi 4 years, we should arrive some time in April.... I dont know about you but i have been trying to find a rented place in manly but havent had much luck.
We have been thinking about staying in a hoilday appartment or even a family hostal for a few weeks so we can have a better look when we get there, What do you think? your help would be a great....
Old Jan 19th 2007, 11:48 am
Forum Regular

m100 has a spectacular aura aboutm100 has a spectacular aura aboutm100 has a spectacular aura about
Thumbs up Re: 3 Months in - NSW

Originally Posted by dibbensteam
Hi, This was a really helpfull read My name is Tracey and we are moving over to sydney my husband john and our 2 children obi 8 years and elvi 4 years, we should arrive some time in April.... I dont know about you but i have been trying to find a rented place in manly but havent had much luck.
We have been thinking about staying in a hoilday appartment or even a family hostal for a few weeks so we can have a better look when we get there, What do you think? your help would be a great....
Hi

What area will your husband be working in and how far is he willing to drive?
We used www.waterfront-apartments.com.au (short term furnished apartment rentals) when we first arrived, they were excellent!!
Old Jan 19th 2007, 12:03 pm
YES WE ARE NEW.....

dibbensteam is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

What area will your husband be working in and how far is he willing to drive?
We used www.waterfront-apartments.com.au (short term furnished apartment rentals) when we first arrived, they were excellent!!
Thanks for that i will look on there!!
He is looking around the city centre area,I was looking in manly to live but finding it really expensive.
Where are you guys?
How long have you been there?
speak soon Tracey
Old Jan 19th 2007, 11:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dibbensteam
Thanks for that i will look on there!!
He is looking around the city centre area,I was looking in manly to live but finding it really expensive.
Where are you guys?
How long have you been there?
speak soon Tracey
Hi Tracey,

Glad you found the post of some use, I know I read plenty of this type before I moved over and enjoyed reading them!

I am not in Sydney, so unable to help really, I tend to book apartments last minute to get the best deal and they are generally central for touring purposes. I have friends over in April looking to stay in Sydney for 2 weeks, so I will be doing some research, however, I am told that as the first 2 weeks are school holidays it is likely to be busy and expensive!!!

I will help if I can with any questions you may have.

Nikki
Old Jan 20th 2007, 12:28 am
Forum Regular

frances is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi'

Is that Nicki that I was talking to while we were in theUK Frances
Old Jan 20th 2007, 5:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by frances
Hi'

Is that Nicki that I was talking to while we were in theUK Frances
Hi Frances

I don't recall????? But my memory isn't the best!!!

I think Nikki is a popular name on here!!!!!

Nikki
Old Jan 20th 2007, 7:41 am
Forum Regular

Smile Re: 3 Months in - NSW

Hi again Nicki,

I had lost touch with a nicki that i had been talking to for ages and she was coming over in December, I just wanted to catch up with her as we were going to try and get in touch when we were both here , as we were originally going to Perth she wasn't sure what we were doing nor were we come to think of it. However we are here now and living on the Central Coast have you been down this way Frances
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 6:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by frances
Hi again Nicki,

I had lost touch with a nicki that i had been talking to for ages and she was coming over in December, I just wanted to catch up with her as we were going to try and get in touch when we were both here , as we were originally going to Perth she wasn't sure what we were doing nor were we come to think of it. However we are here now and living on the Central Coast have you been down this way Frances
Hi Frances

Have been to The Entrance when we were on holiday about 5 years ago, we spent a nice afternoon there. Other than that I have no experience of the Central Coast! There is a post of the Lifestyle Forum, someone is looking for info on the Job situation on the Central Coast, perhaps you could help them??

How long have you been in Australia and how are you settling?

Nikki
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 7:06 am
Forum Regular

Hi Nicki'

We have been here about 4 months and it takes time tosettle obviously meeting new friends etc. But you have to give it time how do i get into the lifestyle forum is it just on the bep site. It is lovely and preety here on the Central Coast and some lovely beaches and scenery the jobs are a bit scarce I have got one in a nursing home at the moment but not that great, it is completely different to what I normally do office work but it will do for now until I find a job. We went to the Entrance a few weeks ago and I liked it up there Frances

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.