Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Update Forum
Reload this Page >

3 months;could'nt hack it! back in Uk

3 months;could'nt hack it! back in Uk

Old Jun 5th 2007, 10:00 am
BE Enthusiast

thomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: 3 months;could'nt hack it! back in Uk

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
The only way to play that song by the Proclaimers is as loud as you can, you stomp your feet as hard as you can and you sing until you lose your voice.

Brilliant!
Now the thought of that at the end of a party night in scotland, when we all stand in a circle and thud like twats, is making me feel homesick, no wonder poeple think we are all crazy, lol, is a braw tune tho.

sj
Old Jun 5th 2007, 10:14 am
Banned

cufc has a brilliant futurecufc has a brilliant futurecufc has a brilliant futurecufc has a brilliant futurecufc has a brilliant futurecufc has a brilliant futurecufc has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
The only way to play that song by the Proclaimers is as loud as you can, you stomp your feet as hard as you can and you sing until you lose your voice.

Brilliant!
do all you scots people write in your accent!!!
Old Jun 5th 2007, 11:18 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cufc
do all you scots people write in your accent!!!
Im not Scottish but I do struggle to read the writing. I have to imagine a scottish person saying it to get it.

Old Jun 5th 2007, 11:35 am
BE Enthusiast

raven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by northernbird
I have met loads of people through expats. I would say if nobody has bothered to get in touch with you then it may be more to do with you than them
Didnt know we made personal attacks on be You dont even know me so to come out with such a comment is out of order
Old Jun 5th 2007, 11:39 am
BE Enthusiast

raven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by CathnPaul
oi matey!!! you better still be around for a brew though after we land!!! from an expat 'friend'.haha.
Dont worry the beer is already in the fridge always make a fellow Rochdalian very Welcome
See u soon have a great flight
Byron
Old Jun 7th 2007, 3:49 pm
why
BE Forum Addict

why has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by seasprite
well, I wont say too much, no point, see returning to Uk forum for more detail! I used to scorn people like me, but it was not worth getting ill about, so we came back. I am too English and we love it here! We could not have done more research, visits, lists and plans etc. The reality can be quite a shock and quite a dull one! Lovely place for hols, but not for us for a lifetime. (or even 6 months!), Would recommend keeping a property in Uk if you can. Try it, you wont know til you have. Good luck to all. Sorry bit brief, but bit p*****d! Everyone here was a great help,although a bit too positive! If your heart aches for home then come back!
hello where in dorset? i come from weymouth and live in adelaide, i too have gone back to uk and back here again. i think people expect too much from oz anyway. you did the right thing. i know people who hate it here and just stay and be miserable. there's no beating dorset!!!! shame you sold your house. may be tell more people how it is. at least you had the balls to give it a go. say hello to dorset!!!!
Old Jun 7th 2007, 7:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

seasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by why
hello where in dorset? i come from weymouth and live in adelaide, i too have gone back to uk and back here again. i think people expect too much from oz anyway. you did the right thing. i know people who hate it here and just stay and be miserable. there's no beating dorset!!!! shame you sold your house. may be tell more people how it is. at least you had the balls to give it a go. say hello to dorset!!!!
In Poole, but moving back home to Dorchester area asap! Must have been mad to go. Various reasons it wasn't right for us, never our dream, were v happy in Uk, etc, etc. Idiots eh!
Never mind, almost back to normal.
Yes, sad about house, really struggling with that one, keep driving past doesn't help! Ah well, has reinforced our love of the area and our lives and relationship.
Thanks for good wishes, I will have an icecream and a paddle for you when next in Weymouth.
Old Jun 30th 2007, 10:17 am
Just Joined

coxie has a brilliant futurecoxie has a brilliant futurecoxie has a brilliant futurecoxie has a brilliant futurecoxie has a brilliant futurecoxie has a brilliant futurecoxie has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by vik73
Hi,

I really am so jealous, we've only been here 2 months and already I want to go home, trouble is my husband doesn't feel the same and my kids are getting on really well too, and to top the lot i've just found out i'm pregnant so I really want my family and friends around me!
hey congrats on the bub.

I have lived on the sunny coast for 5 months so if you ever want to meet for a coffe and a chat let me know. I was homesick to but have managed to stick it out and now starting to enjoy what this country has to offfer.

Tacke it easy jackie
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 6:36 am

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Brewerboy1
Fair enough, funnily I find Australia very English, I don't buy into the Idea that the UK and Oz are completely different.
You know there are more English parts of OZ like Tasmania or THe Southern highlands etc.
We are the only british expats where we live, the only other expat we've met is a dutch bloke his wife is an aussie.

scenically Tas looks like Britain but culturally where we are its nothing like it.

The main thing we've noticed where we are there is no class distinction, there are millionaires down the pub drinking with scallop spliters, everyone seems to have got a fantastic sense of humour yes they take the piss out of us but love it when they get it back, its just been a real eyeopener, a sense of real community spirit