Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Update Forum
Reload this Page >

3 Month Update - Wowzers !!!

3 Month Update - Wowzers !!!

Old Jul 19th 2009, 5:54 am
Forum Regular

BarcaFan has a brilliant futureBarcaFan has a brilliant futureBarcaFan has a brilliant futureBarcaFan has a brilliant futureBarcaFan has a brilliant futureBarcaFan has a brilliant future
Post 3 Month Update - Wowzers !!!

Hi All

We left the UK on August 20th (without previously visiting Oz) and the flight here was okay (Emirates) - Great on board entertainment but if they could have done something about the length of the journey (maybe a teleportation device), that would have been greatly appreciated !

During the flight I had plenty of time to think : "WHAT THE HELL HAVE I DONE"

We were well settled in the UK and had great friends, family, etc so what was I thinking ? I was truly scared ! To actually realise that you are shifting the entire unit, is quite a wall, that everyone will hit sooner or later, I think.

We had the house and school sorted before we left the UK and had a few arguments with regards to the property I had chosen to rent - This is a good note for all considering renting from the UK - Make sure you are both in agreement !!!

The first few weeks in Oz were a blur of activity from sorting out all the necessary documentation, medicare, insurance, phones, etc.....

This initial stage took approx 2 weeks, during which time we were walking on the beach every day and spending loads of time together - I feel it is important to do this, as it balances the "hectic" stuff - ie - The hectic stuff doesn't seem so hectic ! One point to note - Australian Bureaucracy is INCREDIBLE !!

We have made some great friends and haven't got a bad thing to say about our Oz experience so far - Apart from all the bureaucracy ! We are staying in Caloundra and the people (from all walks of life) have been fantastic, warm and welcoming !!! We LOVE this place and feel that we are truly blessed to have been given this opportunity !

To all considering the move - For us (EMPHASIS) - This was the best move we have made - I know it has only been 3 months, but we are just so much more relaxed, together, laughing, talking and generally meeting new people every day !!

This is what we wanted from life - To be Happy !!!

To be continued..............
Old Jul 19th 2009, 10:12 am
BE Enthusiast

lyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant future
Default Re: 3 Month Update - Wowzers !!!

thats great... cant wait to hear more...
Old Jul 19th 2009, 10:31 am
Forum Regular

BarcaFan has a brilliant futureBarcaFan has a brilliant futureBarcaFan has a brilliant futureBarcaFan has a brilliant futureBarcaFan has a brilliant futureBarcaFan has a brilliant future
Post Re: 3 Month Update - Wowzers !!!

Hi all - Slight mis-type - We arrived April 20th 2009 !

Till next time........
Old Jul 19th 2009, 12:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by BarcaFan

Till next time........
Enjoyed update, we arrived 9th April it's gone so quickly when you look back
Old Jul 19th 2009, 7:40 pm
Grace and gratitude

pommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond repute

Till next time........
Great to hear you are settling into Oz and even better to see a fellow Barca fan online!! They are one fantastic team - we were in Barcelona the night they won the Champion's league!! What a night! Footie is like a religion in Barcelona - as for their stadium (Camp Nou) - amazing!!

Anyway as you were back to your oz update...................
Old Jul 20th 2009, 5:11 pm
blondie

BB and LG will become famous soon enough

Hi All

We left the UK on August 20th (without previously visiting Oz) and the flight here was okay (Emirates) - Great on board entertainment but if they could have done something about the length of the journey (maybe a teleportation device), that would have been greatly appreciated !

During the flight I had plenty of time to think : "WHAT THE HELL HAVE I DONE"

We were well settled in the UK and had great friends, family, etc so what was I thinking ? I was truly scared ! To actually realise that you are shifting the entire unit, is quite a wall, that everyone will hit sooner or later, I think.

We had the house and school sorted before we left the UK and had a few arguments with regards to the property I had chosen to rent - This is a good note for all considering renting from the UK - Make sure you are both in agreement !!!

The first few weeks in Oz were a blur of activity from sorting out all the necessary documentation, medicare, insurance, phones, etc.....

This initial stage took approx 2 weeks, during which time we were walking on the beach every day and spending loads of time together - I feel it is important to do this, as it balances the "hectic" stuff - ie - The hectic stuff doesn't seem so hectic ! One point to note - Australian Bureaucracy is INCREDIBLE !!

We have made some great friends and haven't got a bad thing to say about our Oz experience so far - Apart from all the bureaucracy ! We are staying in Caloundra and the people (from all walks of life) have been fantastic, warm and welcoming !!! We LOVE this place and feel that we are truly blessed to have been given this opportunity !

To all considering the move - For us (EMPHASIS) - This was the best move we have made - I know it has only been 3 months, but we are just so much more relaxed, together, laughing, talking and generally meeting new people every day !!

This is what we wanted from life - To be Happy !!!

To be continued..............
Wow, great post. Hoping to move out from Eng next year (late 2010) to Sunshine Coast. Will look forward to your updates - visited Caloundra Nov 2007 and loved it. Enjoy.