2nd Year on Gold Coast

Old Oct 6th 2007, 7:37 am
Work to Live!

brido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: 2nd Year on Gold Coast

Great post Carbery,glad to hear the business is going well and that you have settled well.I agree with you on the aussie sense of humour,they are nice enough but its good to get together with like minded people from back home as well.
You cant beat the weather here too.
Old Oct 8th 2007, 12:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

floweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to behold

Fantastic post, great to read someone else is settling so well on the GC, hope your business and life keep flourishing, and its so true what you said about giving it at least 2 years! although we did know from day 1 that we had made the right choice in coming to Oz long may it continue

Lisa
Old Oct 13th 2007, 1:37 am
Decreased member

Carbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by floweroscotland
Fantastic post, great to read someone else is settling so well on the GC, hope your business and life keep flourishing, and its so true what you said about giving it at least 2 years! although we did know from day 1 that we had made the right choice in coming to Oz long may it continue

Lisa
QUOTE=brido;5392509]Great post Carbery,glad to hear the business is going well and that you have settled well.I agree with you on the aussie sense of humour,they are nice enough but its good to get together with like minded people from back home as well.
You cant beat the weather here too. [/QUOTE]

Thanks for that. I have met so many Scots in my shop its amazing, from a man who has been in Aus for 52 years and although he has been here for most of his life he still talks to us about phoning family 'back home' and has a broad Scottish accent! to others that like us have only been here a couple of years. Do you think there will be many left in Scotland soon?
Old Oct 15th 2007, 2:58 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Carbery
On 4th October we celebrate our 2nd year in SE Queensland, .
what a great post guys. i just loved reading it. i just now you guys know what you want out of this place on your on the right road.

good luck and hope to see you again soon

soapy
Old Oct 20th 2007, 1:49 am
Decreased member

Carbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by soapy
what a great post guys. i just loved reading it. i just now you guys know what you want out of this place on your on the right road.

good luck and hope to see you again soon

soapy
Thank you. As I mentioned before meet ups are a good way of getting to talk to people in the same situation as yourself. I think I might recommend some sort of gong for you in the Queens New Year Honours for your services to the expat community in arranging meet -ups!
Old Oct 20th 2007, 6:38 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Carbery
Thank you. As I mentioned before meet ups are a good way of getting to talk to people in the same situation as yourself. I think I might recommend some sort of gong for you in the Queens New Year Honours for your services to the expat community in arranging meet -ups!
yeh i heard its called HANGING
Old Oct 29th 2007, 5:44 am
ab uno disce omnes

PJMA is just really nicePJMA is just really nicePJMA is just really nicePJMA is just really nicePJMA is just really nicePJMA is just really nicePJMA is just really nicePJMA is just really nicePJMA is just really nicePJMA is just really nice

Nice to hear how things are doing carbery, and you guys sound like you are doing very well. We're planning on heading to GC early next year so hope to bump into you at some point. So the 2 year rule worked for you, but did you just know from the start that you had done the right thing and were in the right place?

All the best for continued success.
Paul