Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Update Forum
Reload this Page >

2 years and 8 months.........where has the time gone!

2 years and 8 months.........where has the time gone!

Old Sep 9th 2007, 9:52 am
BE Forum Addict

mand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond repute
Default 2 years and 8 months.........where has the time gone!

We arrived in January 2005 and initially me and our youngest daughter were incredibly homesick. I think it had more to do with the fact that only half of us came. My husband and one daughter stayed in the UK (long story!) and the other daughter was in France. We figured that we were making a short term sacrifice for a long term gain, and how right I was.
We finally built our house this year and have been living in it for 6 months now. Our second daughter has just got married to an Aussie bloke, my husband and one daughter now live here and the last one arrives from France in November. Once more we will all be together.
I can't believe we have been here so long now. Got our citizenship interview this week (well some of us, lol, the others are going to have to do the test) and we can't wait to become Australian citizens.
Australia has given us so many more opportunities than would have been available in the UK and we feel incredibly lucky to be living in such a great place. At this moment, life could not be better.

Amanda
Old Sep 9th 2007, 10:08 am
BE Forum Addict

camacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nice
Default Re: 2 years and 8 months.........where has the time gone!

Originally Posted by mand8002
We arrived in January 2005 and initially me and our youngest daughter were incredibly homesick. I think it had more to do with the fact that only half of us came. My husband and one daughter stayed in the UK (long story!) and the other daughter was in France. We figured that we were making a short term sacrifice for a long term gain, and how right I was.
We finally built our house this year and have been living in it for 6 months now. Our second daughter has just got married to an Aussie bloke, my husband and one daughter now live here and the last one arrives from France in November. Once more we will all be together.
I can't believe we have been here so long now. Got our citizenship interview this week (well some of us, lol, the others are going to have to do the test) and we can't wait to become Australian citizens.
Australia has given us so many more opportunities than would have been available in the UK and we feel incredibly lucky to be living in such a great place. At this moment, life could not be better.

Amanda
good to hear it

where abouts r u ?
Old Sep 9th 2007, 10:37 am
BE Forum Addict

mand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by camacazi
good to hear it

where abouts r u ?
We are in Wellington Point which is a suburb of Brisbane
Old Sep 9th 2007, 8:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

mad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to behold

congratulations on becoming an Aussie may you continue to enjoy your life down under hears to the next 2 years
Old Sep 10th 2007, 4:04 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Well done. Must be exciting to have everyone back together again.
Old Sep 10th 2007, 4:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Well done. Must be exciting to have everyone back together again.
It sure is!!. People in England were so narrow minded that they thought I was crazy to split the family in half. They could not see that I was securing them what we thought was a better quality of life. I know I was right, I won't deny it has been hard, but it will all have been worth it. My children and husband are so thankful that I had the determination to follow the dream.
Old Sep 10th 2007, 11:06 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

gosh have you been in aus that long!!???

time has certainly flown!

congratualtions on the citizenship thingy ....

sue x
Old Sep 10th 2007, 8:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by tiredwithtwins
gosh have you been in aus that long!!???

time has certainly flown!

congratualtions on the citizenship thingy ....

sue x
Yeah, I can't believe where the time has gone. It certainly feels like home. Interview on Thursday for citizenship. Just need to learn my responsibilities and priveleges now!!

Amanda