2 weeks in Melbourne

Old Nov 17th 2010, 4:00 am
Forum Regular

welshdragon2010 is just really nicewelshdragon2010 is just really nicewelshdragon2010 is just really nicewelshdragon2010 is just really nicewelshdragon2010 is just really nicewelshdragon2010 is just really nicewelshdragon2010 is just really nicewelshdragon2010 is just really nicewelshdragon2010 is just really nice
Default 2 weeks in Melbourne

thought I'd do a quick update.......
left the UK on halloween, cant stand it anyway (halloween) didn't mind not being at home that night with trick or treat,but having to leave all my family at heathrow, well that's something else. OH already gone, so had to do it all on my own. Had a good flight over, bought the exit row seat. Landed in Melbourne 10pm on the Monday night, to find it was bank hol the next day.

Found a rental, having keys today, Pickfords have phoned to say goods have passed customes, so just need to sort out a day to have it delivered to our new home. Found a car on the weekend, sorting out everything this week, and should have it on weekend.

Been to quarintine to see the dog a few times.he'll have done his sentence by week Friday.

My employers in the UK send emails to the Austalian part of the same group, so once I've sorted everything out, hse, dog etc, I need to set up a meeting and hope that they can offer me a job.

Well that's my 1st 2 weeks in Melbourne so far.

Hayley
Old Nov 17th 2010, 4:57 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2 weeks in Melbourne

Originally Posted by welshdragon2010
thought I'd do a quick update.......
left the UK on halloween, cant stand it anyway (halloween) didn't mind not being at home that night with trick or treat,but having to leave all my family at heathrow, well that's something else. OH already gone, so had to do it all on my own. Had a good flight over, bought the exit row seat. Landed in Melbourne 10pm on the Monday night, to find it was bank hol the next day.

Found a rental, having keys today, Pickfords have phoned to say goods have passed customes, so just need to sort out a day to have it delivered to our new home. Found a car on the weekend, sorting out everything this week, and should have it on weekend.

Been to quarintine to see the dog a few times.he'll have done his sentence by week Friday.

My employers in the UK send emails to the Austalian part of the same group, so once I've sorted everything out, hse, dog etc, I need to set up a meeting and hope that they can offer me a job.

Well that's my 1st 2 weeks in Melbourne so far.

Hayley
You're part of an elite club, several of us have flown over on Hallowe'én, best night to fly with all those witches looking out for you

Glad its going well so far
Old Nov 17th 2010, 8:25 am
Going for a ride

furkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond repute

It looks like its all nicely falling into place very quickly.

Hope you are enjoying it so far.

I looked at next weeks temps for Melbourne, and you get your first taste of up & down Vic weather.

20 today, forecasting 36 by next week

Good luck with the job
Old Nov 17th 2010, 12:16 pm
ROK
Just Joined

ROK is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey- welcome to Melbourne!

I hope you have enjoyed your first few weeks!

Pls give us a shout if any questions- you'll have a blast!

Ricky
Old Nov 17th 2010, 1:23 pm
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like you've arrived at a goodish time, weatherwise anyway. Watch out though, nights are still cold even with 30 odd in the day.

I think the advice for Melbourne at any time of year is, if you are going out in the evening, always carry a jumper.

You'll love it, I'm sure. Good luck.
Old Nov 17th 2010, 1:59 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alistairboyle
Looks like you've arrived at a goodish time, weatherwise anyway. Watch out though, nights are still cold even with 30 odd in the day.

I think the advice for Melbourne at any time of year is, if you are going out in the evening, always carry a jumper.

You'll love it, I'm sure. Good luck.
I will thanks old timer