Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Update Forum
Reload this Page >

2 weeks on the Gold Coast

2 weeks on the Gold Coast

Old Jan 28th 2008, 3:03 pm
Forum Regular

Location: herts-sydney-herts-manchester...next stop mornington peninsula?
mandoz will become famous soon enoughmandoz will become famous soon enough
Default Re: 2 weeks on the Gold Coast

scrawni,

Good luck with your move.

I am going to be cheeky now and ask what salary your oH was offered. Im fairly sure it was you who's oh was a plumber?
Also is he on provisional licence?

Sorry if I got this info wrong.

Looks like he got work pretty quick anyway.
Hope you get your cat back soon! Im sure she will be fine especially once she is back where she belongs.
Old Jan 28th 2008, 9:45 pm

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

Good to hear from you, Good luck with getting everything.

Sorry would have been happy to take some meat for your cat but am off back to UK

I hope the cat continues to improve.

Take care hope that the rest goes smoothly for you
Old Jan 29th 2008, 10:16 am
BE Enthusiast

sophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Scrawni 2
Hi there, we are all still good. Currently using the internet in Helensvale Shopping Centre

Been very busy still looking for a house, although we loved the sunshine coast, the job wasn't what my husband wanted and the jobs seems very scarce for him so we are back down on the gold coast. He is going to take a job offered here.

Spoke to the vets and Maddie's injury seem to be healing well. I am going to ring again tomorrow.

Gotta go, internet about to run out, grrrrr, :curse:

Mandy
Hi Mandy its awful when you are so far away and know your pet is fretting I hope it recovers soon it wontbe long before we see ours again they arrive in cairns on the 8th feb all being well they are at eastern creek aswell. Weve managed to finally get a rental house more expensive than we wanted to pay but it has a pool for the kids we offered 6 month rent up front cause when they know you have pets they are not keen.All the best hope it goes well theres always cairns if not!!
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 11:51 am

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there, we are all still good. Currently using the internet in Helensvale Shopping Centre
Ooh you could've been sitting next to me! I have lived on those internet machines in Helensvale until I got connected yesterday at home

If you're over this way again give me a shout you can pop in for coffee
Old Feb 17th 2008, 8:31 pm
Forum Regular

Gallaghers has a brilliant futureGallaghers has a brilliant futureGallaghers has a brilliant futureGallaghers has a brilliant futureGallaghers has a brilliant futureGallaghers has a brilliant futureGallaghers has a brilliant future

HI mandy and ian

its good to hear about the gold coast hopefully heading out there soon as well just need to sell the house sorry to hear about your cat glad to hear he,s getting better.Our problem is were to head for when we get there we have 2 kids 8 year old girl and boy of 2 .So when every think slows down and get sorted with jobs you might have a good idea and let us no about the places you have been or recommend.

good luck for future

daz
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 8:34 pm
Forum Regular

goingau is just really nicegoingau is just really nicegoingau is just really nicegoingau is just really nicegoingau is just really nicegoingau is just really nicegoingau is just really nicegoingau is just really nicegoingau is just really nicegoingau is just really nicegoingau is just really nice

Ooh you could've been sitting next to me! I have lived on those internet machines in Helensvale until I got connected yesterday at home

i may have walked past you, i used them alot last time i was here to book days out and hotels. their so useful.

hi buy the way
Old Feb 29th 2008, 11:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Scrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond repute

Hello all,

Back in Helensvale shopping mall as we still havent got internet:curse: The house phone went on yesterday (so I will phone you Gill). OH is sat next to me check internet out now.l

All is good, Ian's working and our son's at school. Daughter is talking about returning to the UK after Easter but we were expecting it so we are prepared for it, we sort of.

I have made a few friends, all seem to be Kiwi's (alot of them moving here). We are going away for easter to NSW with a group of 3 families, renting a large house on the beach,going fishing etc.

Almost 2 months in and I can say we are all good. We should get our furniture next week we hope, I can't wait to get all the things which are familiar to us (and our bed).

The cat is now fine, eating normally and back to her old self. Popped into the vets it cost $40 for a 3month course of Front Line (but she said nothing can be a 100% foolproof against ticks - and you have to use front line every 2weeks for better protection. I do wonder if all this stuff will have long term effects on her overall heath.

Gotta go. I will ring everyone promise you'll soon wish you hadn't given me your phone numbers!

Speak soon,

Mandy
Old Mar 1st 2008, 7:44 am
Forum Regular

melaniepittam is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Mandy and Ian,

Really good to see how well you're getting on. (I have missed your posts)!

Look forward to hearing about Brisbane compared to Cairns.

Keep up the good work.

Melanie x
Old Mar 1st 2008, 11:13 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Hello all,

Back in Helensvale shopping mall as we still havent got internet:curse: The house phone went on yesterday (so I will phone you Gill). OH is sat next to me check internet out now.l

All is good, Ian's working and our son's at school. Daughter is talking about returning to the UK after Easter but we were expecting it so we are prepared for it, we sort of.

I have made a few friends, all seem to be Kiwi's (alot of them moving here). We are going away for easter to NSW with a group of 3 families, renting a large house on the beach,going fishing etc.

Almost 2 months in and I can say we are all good. We should get our furniture next week we hope, I can't wait to get all the things which are familiar to us (and our bed).

The cat is now fine, eating normally and back to her old self. Popped into the vets it cost $40 for a 3month course of Front Line (but she said nothing can be a 100% foolproof against ticks - and you have to use front line every 2weeks for better protection. I do wonder if all this stuff will have long term effects on her overall heath.

Gotta go. I will ring everyone promise you'll soon wish you hadn't given me your phone numbers!

Speak soon,

Mandy
sounds like your getting there. shame about your daughter, she might change her mind the longer shes here i hope.
enjoy your first aussie holiday and good luck with everything
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 12:51 pm
Forum Regular

Lee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud of

Cant wait till Im doing my two week post from the GC
Lee
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 3:27 pm
Forum Regular

jdraper has much to be proud ofjdraper has much to be proud ofjdraper has much to be proud ofjdraper has much to be proud ofjdraper has much to be proud ofjdraper has much to be proud ofjdraper has much to be proud ofjdraper has much to be proud ofjdraper has much to be proud ofjdraper has much to be proud ofjdraper has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Lee&Jade
Cant wait till Im doing my two week post from the GC
Lee
Me too!!!

Jo
x