British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Update Forum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/update-forum-107/)
-   -   2 weeks in! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/update-forum-107/2-weeks-474261/)

Bexie Aug 15th 2007 12:33 pm

2 weeks in!

Hi all! Bexie here! Have just a few moments for a quick update, will write in more detail when things have calmed down a bit. Have a rental in Patterson lakes. Like what we see so far! Have done so much in 1st 2 weeks! Kids in school, tons of admin done like driving licences, medicare etc. Would have been daunting, but everyone is so helpful! And efficient. I got a teaching job within the 1st week of being here. Still feel a bit in Limbo, but know we have made the right decision. Children are happy (16 yr old returns to UK next week to complete a levels) I will be so cut up when that happens! Just wanted to say to all who have yet to make the big move - go for it. It is still an emotional roller coaster, but one that I would choose to ride again and again! Will upload piccies and give more detail at a later stage!!
Bex
:thumbsup::)

the4ofus Aug 15th 2007 1:39 pm

Re: 2 weeks in!

Glad you are settling, love to hear peoples updates.

Keep enjoying :thumbsup:

Lynn xx

somme Aug 15th 2007 2:30 pm

Originally Posted by Bexie (Post 5192017)
Hi all! Bexie here! Have just a few moments for a quick update, will write in more detail when things have calmed down a bit. Have a rental in Patterson lakes. Like what we see so far! Have done so much in 1st 2 weeks! Kids in school, tons of admin done like driving licences, medicare etc. Would have been daunting, but everyone is so helpful! And efficient. I got a teaching job within the 1st week of being here. Still feel a bit in Limbo, but know we have made the right decision. Children are happy (16 yr old returns to UK next week to complete a levels) I will be so cut up when that happens! Just wanted to say to all who have yet to make the big move - go for it. It is still an emotional roller coaster, but one that I would choose to ride again and again! Will upload piccies and give more detail at a later stage!!
Bex

I was just feeling a bit wobbly as only received the visa's on 23 July, this post has made me feel more posative thanks for that, love to hear more.

curly Aug 15th 2007 3:37 pm

Bex

Lovely to hear all's going well, glad you're settling in, look forward to hearing more when you have time :D

Little miss reub Aug 15th 2007 5:03 pm

Glad you are enjoying it. Keep us updated like to read peoples updates:thumbup:

Scott Aug 15th 2007 5:09 pm

A nice post , pleased you are finding that you like it :thumbsup:

kezzabird Aug 15th 2007 7:18 pm

Hi Bexie

Gosh has it been 2 weeks already?!

Glad you're settling in well. Sounds like everything has fallen into place nicely so far. I will look forward to reading your lengthy update soon.

shazza Aug 15th 2007 7:29 pm

Bex

hi bex
so glad to hear it is all working out and your getting organised really quickly,:)can i just ask(hope you dont mind)why cant your son finish school in oz?im hoping to travel with 16yr old son also in september and was planning on him doing yr11 and 12 in oz. would love to hear your view on the education system incase im missing something cos i want whats best for him to
thanks sharon x