2 Months and beyond!

Old Jul 3rd 2007, 11:08 pm
Forum Regular

BIDERCLAN is just really niceBIDERCLAN is just really niceBIDERCLAN is just really niceBIDERCLAN is just really niceBIDERCLAN is just really niceBIDERCLAN is just really niceBIDERCLAN is just really niceBIDERCLAN is just really nice
Default 2 Months and beyond!

Mod note - I have edited this post and added it to your next one. Hope this helps.

Last edited by Buzzy--Bee; Jul 5th 2007 at 8:11 pm.
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 11:27 pm
Forum Regular

BIDERCLAN is just really niceBIDERCLAN is just really niceBIDERCLAN is just really niceBIDERCLAN is just really niceBIDERCLAN is just really niceBIDERCLAN is just really niceBIDERCLAN is just really niceBIDERCLAN is just really nice
Default Re: 2 Months and beyond!

Hi

Just thought Id update on progress so far.........

Well it certainly has been an eventuful 2 months, full of ups and downs. I know you expect this, but the contrast between the ups and downs is quite extreme-for me at least!

The ups (just to name a few) - The beaches
The views
Th Weather (even thought it is winter and raining)
The wildlife
The social Life
The cafes &Restuarants
The City (Melbourne)
The atmosphere
Always something to do
The feeling of freedom
The lack of CCTV
Seen wild Pelicons
No micro chips in wheelie bins!
Far less PC - I find this refreshing
The politicians/politics are hilarious!

The downs- Being here ahead of the rest of the family
Terrible homesickness occassionally attacks
Not been able to share with family
That "ungrounded feeling"
Not having my own home yet
Worrying about the kids schooling
Adjusting to changed work place

Overall, as I have just realised the positives out weight the negatives. I think that I did underestimate the effect of comming ahead of the rest of the family. This has been really hard - still not sure when they are arriving - having problems selling the house. On 2 occasions was in the process of booking a flight home! Anyway, I didn't and am glad that I stayed.

It is difficult to write these threads when you know how it feels to be still in the UK and reading other peoples experiences. I still remind myself why we felt this was the right thing for us as a family and it still rings true. Everyones experience will be different - but overall I am pleased that I took the plunge!

Debbie

Last edited by Buzzy--Bee; Jul 5th 2007 at 8:07 pm. Reason: mended post
Old Jul 4th 2007, 8:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Bishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by BIDERCLAN
Don't know what happend there - saved the thread before I had even got going?

Anyway, the ups - The beaches
The views
The wildlife
The social Life
The cafes &Restuarants
The City (Melbourne)
The atmosphere
Always something to do
The feeling of freedom
The lack of CCTV
Seen wild Pelicons

Overall, as I have just realised the positives out weight the negatives. I think that I did underestimate the effect of comming ahead of the rest of the family. This has been really hard - still not sure when they are arriving - having problems selling the house. On 2 occasions was in the process of booking a flight home! Anyway, I didn't and am glad that I stayed.

It is difficult to write these threads when you know how it feels to be still in the UK and reading other peoples experiences. I still remind myself why we felt this was the right thing for us as a family and it still rings true. Everyones experience will be different - but overall I am pleased that I took the plunge!

Debbie
Cool post. Glad its going ok for you, it wont be long and your family will be out with you. Keep your chin up and just think you get to check out all the areas first so that you can give them a guided tour of all the best places when they do finally arrive to be with you. Good luck for the future and keep us posted, I love reading other peoples updates!
Old Jul 4th 2007, 9:03 am
BE Enthusiast

midwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of light

Great post

Its nice to read the positives even though your missing your family, keep focused on them (the positives!) and I hope your family arrive soon, think of the hugs your going to get when they do
Old Jul 5th 2007, 6:01 am
Forum Regular

Thanxs for the moral support - I also hope it helps others still waiting!!!!!
Old Jul 5th 2007, 6:04 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Hi

Well it certainly has been an eventuful 2 months, full of ups and downs. I know you expect this, but the contrast between the ups and downs is quite extreme-for me at least!

Where abouts are you?
Old Jul 5th 2007, 6:44 am

Issie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
Where abouts are you?
Great post....hopefully the negatives will get easier to deal with in time
Old Jul 5th 2007, 6:45 am

Issie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
Where abouts are you?
I think Melbourne.
Old Jul 5th 2007, 7:56 am
BE Forum Addict

TeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud of

Great post. Glad everything is going OK and its great to see that the positives outweigh the negatives.
Old Jul 5th 2007, 9:44 am
UK to Brissy - August 07

smoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nice

So hard, I feel for you. My Oh left last year leaving me, 2 kids a dog and a house to sell. It was a hard year 2006 and to be honest he did return. We went through 2 house sales until we were in a position to leave the UK. We have been lucky enough to have another shot at it and our 457 visa came through yesterday. We're renting so we'll be off in about 4-5 weeks.

It was the hardest time, wishing you loads of luck with the house sale.

Don't know if this helps but I contacted the local gazette about our situation and they came and did a full piece on us and phot shoot of the house and put it in there property section. HOUSE SALE WITH A STORY THAT PULLED AT THE HEART STRINGS. It did'nt cost us a thing, worth a try, it got us a buyer, she came knocking at our door.

Keep your chin up & good luck.
Old Jul 5th 2007, 10:35 am

cinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Bishop3912
Cool post. Glad its going ok for you, it wont be long and your family will be out with you. Keep your chin up and just think you get to check out all the areas first so that you can give them a guided tour of all the best places when they do finally arrive to be with you. Good luck for the future and keep us posted, I love reading other peoples updates!
Hope you are not on your own for too much longer. Don't think I could have done what you have. When do you think the rest of your family will be with you?
Old Jul 5th 2007, 11:14 pm
Forum Regular

Hi
Thanxs for the replies - and the suggestions (Smoggieswilltravel!) will give this ago - it is funny cos local TV station had already contacted us, but I was a little reluctant to publicise out situation, maybe I will re think.

I am in Melbourne, for those who asked, I am sure that there is a way aroung the house sale issue - just not thought of it yet?

Debbie B

Old Jul 6th 2007, 2:16 am
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
Thanxs for the replies - and the suggestions (Smoggieswilltravel!) will give this ago - it is funny cos local TV station had already contacted us, but I was a little reluctant to publicise out situation, maybe I will re think.

I am in Melbourne, for those who asked, I am sure that there is a way aroung the house sale issue - just not thought of it yet?

Debbie B

Where in Melbourne? We are having a curry night soon.
Old Jul 10th 2007, 2:12 am
Forum Regular

Hi
I am in Kew - living on site at my workplace until rest of family join me

Debbie
Old Jul 10th 2007, 4:06 am
BE Forum Addict

framac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

The views
The wildlife
The social Life
The cafes &Restuarants
The City (Melbourne)
The atmosphere
Always something to do
The feeling of freedom
The lack of CCTV
Seen wild Pelicons

Debbie
Debbie, before you know it, you'll all be one family again and like me you'll be lovin it, lovin it, lovin it. Stay tall Debbie, it wont be long

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.