British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Update Forum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/update-forum-107/)
-   -   2&1/2 year happy suprise ! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/update-forum-107/2-1-2-year-happy-suprise-446573/)

Tass May 2nd 2007 2:13 am

2&1/2 year happy suprise !

G'day mates ! How are ya ?:D
For those of you who know or remember me,this will come as a suprise.
Finally, after 2 and a half years, I like living in Australia !!:thumbsup:
We have our moments but have reached the stage where I can't imagine living back home again.
so , quick update. We arrived in Sydney for the first time ever in Australia on 3rd Novemebr 2004. no house , no jobs, 2 kids, 8 suitcases and 10 boxes.10,000GBP to our name.On 29 th September 2006, we bought and moved into our first Aussie home. a modest 3 bedroom house, but has lovely 18ft in ground swimming pool and large yard.We have 2 newish cars, a boat, a dog and a tent.many friends and a great socail life.I am working part time in local ED as a Advanced Clinical Nurse and my husband is now Nurse Unit Manager.Our kids are settled in lovely local public school and on Monday , we finally achieved the Aussie dream and became dual nationals. We are now fully integrated SCOSSIE'S !!!!:eek:
For those of you who think it's all so impossible, think again. You can do it. it's hard work and will bring a lot of heartache but you will reach a place one day in your own time ,and it will probably sneak up on you ,when you realise that things couldn't really get better, This is it and it makes me smile !
Thanks to all my friends on ex-pats for all the support you have given us - Nikkers, Phil, Jayne, Hels,bordie, soapy, bIX, pOLLYANNA , Jez,THE list goes on, you may have just posted a reply once but it helped in every little way.
ALL THE BEST TO YOU ALL.
Here's to "LIVING THE DREAM !!!":beer: :beer: :beer:
Tass.X X X

framac May 2nd 2007 5:09 am

Re: 2&1/2 year happy suprise !

Well done on your 2&1/2 years its amazing what you can achieve when you put your mind to it, hope your next 2&1/2 are just as rewarding. All the best ang(framacs wife)

Tass May 2nd 2007 5:37 am

Originally Posted by framac (Post 4726298)
Well done on your 2&1/2 years its amazing what you can achieve when you put your mind to it, hope your next 2&1/2 are just as rewarding. All the best ang(framacs wife)

Thanks Ang, that really means a lot to me coming from you. I had posted this morning as I felt very proud of ourselves and wanted to share some happy , positive news (i have been very negative about our stay here until now) and then I read your post.I truly wish you , Francis and the kids all the best that life has to offer you, you deserve it.As a weegie myself, I can imagine the rollercoaster ride you will have to make on your return but as you said, you'll be with your family.
With much love to you all. Tass. x

framac May 2nd 2007 6:30 am

Cheers Tass, so glad you and your family are now finally making this your home,dont think anyone reilises how bloody hard it is, so when you get to where your happy and some what settled give yourself a pat on the back cause you deserve it, just think when me and mine are back in sunny glasgow, you keep going because your living our dream!!

Tass May 2nd 2007 7:40 am

Originally Posted by framac (Post 4726466)
Cheers Tass, so glad you and your family are now finally making this your home,dont think anyone reilises how bloody hard it is, so when you get to where your happy and some what settled give yourself a pat on the back cause you deserve it, just think when me and mine are back in sunny glasgow, you keep going because your living our dream!!

Thanks Ang. Had been biting my lip , trying to stop the emotion spilling over whilst reading your post. It's something all ex-pats dread ! But after your above post, I have a tear in my eye and know that we will suceed because of all your good wishes !
Will definately keep you in mind when we're in oor pool and you're looking out o'er Finnieston Crane !
Stay in touch.
Tass.x x x

framac May 2nd 2007 8:52 am

Originally Posted by Tass (Post 4726654)
Thanks Ang. Had been biting my lip , trying to stop the emotion spilling over whilst reading your post. It's something all ex-pats dread ! But after your above post, I have a tear in my eye and know that we will suceed because of all your good wishes !
Will definately keep you in mind when we're in oor pool and you're looking out o'er Finnieston Crane !
Stay in touch.
Tass.x x x

Framac worked in Govan shipyard. He says hes seen enough cranes to last a lifetime. He says the place is a midden and he hopes he doesn't ever huv to go back there.:thumbdown:

framac May 2nd 2007 10:08 am

angie says: at least at christmas they put lights on the crane,,,so you can dream and think you:re in Paris and its the effiel tower.So stick yer pool !!

tiredwithtwins May 2nd 2007 12:37 pm

OOOO!!!!

hiya tass!! blimey, a blast from the past!!
i cant beleive youve been there 2 1/2 yrs!!
lovely to hear your update ... often wondered how you were getting on :D
take care .. heres to the next 2 1/2 yrs!!
sue xx
:beer:

harveyhare May 2nd 2007 2:59 pm

About bloody time :lol:

Seriously, very pleased for you, glad you stuck it out.

Di

harveyhare May 2nd 2007 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by tiredwithtwins (Post 4727696)
OOOO!!!!

hiya tass!! blimey, a blast from the past!!
i cant beleive youve been there 2 1/2 yrs!!
lovely to hear your update ... often wondered how you were getting on :D
take care .. heres to the next 2 1/2 yrs!!
sue xx
:beer:

And when will you be coming over?

We have also been here 2 years, god time fly's when your havin fun :)

Di

ireland May 2nd 2007 4:50 pm

Hiya

Was wondering if you were still in Oz, really pleased to hear all is well with you and the family, dont be such a stranger we all love to hear from the our virtual friends and how life is treating them.

luv ireland:)

Scrawni 2 May 2nd 2007 4:57 pm

What a lovely post. Nice to see you have finally settled.

Mandy

tiredwithtwins May 2nd 2007 5:49 pm

Originally Posted by harveyhare (Post 4728406)
And when will you be coming over?

We have also been here 2 years, god time fly's when your havin fun :)

Di

hi Di
we are coming over in 3 weeks for a holiday :D
im still looking after my old mam so stuck in uk for a while yet ... but one day!
2 years!? blimey .... anyone else still around who used to post and left around then?
sue xx

fiona021 May 2nd 2007 6:16 pm

Originally Posted by Tass (Post 4726005)
G'day mates ! How are ya ?:D
For those of you who know or remember me,this will come as a suprise.
Finally, after 2 and a half years, I like living in Australia !!:thumbsup:
We have our moments but have reached the stage where I can't imagine living back home again.
so , quick update. We arrived in Sydney for the first time ever in Australia on 3rd Novemebr 2004. no house , no jobs, 2 kids, 8 suitcases and 10 boxes.10,000GBP to our name.On 29 th September 2006, we bought and moved into our first Aussie home. a modest 3 bedroom house, but has lovely 18ft in ground swimming pool and large yard.We have 2 newish cars, a boat, a dog and a tent.many friends and a great socail life.I am working part time in local ED as a Advanced Clinical Nurse and my husband is now Nurse Unit Manager.Our kids are settled in lovely local public school and on Monday , we finally achieved the Aussie dream and became dual nationals. We are now fully integrated SCOSSIE'S !!!!:eek:
For those of you who think it's all so impossible, think again. You can do it. it's hard work and will bring a lot of heartache but you will reach a place one day in your own time ,and it will probably sneak up on you ,when you realise that things couldn't really get better, This is it and it makes me smile !
Thanks to all my friends on ex-pats for all the support you have given us - Nikkers, Phil, Jayne, Hels,bordie, soapy, bIX, pOLLYANNA , Jez,THE list goes on, you may have just posted a reply once but it helped in every little way.
ALL THE BEST TO YOU ALL.
Here's to "LIVING THE DREAM !!!":beer: :beer: :beer:
Tass.X X X

Hi there,

Enjoyed reading your post and was interested in how you find your work over there and if there is much of a difference. Looking to work in an ED in Brisbane on a part time basis also but a wee bit nervous as to what is expected of you. Glad you are positive about your whole experience. Settles my nerves a bit.

Cheers Fiona

mark 'n' joe May 2nd 2007 6:41 pm

Hi Tass

Glad you have settled now, all the best for the future.:thumbup:

Joex