British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Update Forum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/update-forum-107/)
-   -   1st year in perth (https://britishexpats.com/forum/update-forum-107/1st-year-perth-508100/)

traceyella Jan 22nd 2008 2:13 am

1st year in perth

Hi all not been on here for so long i forgot password and have had to set up new user name lol.
Well we have just been here 1 year and have done so much, not as hard as i first thought it would be and i still miss my friends the most, we have had 2 rentals and have just bought our first house so really looking forward to finally making my home again with all my things finally out of boxes.
Hubby has had 5 jobs in a year but is now settled in a good job (hopefully) lol.
Kids settled in with no problems at school.
I have had 2 jobs but find employers are not mother friendly if you know what i mean they don't understand that when school shuts on wednesdays at 2.05pm they need to be picked up and it's not easy when you have no family here to help out, not that they did anyway but i always knew someone back home to lend a hand if needed.
I have just booked into college for a 15 week nail tech course so then i can work from home or go mobile something i could never afford to do or ever wanted to do back home.
So in a year we have done loads of tourist stuff, brought 2 boats, a house, and most importantly have had fun along the way with no regrets and no plans to go back.
Yes they do things differently in alot of ways but you learn to live with it and slowly adapt to there way of life, but we do more things as a family here than we ever did in the uk which is what we all wanted so were all happy.
So anyone reading this thats just starting the big break GO GO GO and best of luck to ya.
Tracey, Dean, Zoe, Jack.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

hitchcock71 Jan 22nd 2008 2:53 am

Re: 1st year in perth

glad its working out for you and your family

ps when you finish your course can i be one of your first clients?

traceyella Jan 22nd 2008 3:23 am

Originally Posted by hitchcock71 (Post 5821778)
glad its working out for you and your family

ps when you finish your course can i be one of your first clients?

Thank you
Sure thing watch this space. x

hitchcock71 Jan 22nd 2008 3:39 am

will hold you to it!!!!!

will i get discount as iam a fellow be?;)

Amazulu Jan 22nd 2008 3:44 am

Originally Posted by traceyella (Post 5821631)
Hi all not been on here for so long i forgot password and have had to set up new user name lol.
Well we have just been here 1 year and have done so much, not as hard as i first thought it would be and i still miss my friends the most, we have had 2 rentals and have just bought our first house so really looking forward to finally making my home again with all my things finally out of boxes.
Hubby has had 5 jobs in a year but is now settled in a good job (hopefully) lol.
Kids settled in with no problems at school.
I have had 2 jobs but find employers are not mother friendly if you know what i mean they don't understand that when school shuts on wednesdays at 2.05pm they need to be picked up and it's not easy when you have no family here to help out, not that they did anyway but i always knew someone back home to lend a hand if needed.
I have just booked into college for a 15 week nail tech course so then i can work from home or go mobile something i could never afford to do or ever wanted to do back home.
So in a year we have done loads of tourist stuff, brought 2 boats, a house, and most importantly have had fun along the way with no regrets and no plans to go back.
Yes they do things differently in alot of ways but you learn to live with it and slowly adapt to there way of life, but we do more things as a family here than we ever did in the uk which is what we all wanted so were all happy.
So anyone reading this thats just starting the big break GO GO GO and best of luck to ya.
Tracey, Dean, Zoe, Jack.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

It's great that it's working out for you - you're not supposed to enjoy life in Perth according to this website. ;)

hitchcock71 Jan 22nd 2008 3:45 am

Originally Posted by Amazulu (Post 5821947)
It's great that it's working out for you - you're not supposed to enjoy life in Perth according to this website. ;)

now thats very true if you believed everything you read!!!!!

traceyella Jan 22nd 2008 3:45 am

Originally Posted by hitchcock71 (Post 5821932)
will hold you to it!!!!!

will i get discount as iam a fellow be?;)

Sure you will if you come to me i'm sure we can cut a deal, lol
Oh also doing foot massage and pedicure fancy that 2 ?

hitchcock71 Jan 22nd 2008 3:47 am

Originally Posted by traceyella (Post 5821954)
Sure you will if you come to me i'm sure we can cut a deal, lol
Oh also doing foot massage and pedicure fancy that 2 ?

em ????????????????????? how can a girl say no???? to all that pampering!!!!!

I_Will_Freckle Jan 22nd 2008 4:29 am

I'm up for pedicure too!

Great it's all working out so well for you and your family.

BTW - could you please learn how to do silk wraps for nails? It's very hard to find folk who know how to do this now and it's so much nicer than acrylic.

hitchcock71 Jan 22nd 2008 4:39 am

Originally Posted by I_Will_Freckle (Post 5822057)
I'm up for pedicure too!

Great it's all working out so well for you and your family.

BTW - could you please learn how to do silk wraps for nails? It's very hard to find folk who know how to do this now and it's so much nicer than acrylic.

i am first in line!!!!!:p:p:p

wait in line lady
ps have you tried gel nails???

I_Will_Freckle Jan 22nd 2008 4:41 am

Originally Posted by hitchcock71 (Post 5822075)
i am first in line!!!!!:p:p:p

wait in line lady
ps have you tried gel nails???

I grow my own! :lol:

hitchcock71 Jan 22nd 2008 4:42 am

Originally Posted by I_Will_Freckle (Post 5822079)
I grow my own! :lol:

:p and :p and :p to you

you can have gel over yr own nails just makes them harder:p

I_Will_Freckle Jan 22nd 2008 4:45 am

Originally Posted by hitchcock71 (Post 5822081)
:p and :p and :p to you

you can have gel over yr own nails just makes them harder:p

do you have to fill them in every now and again?

hitchcock71 Jan 22nd 2008 4:46 am

Originally Posted by I_Will_Freckle (Post 5822090)
do you have to fill them in every now and again?

every 3 weeks

swanny Jan 22nd 2008 8:09 pm

Glad your first year has been a good one, best of luck with your nail course!
I am a Nail tech/beautician and work from home/mobile here in the uk and really hope i can set up something similar in Australia (won't be competition - heading to NSW :) )....You have obviously done your research so assume there is a market out there? Is the whole Nail/beauty thing as big over there as it has been here?