1st year in Perth !

Old Feb 4th 2007, 4:06 am

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 1st year in Perth !

Ok we arrived Jan 06 .
Had sold our place in uk , had no job lined up just a temp holiday house booked for 10 weeks .
Started work one week after landing , then bought a house the following week .
Mrs P4me was home sick and feeling ill for the 1st 4-5 months ( mostly morning sickness ) I settled after oh say 5 mins ! .
We bought 2 cars , sold the big one as it wasn't being used after 6 months .
Spent loads seting up the new house . More than we thought , but was a good time to update sofas etc .
There have been a few probs like the 1st school for our 7 yr old, but swapped his school and that sorted it out .
I nearly broke my neck on Quinns Beach ! (thanks to sandra n mick for the help in getting to hospital !)
Changed jobs twice now. Each time to get a fatter wage packet . ( loads of work out there )
We are all very happy ,got our 1st wee Aussie in nov .
Had a few rellies stay and more to come .
Sawped the car now too as the barina/corsa was just to small !
Love the climate , the area , our mates ( you know who you are ) .
All in all we love it here . Will go back to UK in 18 months time for a family wedding , but will be glad to come back here to home .
Its just the damn best place one earth !
Old Feb 5th 2007, 6:38 am

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 1st year in Perth !

Aw great post
Old Feb 5th 2007, 9:31 am
BE Enthusiast

harveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of light

We like having you here , hope future years are as good as the first.

Di
Old Feb 5th 2007, 9:58 am
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Perthforme
Ok we arrived Jan 06 .
Can't believe you've been there a year already! Really pleased to hear how well you've settled.

Gina
Old Feb 5th 2007, 11:02 am
Account Closed

mindblower is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Re: 1st year in Perth !

[QUOTE=Perthforme;4360496]Ok we arrived Jan 06 .

Superb progress, well done.

Dave
Old Feb 5th 2007, 11:42 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Ok we arrived Jan 06 .
Had sold our place in uk , had no job lined up just a temp holiday house booked for 10 weeks .
Mrs P4me was home sick and feeling ill for the 1st 4-5 months ( mostly morning sickness ) I settled after oh say 5 mins ! .
Spent loads seting up the new house . More than we thought , but was a good time to update sofas etc .
There have been a few probs like the 1st school for our 7 yr old, but swapped his school and that sorted it out .
I nearly broke my neck on Quinns Beach ! (thanks to sandra n mick for the help in getting to hospital !)
Changed jobs twice now. Each time to get a fatter wage packet . ( loads of work out there )
All in all we love it here . Will go back to UK in 18 months time for a family wedding , but will be glad to come back here to home .
yeah, I know (I want that one)
Old Feb 5th 2007, 11:54 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Ok we arrived Jan 06 .

I presume you mean us!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well you better had!!!!!!!!!
Old Feb 12th 2007, 7:09 pm
Account Closed

ELLJAY is an unknown quantity at this point

Great post. Good on yer.....here's to the next year.

L-j
Old Feb 19th 2007, 11:58 am

Awe thanks guys , feelin a bit chilli as only 25 as i got back from work 2 day , gettin used to workin in 47 deg c heat !lol

Anyone else come to loverly perth , ( bring a sweater )
Old Feb 20th 2007, 11:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute

Hey nice ones guys, really pleased that everything is working out.
A great post....
hugs Lace xxx
Old Feb 20th 2007, 11:17 pm
Forum Regular

MandyB is just really niceMandyB is just really niceMandyB is just really niceMandyB is just really niceMandyB is just really niceMandyB is just really niceMandyB is just really niceMandyB is just really niceMandyB is just really niceMandyB is just really niceMandyB is just really nice

Hey P4me, I am new on here, thinking of moving to oz from NZ. Heard some bad stories about Perth though, yours is the first positive one i've read. What sort of work do you do. My OH is a brickie.
Old Feb 21st 2007, 7:39 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by MandyB
Hey P4me, I am new on here, thinking of moving to oz from NZ. Heard some bad stories about Perth though, yours is the first positive one i've read. What sort of work do you do. My OH is a brickie.
P4me is a jack of all trades aint ya Steve.............was mechanic, then a barber now back being a mechanic up at the mines............Perth is great............
Old Feb 21st 2007, 8:14 am

Originally Posted by MandyB
Perth is cool plenty of Kiwis here love the place too.

Just get hubby an extra set of arms b4 you come as they are building everywhere .
Old Feb 21st 2007, 10:36 am
BE Forum Addict

TeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud of

Great post. Glad that everything is working out for you.
Old Feb 21st 2007, 11:53 pm
Forum Regular

MandyB is just really niceMandyB is just really niceMandyB is just really niceMandyB is just really niceMandyB is just really niceMandyB is just really niceMandyB is just really niceMandyB is just really niceMandyB is just really niceMandyB is just really niceMandyB is just really nice

Really He'll be over there in a flash. Loads of work here too, just pay bad. Gotta go through the whole palava of immigration again first - unless anyone knows of an easier way to do it. OH is 29 so he can get working hol visa, but that doesn't include me (old hag at 35) and our son (8)