Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Update Forum
Reload this Page >

1st post from the other side!!!

1st post from the other side!!!

Old Jan 27th 2007, 10:36 am
BE Enthusiast

joanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud of
Default Re: 1st post from the other side!!!

CONGRATULATIONS Jac and Jed, sorry its late but didnt know you had Eve! omg poor Jed having to wait for 4 women to get in the shower!lol
hope u do come out again Jac, youll have to try and move nearer to us this time, the kids can go to school together and Les and Jed can set up their own business!lol
take care and keep in touch Jo x
Old Jan 27th 2007, 10:38 am

RooksieJ is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by joanneS
CONGRATULATIONS Jac and Jed, sorry its late but didnt know you had Eve! omg poor Jed having to wait for 4 women to get in the shower!lol
hope u do come out again Jac, youll have to try and move nearer to us this time, the kids can go to school together and Les and Jed can set up their own business!lol
take care and keep in touch Jo x
YAY and we can spend their money in Chanel
Old Jan 27th 2007, 12:13 pm
Forum Regular

smiths is a name known to allsmiths is a name known to allsmiths is a name known to allsmiths is a name known to allsmiths is a name known to allsmiths is a name known to allsmiths is a name known to allsmiths is a name known to allsmiths is a name known to allsmiths is a name known to allsmiths is a name known to all

hi joannes

Welcome to Redlandshire. I'm in Ormiston and have been 3 months. If you're interested a group of us expats meet up at Raby Bay, usually on a thursday for coffee (see meet ups for more info).
Good luck with everything, although it seems you're pretty well sorted already
Maybe catch up with you on a thursday

Heather
Old Jan 28th 2007, 12:03 am
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RooksieJ
Yes mate - Eve was born 27 Nov and she is a beauty - 3 girls!! YIKES!!

now my hormones have calmed down we are certainly giving serious consideration to coming out there again glad things are great with you guys - keep in touch.
Wow guys,

Congratulations on Eve's birth. Totally amazing.

cheers and good luck for your future.

Ginny
Old Jan 28th 2007, 12:27 pm
Work to Live!

brido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of light

Can't believe weve been here over 3 weeks already! thought id let u all know how we are getting on from sunny Brisbane!
Well 3 weeks ago we said our goodbyes to England and arrived in Bris 2nd Jan, met by Hilary6 and hubbie Keith (who i might say have been really really great to us)! couldnt done it with out them), we have managed to do so much within that time. We are renting our 4 bed bungalow in Redland Bay which is a lovely area, have bought a car, bought loads of furniture, (we decided to only ship 40 boxes over here and leave all the big furniture which im pleased we did now (apart from a few things), weve furnished the house for about $15000 dollars, most of the furniture is cheaper here! lots of cheap furniture stores around!
We drove down to Sydney which took about 12 hours (not much fun with 3 kids in the back of the car)! wish we had flown! We picked our dog up from quarantine (so to everyone who is worried about their dogs flying over dont be), Louie was in perfect health, he is nearly 9 but when we got him he looked like a puppy again, lost 5kg and had been bathed. It was brilliant when we got him as he went berserk at us, so so happy!!
The kids have all settled well so far, they have all joined football clubs and a golf club, they have made friends and seem happy. They all start school next week so only time will tell!
The uniforms where the boys are going are hillarious, havent gone down too well with the eldest, he cant wear any hairgel and has to wear a lovely wide brimmed hat!lol and cant get my head round having to buy every single piece of school equipment they will need for the year including exercise books, writing books, pens papers u name is you have to buy it!
it still feels like a holiday at the moment but will start looking for work next week. anyway good luck to everyone with the move, so far its being great and the 1 thing i recommend is getting msn set up before you go with a webcam and microphone, its been the best invention ever (well apart from Sat Nav that is)LOL!
take care all Jox
Hi Joanne,
We are moving over to the Gold Coast next weekend,the following week we are going to Sydney to pick up our dog.
Did you drive all the way back in one trip or did you stay over in any pet friendly accomodation on the way back.Also how were the roads and was it a straight forward route back to Brisbane from Eatern Creek?

Any info about the drive back will be greatfully recieved.

Thanks

Brian
Old Jan 28th 2007, 6:33 pm

Simba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of light

Well done sounds like your having a great time, How did you get on finding a rental with the dog ?.

We are planning to go to brisbane in a few months time and have a dog & cat, Redland bay is one of the areas we are going to check out .

Good Luck, Neil & Jenny,
Old Jan 30th 2007, 11:52 am
BE Enthusiast

joanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud of

Hi Brido, the journey down to Sydney was probaby worse than the flight over here!lol, this is because we had 3 kids in the back of the car fighting most of the journey! We stopped off enroute just outside Coffs Harbour, stayed in a motel (sorry cant remember the name), but they were willing to take the dog on the return journey. It took us about 12 hours driving to Sydney! The only advice I can give is get off the road before it gets dark because the lorry drivers over here are mad and they all seem to come out after dark! one by one they would appear at the back of our bumper, scared the crap out of me!lol talk about tail gating! On the way home we did the trip in one day! thats after spending a couple of days in Canberra visiting relatives! The trip back seemed quicker and hubbie drove when it was dark! if you can take your time and enjoy the stopovers every few hours it can be lovely, but if youve got a crazy family like mine just go for it!!! have a safe trip Jo x
Old Jan 30th 2007, 11:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Smile Re: 1st post from the other side!!!

Neil and Jenny we managed to get a rental through a friend from British expats, the complex where we are staying is full of people with animals, if you need any help just shout! and yep Redland Bay is lovely!
Good luck Jox
Old Jan 30th 2007, 12:40 pm
Running on the spot.

rugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to behold

Hi Jo,
Gald things are going well for you all.we got our visa at last and the house is now on the market,bit of luck we'll be there soon,hopefully meet up and say hi and share a few beers.
Best
RM
Old Jan 31st 2007, 10:01 am
Thinking of a move to OZ

Nicnaks is an unknown quantity at this point

Can't believe weve been here over 3 weeks already! thought id let u all know how we are getting on from sunny Brisbane!
Well 3 weeks ago we said our goodbyes to England and arrived in Bris 2nd Jan, met by Hilary6 and hubbie Keith (who i might say have been really really great to us)! couldnt done it with out them), we have managed to do so much within that time. We are renting our 4 bed bungalow in Redland Bay which is a lovely area, have bought a car, bought loads of furniture, (we decided to only ship 40 boxes over here and leave all the big furniture which im pleased we did now (apart from a few things), weve furnished the house for about $15000 dollars, most of the furniture is cheaper here! lots of cheap furniture stores around!
We drove down to Sydney which took about 12 hours (not much fun with 3 kids in the back of the car)! wish we had flown! We picked our dog up from quarantine (so to everyone who is worried about their dogs flying over dont be), Louie was in perfect health, he is nearly 9 but when we got him he looked like a puppy again, lost 5kg and had been bathed. It was brilliant when we got him as he went berserk at us, so so happy!!
The kids have all settled well so far, they have all joined football clubs and a golf club, they have made friends and seem happy. They all start school next week so only time will tell!
The uniforms where the boys are going are hillarious, havent gone down too well with the eldest, he cant wear any hairgel and has to wear a lovely wide brimmed hat!lol and cant get my head round having to buy every single piece of school equipment they will need for the year including exercise books, writing books, pens papers u name is you have to buy it!
it still feels like a holiday at the moment but will start looking for work next week. anyway good luck to everyone with the move, so far its being great and the 1 thing i recommend is getting msn set up before you go with a webcam and microphone, its been the best invention ever (well apart from Sat Nav that is)LOL!
take care all Jox

Hi, This is my first time on here. I love reading about everybodies experiences. My husband and I are considering the move to OZ but don't know where to start
It sounds like you have made a great choice on the area and you are settling in very well. We have a 3 year old boy and I just want him to have a better way of life then I think he would have if we stay here in the UK.
My husband and I both do not have a skilled trade which seems to be the main way of beng accepted into OZ, if anybody could give us any info, advice I would appreciate it very much.
Good luck to you and your family and to everybody who is following their dreams.
Nicola
Old Jan 31st 2007, 11:59 am
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brido
Hi Joanne,
We are moving over to the Gold Coast next weekend,the following week we are going to Sydney to pick up our dog.
Did you drive all the way back in one trip or did you stay over in any pet friendly accomodation on the way back.Also how were the roads and was it a straight forward route back to Brisbane from Eatern Creek?

Any info about the drive back will be greatfully recieved.

Thanks

Brian
We got our dog flown up to Brisbane. Cost us $300 which was a lot cheaper than petrol etc and kids. Used www.dogtainers.com

Cheers

Ginny
Old Feb 3rd 2007, 7:40 pm
Tess and Des

Tess n Des is an unknown quantity at this point

take care all Jox
Hi Jo
Can I ask how much it cost to send the dog and is that your nearest quarantine area? We also have a dog that is nearly 9 now but we just could not leave him here...........he may need a hair cut to cope with the heat though!!

Also can I ask who you which pet carriers you used and how old your kids are.

We are looking to go to the Gold Coast.

Many thanks

Tess
Old Feb 3rd 2007, 10:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

ragner is just really niceragner is just really niceragner is just really niceragner is just really niceragner is just really niceragner is just really niceragner is just really niceragner is just really niceragner is just really niceragner is just really niceragner is just really nice

[QUOTE=VikkiVenna;4325025]Hi Jo

Great to hear you are there, and all going well. Could I trouble you for the name of the company you shipped your dog with please? So nice to hear they looked after him so well!

Hello Vikki
We used a company called Airpets who are based with in a couples of miles of Heathrow.We lived near to Colchetser but opted for airpets because we thought it would give my dog a small period in getting used to the noises of the planes,plus when we picked him up he looked happy and healthy.

Jamie
Old Feb 4th 2007, 4:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi Tess and Ranger, we used Parair for shipping the dog, they are based in Colchester essex but think they will travel to pick up the animal! As i said before Louie was in great shape when we picked him up and has settled really really well here, so glad we bought him with us, but there is just one thing he is really started to SMELL!!!! he has never smelt before but someone said its the sweat! so i think he is now due to another bath!lol
I think the total cost to ship him out was about 2000 pounds + 800$ quaranteen and then plus the blood tests etc which he needed before he travelled, it has been expensive but worth it! by the way the kids are 15, 12 and 6! They have all started school now, the eldest 2 are getting on fine (apart from the funny uniforms)lol! but its been our youngest who is 6, she has cried everyday this week going into school saying she wants to go back to her old school, but Friday was a better day so hopefully by next week she should be ok!
All is good at the moment, just need to find work now!
Take care and good luck - any other info you need just shout! Jo x
Old Feb 4th 2007, 7:21 pm
Just Joined

melbaby has a brilliant futuremelbaby has a brilliant futuremelbaby has a brilliant futuremelbaby has a brilliant futuremelbaby has a brilliant futuremelbaby has a brilliant future

hi jo

wow it sounds fab!!!

we arrive in 3 weeks to brisbane, staying in the city first in a serviced apartment for 4 weeks and then looking for rental, i will be working in the city a a midwife, but we are looking for rental in wakerly, manly area i think was it easy to find a rental??? and schools etc??? my son william is 5yrs is going to a catholic school now so would like him to continue when we move, my daughter only 2yrs, so haven't got to worry about her too much as hubby not working straight away (lucky for him!!!) i think he is going to enjoy showing her the beach and stuff!!!

mel

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.