12th January....

Old Jan 11th 2007, 5:26 am
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking 12th January....

2005, I landed in Australia - Melbourne to be exact.

I was on my own for nearly 2 months, as the house in Cheshire just wouldn't sell

I arrived on a 457 temp visa, as a psych nurse and was sent to a bloody awful unit ..I remember when I first went on it, thinking 'why aren't there any Aus nurses (it was staffed entirely by nurses on 457's !!) - well, I soon found out why !! Carl came in the March, and by then we had applied for Permanent Residency - which we got in late July ...I then handed in my notice, together with my keys, and left pronto.
Decided to have some time off from nursing- Carl had been employed as a chess coach, and I did a lot of organisation, and running tournaments - then while recuperating from illness decided to go back to nursing, but Agency, which suits me down to the ground - there is a saying that you can take the girl out of nursing, but never the nurse out of the girl - certainly true for me I reckon
Between us, since being here we've travelled a fair bit - covering most of Victoria, parts of NSW, visiting Brisbane, Sydney, Canberra, Alice Springs, Mildura (and most of the Murray River region), Broken Hill amonst loads of other places.....part of the reason for this is the visitors we've had...my daughter, sister, mum, and recently (they left today) old friends from Coventry...god, it's great having the excuse to be a tour guide

Australia for me is home...I can't say that I will be in Melbourne for ever, or even the next two or three years...but for the time being, it is great - the travelling though has left me with a desire to get to know other places better...not just the brief visit, but to get into the heart and soul of a couple of special places I've been.

I'm not going into the what I like/don't like business...it always seems to ruffle feathers when people do that ...what I will say though, to those who have just arrived, and those on their way, is to be open-minded, remember that you are in another country, and that it is your responsibility to integrate yourself and make an effort.....the Visa does not come with a silver-spoon ...but from my experience, a bit of effort goes a long, long way
Old Jan 11th 2007, 5:34 am
Account Closed

Nomore is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 12th January....

Originally Posted by CasG

I was on my own for nearly 2 months, as the house in Cheshire just wouldn't sell

I arrived on a 457 temp visa, as a psych nurse and was sent to a bloody awful unit ..I remember when I first went on it, thinking 'why aren't there any Aus nurses (it was staffed entirely by nurses on 457's !!) - well, I soon found out why !! Carl came in the March, and by then we had applied for Permanent Residency - which we got in late July ...I then handed in my notice, together with my keys, and left pronto.
Decided to have some time off from nursing- Carl had been employed as a chess coach, and I did a lot of organisation, and running tournaments - then while recuperating from illness decided to go back to nursing, but Agency, which suits me down to the ground - there is a saying that you can take the girl out of nursing, but never the nurse out of the girl - certainly true for me I reckon
Between us, since being here we've travelled a fair bit - covering most of Victoria, parts of NSW, visiting Brisbane, Sydney, Canberra, Alice Springs, Mildura (and most of the Murray River region), Broken Hill amonst loads of other places.....part of the reason for this is the visitors we've had...my daughter, sister, mum, and recently (they left today) old friends from Coventry...god, it's great having the excuse to be a tour guide

Australia for me is home...I can't say that I will be in Melbourne for ever, or even the next two or three years...but for the time being, it is great - the travelling though has left me with a desire to get to know other places better...not just the brief visit, but to get into the heart and soul of a couple of special places I've been.

I'm not going into the what I like/don't like business...it always seems to ruffle feathers when people do that ...what I will say though, to those who have just arrived, and those on their way, is to be open-minded, remember that you are in another country, and that it is your responsibility to integrate yourself and make an effort.....the Visa does not come with a silver-spoon ...but from my experience, a bit of effort goes a long, long way
Good to see your enjoying the experience..all the best Cas
Old Jan 11th 2007, 5:42 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by paulrachel
Good to see your enjoying the experience..all the best Cas
Thanks....not been bad
Old Jan 11th 2007, 7:46 am
Forum Regular

djfbug is just really nicedjfbug is just really nicedjfbug is just really nicedjfbug is just really nicedjfbug is just really nicedjfbug is just really nicedjfbug is just really nicedjfbug is just really nicedjfbug is just really nicedjfbug is just really nice

Thanks....not been bad
Thats a great no nonsense post Cas, thanks for that - looking forward to hopefully arriving in Melbourne later this year
Old Jan 11th 2007, 7:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Happy 2 years anniversary Cas and Carl
Old Jan 11th 2007, 7:58 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Wendy
Happy 2 years anniversary Cas and Carl
Glad you have joined us in 2007
Old Jan 11th 2007, 2:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

Happy new life anniversary
Old Jan 12th 2007, 8:28 pm
Former Resident Visa

Jaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by curly
Happy new life anniversary
It's nice to find out how people arrived and the circumstances behind the move. Thanks for sharing.
J x
Old Jan 12th 2007, 8:30 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

sounds like that needs to be in a blog....good that all is going well
Old Jan 12th 2007, 10:00 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by TruBrit
sounds like that needs to be in a blog....good that all is going well
Thanks ....I'll think about it....certainly packed a lot in to the 2 years ....and plenty of plans for the future..
Old Jan 15th 2007, 12:59 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Noice update m'duck
Old Jan 16th 2007, 10:34 pm
Account Closed

mashy is an unknown quantity at this point

Excellent update Cas

Your nursing has stood you in good sted to get on with me

(just wait till you can add Tassie to the list
Old Jan 16th 2007, 10:39 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by mashy
Excellent update Cas

Your nursing has stood you in good sted to get on with me

(just wait till you can add Tassie to the list
Very true.
Old Jan 16th 2007, 10:41 pm
Account Closed

mashy is an unknown quantity at this point

You`ll have to send a bill to Martin
Old Jan 16th 2007, 10:43 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by mashy
You`ll have to send a bill to Martin
Wrong address...return to sender

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.