Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Update Forum
Reload this Page >

12 years on and no regrets

12 years on and no regrets

Old May 27th 2008, 9:15 am
BE Enthusiast

POW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nice
Default 12 years on and no regrets

It is 12 years today that I gave up my life in the UK and left for a life in the sun. I have not returned to the UK since departing and I can not see any reason to return in the future.

I has been a great 12 years and I look forward to many many more.

Barney
Old May 27th 2008, 9:38 am
happy to be here!

nightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 12 years on and no regrets

Congratulations on your 12 years, long may it continue
Old May 27th 2008, 9:41 am
BE Forum Addict

breezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by POW148
It is 12 years today that I gave up my life in the UK and left for a life in the sun. I have not returned to the UK since departing and I can not see any reason to return in the future.

Barney
Well done. It's great to hear of someone still happy after so many years here.
Tracie
Old May 27th 2008, 10:47 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I've heard it takes a while to settle in Congrats on the 12 years and good luck for the rest of your natural.
Old May 27th 2008, 11:33 am
Account Closed

mindblower is an unknown quantity at this point

[ :[/QUOTE]

Excellent news.
Old May 28th 2008, 12:03 am
Forum Regular

jingles has a brilliant futurejingles has a brilliant futurejingles has a brilliant futurejingles has a brilliant futurejingles has a brilliant futurejingles has a brilliant futurejingles has a brilliant futurejingles has a brilliant future

Barney
Congratulations, it is good to hear of somebody who is happy they migrated here.
I've just passed my 57th anniversary and have never been back.
jingles
Old May 28th 2008, 10:15 am
BE Enthusiast

POW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nice

Originally Posted by jingles
Congratulations, it is good to hear of somebody who is happy they migrated here.
I've just passed my 57th anniversary and have never been back.
jingles
Jingles

I would be happy to do half the time that you have done here. Good on you, makes my 12 years seem like "Smoko".

Thanks to everyone

Barney
Old May 28th 2008, 1:39 pm
Just Joined

lovleylady will become famous soon enoughlovleylady will become famous soon enough

well done
glad it went so well for you

emma
Old May 28th 2008, 7:34 pm

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

Glad to hear you are still enjoying it I guess you won't be joining the MBTUK forum any time soon
Old May 28th 2008, 10:37 pm
Forum Regular

littlemiss will become famous soon enough

My Uncle was the same, 29 years and only been back once, and that was 28 years ago!!!
Old May 29th 2008, 2:10 am
Forum Regular

jingles has a brilliant futurejingles has a brilliant futurejingles has a brilliant futurejingles has a brilliant futurejingles has a brilliant futurejingles has a brilliant futurejingles has a brilliant futurejingles has a brilliant future

Jingles

I would be happy to do half the time that you have done here. Good on you, makes my 12 years seem like "Smoko".

Thanks to everyone

Barney
Didn't mean to sound condescending Barney......I am glad you are enjoying being here, so many people grumble about it.
jingles
Old May 29th 2008, 2:16 am
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

Barney
i used to go out with a guy whose nickname was barney, who moved to oz some 12 years ago. did you come from bolton way?

congrats by the way
Old May 29th 2008, 6:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jingles
Didn't mean to sound condescending Barney......I am glad you are enjoying being here, so many people grumble about it.
jingles
Jingles

I never took it that way mate. I sincerly hope to one day say "57 years today"

All the very best

Barney
Old May 29th 2008, 6:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sleeping Beauty
i used to go out with a guy whose nickname was barney, who moved to oz some 12 years ago. did you come from bolton way?

congrats by the way
You mean to say, there are more than one Barney over here.

I can say that I do not come from Bolton.

Geordie born and Hampshire raised

Barney
Old May 29th 2008, 1:54 pm
Forum Regular

invictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really nice

thats great to hear, I've been here 9 years Sept 1, ..........divorced and remarried in that time, going back for a holiday next July, daughter was 6 when she left and will be 16 when we go back, hubbie has never been to the UK, we have been married for a year and he has never met his mother in law!

Got No desire to live back in UK, even when my marriage went belly up and I was a single parent of 3 I never seriously contemplated going back, I cant call the UK "home" anymore, Australia is home.

Best of luck to all starting new lives here.

And it DOES take time and effort to settle down, stop comparing everything and embrace the different cultures.

Sal

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.