British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Update Forum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/update-forum-107/)
-   -   12 months on the 27th January Yipee (https://britishexpats.com/forum/update-forum-107/12-months-27th-january-yipee-420814/)

poshrice Jan 22nd 2007 11:28 am

12 months on the 27th January Yipee

3 Attachment(s)
Hi we have finally reached our 1st goal post of being here 12 mths and what an interesting year it has been. I have found a job and then given up againa as i couldn't bear to be away from my little boy (luckily hubby loves his job and can afford for me not to work).We have made new friends and we live in a great area. My son is convinced he is aussie (who am i to tell him different another 18mths and he will have been here longer than in the uk) although he upset daddy by telling him at the start of the ashes that Oz would win the cricket. He loves daycare (so do i even if it is only one day a week). I have dealt with redbacks in the roof, funnel webs in the garden and huntsman in the lounge. We have aquired a true blue aussie dog a little mini foxy who i am pleased to say is now legitimate with our landlord (big sigh of relief). i spoke to my mom the other day and surprised her by saying i was ready to come home waited for the gasp and then said but only to visit i love it here and wouldn't want to live anywhere else. My hubby has seen more of Australia than most of our aussie friends (pity he hasn't took me with him). We have survived our 1st lot of visitors and have the second lot on the way in 4 weeks can't wait.We own a beer fridge which is something we are quite proud of and gives the neighbours something to tease hubby about e.g. 2am christmas night just as we had finished playing the australian version of monopoly with our pommie friends hubby gets a phone call on his mobile claiming to be integral energy asking if we had had any problems with our power hubby answers no to which he hears snickering down the phone clicks who it is (Aussie neighbours from accross the road) but decides to play along anyway the next question being do you have a beer fridge if so is it still running so again he answers yes to then be asked is it running down the street more snickering hubby opens front door walks across the road to find 2 of our neighbours in bits on the drive as they were very drunk ended up having a drink with them and not getting to bed till 4am but what a great 2 hours and a wonderful end to a great christmas day. So is there anything i would do differently......yes i would rent a house with air con straight away instead of thinking it doesn't matter and would also have liked to live on the estate i live on now as my neighbours are brill we often have impromptu drinking parties on the neighbours drives (great way to make friends). Anyway here is to another 12 mths and more driveway parties and bar-b-ques.

Poshrice

thepomandozzy Jan 22nd 2007 12:52 pm

Re: 12 months on the 27th January Yipee

Hi

Great pics. Glad to see you are getting on so well with the life in oz hope it continues for many more years to come. :thumbup:

Tracey

curly Jan 22nd 2007 2:50 pm

Originally Posted by poshrice (Post 4311887)
Hi we have finally reached our 1st goal post of being here 12 mths and what an interesting year it has been. I have found a job and then given up againa as i couldn't bear to be away from my little boy (luckily hubby loves his job and can afford for me not to work).We have made new friends and we live in a great area. My son is convinced he is aussie (who am i to tell him different another 18mths and he will have been here longer than in the uk) although he upset daddy by telling him at the start of the ashes that Oz would win the cricket. He loves daycare (so do i even if it is only one day a week). I have dealt with redbacks in the roof, funnel webs in the garden and huntsman in the lounge. We have aquired a true blue aussie dog a little mini foxy who i am pleased to say is now legitimate with our landlord (big sigh of relief). i spoke to my mom the other day and surprised her by saying i was ready to come home waited for the gasp and then said but only to visit i love it here and wouldn't want to live anywhere else. My hubby has seen more of Australia than most of our aussie friends (pity he hasn't took me with him). We have survived our 1st lot of visitors and have the second lot on the way in 4 weeks can't wait.We own a beer fridge which is something we are quite proud of and gives the neighbours something to tease hubby about e.g. 2am christmas night just as we had finished playing the australian version of monopoly with our pommie friends hubby gets a phone call on his mobile claiming to be integral energy asking if we had had any problems with our power hubby answers no to which he hears snickering down the phone clicks who it is (Aussie neighbours from accross the road) but decides to play along anyway the next question being do you have a beer fridge if so is it still running so again he answers yes to then be asked is it running down the street more snickering hubby opens front door walks across the road to find 2 of our neighbours in bits on the drive as they were very drunk ended up having a drink with them and not getting to bed till 4am but what a great 2 hours and a wonderful end to a great christmas day. So is there anything i would do differently......yes i would rent a house with air con straight away instead of thinking it doesn't matter and would also have liked to live on the estate i live on now as my neighbours are brill we often have impromptu drinking parties on the neighbours drives (great way to make friends). Anyway here is to another 12 mths and more driveway parties and bar-b-ques.

Poshrice

Great post :D

Love the pic with you all studying your thongs :eek: :rofl:

bethandneil Jan 22nd 2007 2:55 pm

wow what a fab post, is the middle pic a thong competition?

poshrice Jan 22nd 2007 11:12 pm

Originally Posted by bethandneil (Post 4312411)
wow what a fab post, is the middle pic a thong competition?

the thong pic was at my sons 3rd birthday party in december and the neighbours and my hubby were discussing thongs as my husband trying to fit in with the neighbours bought some havaianas but doesn't like anyhting stuck between his toes. hubby is the one holding the black thong.

herrchook Jan 24th 2007 9:56 am

I just LOVE reading stories like this. Great to hear you're getting on so well. Here's to another happy 12 months.

Gill

poshrice Jan 28th 2007 11:09 pm

Have just had a phone call and i must be mad in-laws leave on the 7th of March and have just found out my bes friend will be arriving on the 3rd of april.

mega excited lol
poshrice