Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Update Forum
Reload this Page >

10 weeks in and Loving It

10 weeks in and Loving It

Old Oct 27th 2007, 1:35 pm
egghead4+becky

egghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud of
Default Re: 10 weeks in and Loving It

sam its great to hear that things are going so well for you and your family. I was just wondering what made your decide on that area?
I would love to see some piccy's. nosey aren't I
keep updating us.
bec
Old Oct 28th 2007, 10:54 am
BE Forum Addict

samnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by egghead4
sam its great to hear that things are going so well for you and your family. I was just wondering what made your decide on that area?
I would love to see some piccy's. nosey aren't I
keep updating us.
bec
We chose this area because weve been here 3 years ago, and we have a few rellies who live near. Also we couldnt decide between here or Hervey Bay, but after thinking long and hard we decided that Hervey Bay was a bit too far away from most day's out. At least here we can plan a day trip to the Gold Coast and all it has to offer.
Ok hope this works here are a few pics of our house and things the kids have been upto.
Will put some more pics up later on, lets see if these work first.
Sam x
Attached Thumbnails 10 weeks in and Loving It-back-garden-005.jpg   10 weeks in and Loving It-kids-our-pool.jpg   10 weeks in and Loving It-october-2007-013.jpg  
Old Oct 28th 2007, 11:06 am
BE Enthusiast

maisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to behold

Your house looks fantastic all that open space, grass looks in good nick too.
Thanks for answering my question about the budget and what you bought has helped me make some decisions.
You keep enjoying the new life and we wish you well.
Old Oct 28th 2007, 11:33 am
BE Enthusiast

MOONLIGHT has a brilliant futureMOONLIGHT has a brilliant futureMOONLIGHT has a brilliant futureMOONLIGHT has a brilliant futureMOONLIGHT has a brilliant futureMOONLIGHT has a brilliant futureMOONLIGHT has a brilliant future

Lovely post to read and lovely photo's to, good luck to you and your family
Old Oct 28th 2007, 4:48 pm
egghead4+becky

egghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud of

what a beautiful house you have, with lots of room. keep us updated
good luck
bec
Old Oct 28th 2007, 8:02 pm
Forum Regular

woodys has a brilliant futurewoodys has a brilliant futurewoodys has a brilliant futurewoodys has a brilliant futurewoodys has a brilliant futurewoodys has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by samnsam
Yep that included all the white goods, 4TV's an 3 DVD's. We couldnt believe how cheap we could get things by just shopping around. Sofa is a 3 seater and 2 recliners (Leather) cost just under £600 on offer at Super Amart. They have everything on offer nearly every week.
Update on Steve's job search. Well he just went out for 3 days cold calling and dropping off his CV, so far to-date he has had 5 job offers. Well he starts his first day on Monday, the bloke offered him a realy good package, doing the exact same thing in mechanical engineering as he did in the UK but for £9000 per year more.
Any more questions just ask away.
Sam x
When you say mechanical engineering do you mean mechanics?or?My hubby is an HGV mechanic and hope to be in your neck of the woods 2008!
Old Oct 28th 2007, 8:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

sammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, how big is that pool??!! and all that space enjoy it

sam xxx
Old Oct 29th 2007, 12:34 am
BE Forum Addict

samnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by woodys
When you say mechanical engineering do you mean mechanics?or?My hubby is an HGV mechanic and hope to be in your neck of the woods 2008!
HGV mechanic's, they are in very short supply of diesel fitters in this neck of the wood's, if this is part of your hubbys job description or he can put his hand to most things mechanical he wont be out of a job for long. My hubby is mainly small engine parts, welding etc.
Wages here average around $20 -$25 per hour. Once you prove yourself then the wage then reflects experience.
Old Nov 3rd 2007, 3:45 pm
markj

painter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nice

Congratulations to you & yours,all the best for the future