Reload this Page >

1 year in, on the Sunshine coast

1 year in, on the Sunshine coast

Old Jun 29th 2007, 7:25 am
Account Closed

mindblower is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 1 year in, on the Sunshine coast

Selina xxx[/QUOTE]

Fantastic news, good to hear a success story.

dave

Old Jun 29th 2007, 7:26 am

Issie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mindblower
Selina xxx
Fantastic news, good to hear a success story.

dave

[/QUOTE]

Not many of those about lately Dave
Old Jun 29th 2007, 7:29 am
BE Forum Addict

kevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SBUK
I'm thinking about becoming a Q-build member ,I've looked into it abit and not too sure?? I'll have to have a site meeting with youre OH at the Tavern to talk things over

Aye up Kev ! see you at the w'end..

Its our 1 year bash this week to!!
You going fishing then? I bought a flash new reel last week and some pukka line - flurocarbon (invisible to the fish apparently)

txt me if you're up for it?
Old Jul 1st 2007, 8:08 pm
Forum Regular

beasty boy will become famous soon enough
Smile Re: 1 year in, on the Sunshine coast

We are hopefully emigrating mid 2008. I am a fully qualified plumber and my wife is a medical secretary. We have two young children who will be 1 and 3 when emigrating. Would there be requirements for plumbers/heating engineers in your are as we have read on forums before the lack of jobs in this area.

Is this a good area for our young family/ schools etc??

Beasty Boy
Old Jul 1st 2007, 9:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

kevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by beasty boy
We are hopefully emigrating mid 2008. I am a fully qualified plumber and my wife is a medical secretary. We have two young children who will be 1 and 3 when emigrating. Would there be requirements for plumbers/heating engineers in your are as we have read on forums before the lack of jobs in this area.

Is this a good area for our young family/ schools etc??

Beasty Boy
There's always requirements for good tradesmen, also brits seem to have a good reputation as hard workers so you'll get on fine
Old Jul 4th 2007, 10:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

s-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats on having a wonderful year overall..... We have decided on Mooloolaba now, any advise??? already checked out the schools, seem good, but not a lot said on the area itself...

Cheers, S-j x
Old Aug 14th 2007, 9:06 am
BE Enthusiast

selina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to behold

Mooloolaba tends to be more for holiday makers really

that said there are some great residential properties in that area, but they come at a price!

Most tend to live in the mountain creek or buderim area which is cheaper but not CHEAP by any means!

both are good areas but depends whether you need to be in the school catchment areas etc

best to have a look around and get a feel for the place yourself as different people have different needs

i would say that there are no real BAD areas around the Sunshine Coast, well not that i've come across anyway

selina x
Old Aug 14th 2007, 7:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

s-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Selina have now been looking at mt creek and buderim..... ????

Any advise.. Got daughter in Mt creek school x
Old Aug 14th 2007, 11:21 pm
Banned

Location: from Shepherds Bush to Aussie Bush. Well not quite - Mountain Creek, Sunshine Coast
jc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to all

Originally Posted by lungie2oz
I am going through my TRA at the moment and just cant wait for an answer one way or the other.............any pointers

Oh yes, be prepared to do the TRA application again when you get here.

Pain in the arse, but that's the ways things are done in Aus, they do like there paperwork. That said, it's worth it
Old Aug 14th 2007, 11:44 pm
Banned

Location: from Shepherds Bush to Aussie Bush. Well not quite - Mountain Creek, Sunshine Coast
jc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to all

Originally Posted by s-jmelbournewannabe
Hi Selina have now been looking at mt creek and buderim..... ????

Any advise.. Got daughter in Mt creek school x
If you have a daughter in MC and it's distance to school that you are looking for, then we are nearer. Not saying Buderum is a long trot, but you would have to drive.

MC and Buderum are very different, Buderum is up on the hill and very green. MC is more of a estate, but with a nice track of river/bush conservation going through the middle of it. Most of the estate is closed, so no through traffic. I believe that the house price's are about the same, but a few more posher houses in Buderum, because of the views mostly, but it is "kind of" posh up there. Not 'aving a go, just comes across like that. Still nice though

I think we are nearer the beach, especally if you use a push bike. Easy to go down the hill at Buderum, not so easy up (not on a bike, that is)!!! We also have the choice of Mooloolaba or Buddina beaches, and Buddina is quite and very long.

More shops up at Buderum, nice Tavern. We do have alocal petrol staton, Woolworths, cafe etc, not on Buderum scale. Oh, but they are building a new Tavern in MC, opens around Xmas.

That's it really, hope that helps
Old Aug 15th 2007, 5:17 am
BE Enthusiast

SBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud of

Oh, but they are building a new Tavern in MC, opens around Xmas.

And I got on their Tradie list
Old Aug 15th 2007, 8:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by jc_hoops
If you have a daughter in MC and it's distance to school that you are looking for, then we are nearer. Not saying Buderum is a long trot, but you would have to drive.

MC and Buderum are very different, Buderum is up on the hill and very green. MC is more of a estate, but with a nice track of river/bush conservation going through the middle of it. Most of the estate is closed, so no through traffic. I believe that the house price's are about the same, but a few more posher houses in Buderum, because of the views mostly, but it is "kind of" posh up there. Not 'aving a go, just comes across like that. Still nice though

I think we are nearer the beach, especally if you use a push bike. Easy to go down the hill at Buderum, not so easy up (not on a bike, that is)!!! We also have the choice of Mooloolaba or Buddina beaches, and Buddina is quite and very long.

More shops up at Buderum, nice Tavern. We do have alocal petrol staton, Woolworths, cafe etc, not on Buderum scale. Oh, but they are building a new Tavern in MC, opens around Xmas.

That's it really, hope that helps
Thanks for that hon, was looking more at Buderim anyway.. who are the estate agents that mainly deal with buderim rentals? S-j xx Thanks
Old Aug 16th 2007, 6:08 am
Forum Regular

Koala Konnection has a brilliant futureKoala Konnection has a brilliant futureKoala Konnection has a brilliant futureKoala Konnection has a brilliant futureKoala Konnection has a brilliant futureKoala Konnection has a brilliant future

Isn't it amazing how many Brits end up either in Buderim or Mountain Creek? Makes you wonder what it's going to be like in ten years time... Little Britain? Computer sez... Must be something in the air (or the schools).

As for the Sunshine Coast, I can't/wont knock it. Been here a couple of years now and wouldn't want to move anywhere else. We're up in the hills - overlooking that fine air.

Paul.
Old Aug 16th 2007, 6:57 am
Forum Regular

leannelo is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: 1 year in, on the Sunshine coast

This all sounds fab!
I cannot wait to be in your situ, just worrying about renting when we first get there, been told its a fight to get a rental:curse: Never mind cross that bridge when we get there. Congrats to your 1st year in Oz
Leanne x
Old Aug 16th 2007, 11:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Koala Konnection
Isn't it amazing how many Brits end up either in Buderim or Mountain Creek? Makes you wonder what it's going to be like in ten years time... Little Britain? Computer sez... Must be something in the air (or the schools).

As for the Sunshine Coast, I can't/wont knock it. Been here a couple of years now and wouldn't want to move anywhere else. We're up in the hills - overlooking that fine air.

Paul.
We only looked at Buderim cos of Mt creek school. been told it's one of the best in the area.. Didnt really want to live on an estate so have been looking in the 'area' for a bit of land. not going well though!

Where in the hills are you? Pm me if you like,need to be about 5 - 10 min drive from Mt Creek school. x Thanks S-j x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.