1 year in, last say!!

Old Apr 18th 2007, 3:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

don544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond repute
Default 1 year in, last say!!

hi all
its coming up to May 1st when i will of been in perth for one year! my wife and i, and 2 daughters aged 12 and 8 have now settled into baldivis, south of perth. i settled straight away, my girls took a few weeks to settle at a new school, but my wife had a very hard time for the first few months, but now has a job she likes and is enjoying the oz life style. we are both nurses so jobs were easy to come by. we came over on a work visa but were granted PR Status after 4 months, we had to go to singapore to get our visa validated, but it was worth it.
we like the weather and laid back attitude here, also the lack of 'hoodies' and trouble makers we had in the uk. we spend a lot of time at the beach and having BBQ's with friends. we are building a home and hope to be in by june, then our journey will nearly be complete (citizenship being the final hurdle).
only real dislikes are the BANKS, the banking system seems to be designed to fleece the customer at every opportunity. lack of pubs with beer gardens, and thats about it. we are really happy.
this is now my last post, thanks to all (you know who you are) for the support and fun given over the last year. i would only echo previous posters and say, don't come with a closed mind, a lot of the culture here will surprise you, delight you and at times horrify you, but if you don't try, you will always wonder...............what if?????? GO FOR IT
(This is my own personal experience on immigrating to Australia, if you disagree thats your opinion so keep it to your self)
Dom
Old Apr 18th 2007, 4:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 1 year in, last say!!

Great post good luck with the house
Old Apr 18th 2007, 5:22 pm
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by don544
hi all
its coming up to May 1st when i will of been in perth for one year! my wife and i, and 2 daughters aged 12 and 8 have now settled into baldivis, south of perth. i settled straight away, my girls took a few weeks to settle at a new school, but my wife had a very hard time for the first few months, but now has a job she likes and is enjoying the oz life style. we are both nurses so jobs were easy to come by. we came over on a work visa but were granted PR Status after 4 months, we had to go to singapore to get our visa validated, but it was worth it.
we like the weather and laid back attitude here, also the lack of 'hoodies' and trouble makers we had in the uk. we spend a lot of time at the beach and having BBQ's with friends. we are building a home and hope to be in by june, then our journey will nearly be complete (citizenship being the final hurdle).
only real dislikes are the BANKS, the banking system seems to be designed to fleece the customer at every opportunity. lack of pubs with beer gardens, and thats about it. we are really happy.
this is now my last post, thanks to all (you know who you are) for the support and fun given over the last year. i would only echo previous posters and say, don't come with a closed mind, a lot of the culture here will surprise you, delight you and at times horrify you, but if you don't try, you will always wonder...............what if?????? GO FOR IT
(This is my own personal experience on immigrating to Australia, if you disagree thats your opinion so keep it to your self)
Dom
Fab post....sounds like a good move for you guys, long may it continue!! C x
Old Apr 18th 2007, 6:54 pm
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by don544
hi all
Dom
Congratulations Dom. Good luck with the new house
Old Apr 18th 2007, 11:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Glad your wife had finally settled Dom. Good luck with your house, be happy
Old Apr 21st 2007, 10:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

s-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond repute

Nice one Dom,

Thanks for sharing, take care.
S-j x
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 5:51 pm

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Dom! Great post, good to hear from you but don't make it your last say ever, come back and update us again

Kath x