Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Update Forum
Reload this Page >

1 Week in and im a pool of water on the floor

1 Week in and im a pool of water on the floor

Old Dec 24th 2007, 9:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

iwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to all
Default 1 Week in and im a pool of water on the floor

Hi All
Just a short update as ive only been here 1 week, today is xmas day, cant believe im here, cant believe its 30 deg outside, and cant believe im going to be eating seafood for my xmas dinner........... But its all true, im in Townsville, and its lovely, everything i thought it would be has come true, ive not really started to appreciate it yet as ive spent the last week on the phone, looking at rental properties, looking for furniture and a car, so its felt like a year, but im glad to say that i will be moving in to my new house on friday.................
Update to follow...........
Merry Xmas Everyone
Sharon and David
Old Dec 24th 2007, 10:55 pm
cheeky tart

The A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 1 Week in and im a pool of water on the floor

Originally Posted by iwilldoit View Post
Hi All
Just a short update as ive only been here 1 week, today is xmas day, cant believe im here, cant believe its 30 deg outside, and cant believe im going to be eating seafood for my xmas dinner........... But its all true, im in Townsville, and its lovely, everything i thought it would be has come true, ive not really started to appreciate it yet as ive spent the last week on the phone, looking at rental properties, looking for furniture and a car, so its felt like a year, but im glad to say that i will be moving in to my new house on friday.................
Update to follow...........
Merry Xmas Everyone
Sharon and David
Merry Christmas and welcome to Townsville
Old Dec 25th 2007, 12:26 am
BE Enthusiast

iwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to all

Originally Posted by The A Team View Post
Merry Christmas and welcome to Townsville
Hi
And thank you, merry xmas to you to, nice to know someone else in townsville as well........where abouts are you?
Sharon
Old Dec 25th 2007, 9:21 am
cheeky tart

The A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
And thank you, merry xmas to you to, nice to know someone else in townsville as well........where abouts are you?
Sharon
We're in Kirwan
Old Dec 26th 2007, 11:13 am
BE Enthusiast

vickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to all

hi sharon, nice to hear things are working out for you and all that stress was worth it in the end! hope the move goes well on friday, keep us informed of your progress!

vicky
Old Dec 26th 2007, 1:36 pm
Ping pong PoM

alipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Sharon!

Merrry Christmas! I hope that the Seafood was all that you dreamed about yesterday!

I'll bet your brother was pleased to have you there!

Can't wait to read your update, once you're safely into your new home and OH has started his job....

Happy New Year for 2008, we'll be enjoying an Aussie Christmas next year!!

Ali x
Old Dec 26th 2007, 2:51 pm
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: 1 Week in and im a pool of water on the floor

Brilliant to hear from you again Sharon!!!!!!!!!! Enjoy every minute of that sunshine as it's damp and miserable over here right now....LOL
Keep us all updated when you find the time please,
Take care,
Beth x x
Old Dec 26th 2007, 6:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

mad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to behold

Merry christmas and hears to a fab 2008 to you all
Old Dec 27th 2007, 12:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by The A Team View Post
We're in Kirwan
Hi
Well tomorrow is the big big day, I move to Douglas, scary as i will now have to stand on my own 2 feet, but cant wait, i have to say the people here have been great, xmas eve we went for a walk on the strand, for those who dont know townsville thats the front, and they had so much xmas activity on, shosh sat on a camel lol, and she sat, had the best kebab ever followed by the dearest ice cream ever, was it worth it YEPO lol, cant tell you all what a sense of good wellbeing we all have at the moment, of course next week when i have to do eveything myself may well be a different story, although i am now able to get to some of the shopping centres myself, and im able to drive ok here, bearing in mind france is the other side of the road driving, and there are actually pavements here, so should i go of the road WHICH I WONT OF COURSE would not put me in a long ditch lol. well not much else to say at moment but i will keep things updated good and bad........all those that went through the visa process with me, please do keep in touch, i really miss the chat, and i will hopefully be on line in my own house in about 2 weeks......
congratulations to all those that have got there visa and a speedy visa for all those still waiting.........BUT IT WILL HAPPEN LOOK AT ME......IM HERE.....
sharon and david
Old Dec 27th 2007, 5:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
Well tomorrow is the big big day, I move to Douglas, scary as i will now have to stand on my own 2 feet, but cant wait, i have to say the people here have been great, xmas eve we went for a walk on the strand, for those who dont know townsville thats the front, and they had so much xmas activity on, shosh sat on a camel lol, and she sat, had the best kebab ever followed by the dearest ice cream ever, was it worth it YEPO lol, cant tell you all what a sense of good wellbeing we all have at the moment, of course next week when i have to do eveything myself may well be a different story, although i am now able to get to some of the shopping centres myself, and im able to drive ok here, bearing in mind france is the other side of the road driving, and there are actually pavements here, so should i go of the road WHICH I WONT OF COURSE would not put me in a long ditch lol. well not much else to say at moment but i will keep things updated good and bad........all those that went through the visa process with me, please do keep in touch, i really miss the chat, and i will hopefully be on line in my own house in about 2 weeks......
congratulations to all those that have got there visa and a speedy visa for all those still waiting.........BUT IT WILL HAPPEN LOOK AT ME......IM HERE.....
sharon and david
Well done you!
Good to hear the update, hope you get really settled very soon & you need to change your location on your avatar!
Old Dec 31st 2007, 9:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Lovely to hear from you, Sharon, hope it all continues to go well. I'm sure it will take time, blimey only a few weeks ago you were pulling your hair out in France and now you actually there!

Have a great New Year and hoping that 2008 is a fantastic year for you.

Take care

Sam
Old Jan 2nd 2008, 2:19 pm
Where's my visa?

cascrew has a brilliant futurecascrew has a brilliant futurecascrew has a brilliant futurecascrew has a brilliant futurecascrew has a brilliant futurecascrew has a brilliant future

Well done Sharon, glad to hear it all went well and the residents of Townsville are safe with you on the road. It's great to know Sept apps are moving and settling well, don't forget to drop in on us Oz wannabes who are still wait so we can get some advise.

Good luck with everything

lianne
Old Jan 8th 2008, 10:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi Everyone
Happy New Year to all, well lets see, update time, here 4 weeks on Thursday, We have now settled in to our house, we now have a car, and i am able to drive safely on the correct side of the road, due to our circumstances we have had to rent most of our furniture.... bit costly but hey what can you do...broadband is now installed....huge relief, and satalite being done today yeahhhhhhhhhh for good tv lol. well i have to say i have been so busy sorting things out for the house as it has all been left to me due to david working so hard that i have hardly had time to think to much, things are now falling into place, and i now realize how important it is for me to find employment now as well, i have to get shosh into schol first, but things are fairly expensive here and 2 wages are a must me thinks...........i am still loving the weather event though i am looking through a rained on window at the moment due to a cyclone somewhere or another, still trying to get used to the bugs, ghettos, spiders ect ect, someone told me here that everything that moves wants to kill you lol, although a small bit of advise for all you newbies coming here, dont wear perfume as the mossys and the sand flys love it, and i was covered from head to toe in bites..........horrid, but now i wear no perfume ans they leave me alone lol, i just walk about stinking lol.....i am very happy with the house and the estate i am living on, very clean and not cluttered at all, shops near by..wonderfull after what i have just come from, people are really friendly and helpfull, although they do have very strange jokes about the english.........but still loving the life and hope to be for some time to come after all where else is there from here..........its the other side of the world... still sounds strange to say lol..........i would say for me living in townsville is very much like living in florida everything looks and feels the same.......
anyway im off for a coffee as its now 10 oclock am and it is coffee time...
sharon and david
Old Jan 8th 2008, 11:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Well done you guys!
Old Jan 9th 2008, 7:54 am
cheeky tart

Hi Everyone
Happy New Year to all, well lets see, update time, here 4 weeks on Thursday, We have now settled in to our house, we now have a car, and i am able to drive safely on the correct side of the road, due to our circumstances we have had to rent most of our furniture.... bit costly but hey what can you do...broadband is now installed....huge relief, and satalite being done today yeahhhhhhhhhh for good tv lol. well i have to say i have been so busy sorting things out for the house as it has all been left to me due to david working so hard that i have hardly had time to think to much, things are now falling into place, and i now realize how important it is for me to find employment now as well, i have to get shosh into schol first, but things are fairly expensive here and 2 wages are a must me thinks...........i am still loving the weather event though i am looking through a rained on window at the moment due to a cyclone somewhere or another, still trying to get used to the bugs, ghettos, spiders ect ect, someone told me here that everything that moves wants to kill you lol, although a small bit of advise for all you newbies coming here, dont wear perfume as the mossys and the sand flys love it, and i was covered from head to toe in bites..........horrid, but now i wear no perfume ans they leave me alone lol, i just walk about stinking lol.....i am very happy with the house and the estate i am living on, very clean and not cluttered at all, shops near by..wonderfull after what i have just come from, people are really friendly and helpfull, although they do have very strange jokes about the english.........but still loving the life and hope to be for some time to come after all where else is there from here..........its the other side of the world... still sounds strange to say lol..........i would say for me living in townsville is very much like living in florida everything looks and feels the same.......
anyway im off for a coffee as its now 10 oclock am and it is coffee time...
sharon and david
Sounds like you're settling in nicely

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.