Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Update Forum
Reload this Page >

1 month on Central Coast NSW

1 month on Central Coast NSW

Old Sep 6th 2011, 6:22 am
BE Enthusiast

What_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really nice
Default Re: 1 month on Central Coast NSW

Originally Posted by khoardiroy
Well we were on the Coast for 4 years. Loved the house but the number of inbred xenophobic racists meant that we got to the stage of hating it. Now up in Newcastle and such a difference. better houses, better facilities and such better schools (CC ones are crap in so many ways). I know you are all enjoying it but... well there is a darker side to the coast. 94% of CC residents want no new immigrants. Hmmm
Got some crap ones, no doubt, but also got some very good ones. Im pleased that you see that some of us are enjoying it,so thats good.
Enjoy Newcastle
Old Oct 23rd 2011, 11:39 am
Just Joined

vkendell is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there, we'd be keen on meeting up with any families. I'm English and a SAHM of two boys, aged 3.5 and 10 months. My NZ husband commutes to Sydney. We live in Terrigal. Have been here since April. Love this area (although I'm not a fan of the hotter months!), but would just like to make some friends. Has anyone organised any meet-ups?
Old Oct 23rd 2011, 8:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

tiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by vkendell
Hi there, we'd be keen on meeting up with any families. I'm English and a SAHM of two boys, aged 3.5 and 10 months. My NZ husband commutes to Sydney. We live in Terrigal. Have been here since April. Love this area (although I'm not a fan of the hotter months!), but would just like to make some friends. Has anyone organised any meet-ups?
Hello Vkendell -

Welcome to the Central Coast. We're just down from you in MacMasters Beach. I have been to some 1-1 meet ups but not anything formal. I'd be happy to meet up with you and your boys for a cuppa. Look for a PM for details.

Catherine
Old Oct 25th 2011, 4:47 am
"At Home"

ekiec is just really niceekiec is just really niceekiec is just really niceekiec is just really niceekiec is just really niceekiec is just really niceekiec is just really niceekiec is just really nice

Originally Posted by vkendell
High V, we are also in Terrific Terrigal. If you want to catch up that would be good. Although this weekend is manic in terrigal with the nippers carnival at the beach and fair by the sea fete at the School. We are split with the kids wanting to be at both places. However we could meet somehow. Cheers : )
Old Oct 25th 2011, 9:00 am
BE Forum Addict

tiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by ekiec
High V, we are also in Terrific Terrigal. If you want to catch up that would be good. Although this weekend is manic in terrigal with the nippers carnival at the beach and fair by the sea fete at the School. We are split with the kids wanting to be at both places. However we could meet somehow. Cheers : )
The fair by the sea fete is enjoyable. We went last year and probably again this year. We could meet you, if you're so inclined.

Catherine
Old Nov 7th 2011, 2:00 am
Emigrated 24/11/07

jellibaby has much to be proud ofjellibaby has much to be proud ofjellibaby has much to be proud ofjellibaby has much to be proud ofjellibaby has much to be proud ofjellibaby has much to be proud ofjellibaby has much to be proud ofjellibaby has much to be proud ofjellibaby has much to be proud ofjellibaby has much to be proud ofjellibaby has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by khoardiroy
Well we were on the Coast for 4 years. Loved the house but the number of inbred xenophobic racists meant that we got to the stage of hating it. Now up in Newcastle and such a difference. better houses, better facilities and such better schools (CC ones are crap in so many ways). I know you are all enjoying it but... well there is a darker side to the coast. 94% of CC residents want no new immigrants. Hmmm
We moved to Umina (bottom - North Pearl Estate) May 2010. Absolutely love the house and its proximity to Pearl Beach (great for dog walking and picnic - over priced for houses) and the even changing shops of Umina. We just got a new Woollies last year, Bunnings and Dan Murphys are coming, and a massive Aldi's opened this week. We moved down from Port Macquarie as I just could not get a decent well paid job up there. Where we are on the estate is awesome as its right next to the reserve and apart from the waterfall in the corner (which is awesome after heavy rain), we hardly hear a soul for days on end but, once we leave our idyllic little corner its now really really busy. Even in the year we have been down here the traffic has massively increased and with holiday season fast approaching its going to get busier.

My main reason for moving was to be commuting distance to Sydney. I got a contract job quickly which included a daily commute in to Sydney. Central Station was only an house away and all was great. Then I was really lucky and landed contracts which were 'working from home'. This brought about a rapid change in thinking.

Yes the beaches are beautiful but its getting busier and busier. In fact its almost turning into a busy Sydney suburb now. Dan Murphy's is about to open in West Gosford and they are building a Costco up there too. Except the road access is not going to be widened or improved.

Of course CC is much noisier than Port Macquarie. We didn't get on with them all going to bed at 8pm up there! Now we just don't like what the CC is becoming. We're selling our house pretty much for what we paid for it to get out. For us it was a bad decision. Yes its commutable but there are plenty of other places in Aussie to try.

Our main reasons for wanting out is the increasing cost of utilities - they're going up and up and it won't be long before our 1600 per year rates are going up either. Petrol is $1.50 at the moment and they change it daily (how can they do that?). The cost of housing is very over priced which is why we are selling to get most of our money back and moving somewhere cheaper OUT of New South Wales. After we did the comparisons on what it costs to live in each state - say with the insurances, car costs, extra taxes on cars and houses and the like we realised just how much 'we' have been ripped off. So now we're off to somewhere a lot cheaper (hopefully).

Our house is on the market and as its four bedrooms, and there's only two of us really its a family home anyway. We're gonna take our time to find a great next 'home' and to that end we're buying a Winnebago to travel round Oz.

On the face of it and compared to the UK crush - the CC looks idyllic - but there are better value places to live. But, each to their own.

Old Nov 7th 2011, 3:19 am
Full Throttle

stevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hollybolly
Hi,

Where are you living on the Coast? We have been here for threee years and live in Narara at the moment. I would be happy to meet up and have a good old fashioned chinwag Pm me your details

We are in Narara too (moved from Sydney 2 years ago) - hope you are enjoying the Coast
Steve