Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Update Forum
Reload this Page >

1 month on Central Coast NSW

1 month on Central Coast NSW

Old Apr 12th 2011, 5:37 am
Forum Regular

Great Escape is a jewel in the roughGreat Escape is a jewel in the roughGreat Escape is a jewel in the roughGreat Escape is a jewel in the roughGreat Escape is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: 1 month on Central Coast NSW

Originally Posted by tiger222
Alison & Gary -

We know the charm and fab lifestyle of the Central Coast. We lived here for 7 months in 2009. OH made the commute daily from the Woy Woy station. We did a 13 month return to USA. When we discussed where to live, I suggested somewhere closer to the city - but OH wanted the lifestyle that comes with living here.

I'd love to meet up. Have a good move!

Catherine
Catherine,

Can't believe we've been on the coast now for 6 months - and still didn't organise that meet up - sorry, it's been a busy time. We'd love to meet up with some other Expats on the Central Coast, so if you and your husband would like to meet up some time please let us know and we'll make definite arrangements this time.

Also, if anyone else would like to meet up on the Central Coast, we'l love to make some new friends.

Cheers,
Alison & Gary
Old May 3rd 2011, 11:25 am
"At Home"

ekiec is just really niceekiec is just really niceekiec is just really niceekiec is just really niceekiec is just really niceekiec is just really niceekiec is just really niceekiec is just really nice

Originally Posted by Great Escape
Catherine,

Can't believe we've been on the coast now for 6 months - and still didn't organise that meet up - sorry, it's been a busy time. We'd love to meet up with some other Expats on the Central Coast, so if you and your husband would like to meet up some time please let us know and we'll make definite arrangements this time.

Also, if anyone else would like to meet up on the Central Coast, we'l love to make some new friends.

Cheers,
Alison & Gary
Great to hear you are enjoying it here, especially with all the rain we are having. There is lots of expats on the Coast, sometimes an expats meet up is on the forum board. I have not been on in a while, but if you need support-just ask. Best of luck and keep smiling, there is only a few beautiful places to live in the world and the coast is one of them.
Old May 3rd 2011, 11:49 am
Forum Regular

Great Escape is a jewel in the roughGreat Escape is a jewel in the roughGreat Escape is a jewel in the roughGreat Escape is a jewel in the roughGreat Escape is a jewel in the rough

Thanks. I've never seen any meetups on the Coast advertised, but I'll keep a look out. If you notice any, it'd be great if you could PM me or reply to this thread, so I don't miss it.

Cheers.
Old May 3rd 2011, 2:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

tiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud of

I've only ever heard of 1 central coast meet-up - shortly into the new year of 2009! If there's another Expat meet up, I'd like to know about it too.

Catherine
Old May 6th 2011, 8:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks. I've never seen any meetups on the Coast advertised, but I'll keep a look out. If you notice any, it'd be great if you could PM me or reply to this thread, so I don't miss it.

Cheers.
Originally Posted by tiger222
I've only ever heard of 1 central coast meet-up - shortly into the new year of 2009! If there's another Expat meet up, I'd like to know about it too.

Catherine
Why don't you organise one then?
Old Jun 10th 2011, 5:59 am
Just Joined

BeccaP is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello everyone!
We are three months on the Central Coast from the UK & loving it..
Although we haven't really met anyone...
Other half works in Ryde & commutes & I am just slowly starting own business.
Would anyone like a cuppa sometime? Could do with a dose of English humour to brighten up my day!!
I'm new to this site, so am a bit slow getting to where I need to be! So please bear with me... thanks Bec
Old Jun 11th 2011, 7:07 am
Just Joined

Hollybolly is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BeccaP
Hello everyone!
Would anyone like a cuppa sometime? Could do with a dose of English humour to brighten up my day!!
I'm new to this site, so am a bit slow getting to where I need to be! So please bear with me... thanks Bec
Hi,

Where are you living on the Coast? We have been here for threee years and live in Narara at the moment. I would be happy to meet up and have a good old fashioned chinwag Pm me your details
Old Jun 11th 2011, 8:15 am
Forum Regular

Hi,

It's great to see some more expats coming to the lovely Central Coast! I'd love to meet up with you both too. Let me know when/where or send me a PM if you're interested in another joining you both.

Cheers
Old Jun 13th 2011, 6:01 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Hollybolly
Hi,

Where are you living on the Coast? We have been here for threee years and live in Narara at the moment. I would be happy to meet up and have a good old fashioned chinwag Pm me your details
Hello! I am at Copa.. I can't PM you because I am new to the site.. so maybe u cud try to write to me & I may be able to respond!!
Old Jun 13th 2011, 6:02 am
Just Joined

Hi,

It's great to see some more expats coming to the lovely Central Coast! I'd love to meet up with you both too. Let me know when/where or send me a PM if you're interested in another joining you both.

Cheers
Hello! Same applies to you, because I am new I can't PM yet.. so give it a go & I will c if I can reply.. thanku
Old Jun 13th 2011, 6:37 am
BE Enthusiast

What_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really nice

Hello everyone!
Hi Becca. Im pretty close to you,Avoca Beach. I get you about the UK stuff, me and my mate will from time to time suddenly go "oh, remember those Indian take away's they did in Asda" LOL
I am up for a coffee and a chinwag for sure,
Old Jun 13th 2011, 9:46 am
Just Joined

Hello! I am at Copa.. I can't PM you because I am new to the site.. so maybe u cud try to write to me & I may be able to respond!!
Hi, I'll have to do 3 posts until I can get pm too lol so this can be number 2 lol x
Old Jun 13th 2011, 9:47 am
Just Joined

Hi,

Cheers
That sounds great to me....no worries!!!!
Old Aug 17th 2011, 9:14 am
Just Joined

HELLO EVERYONE!
Now I have met just about all you lovely people that wrote to me on this site & have made some great new friends so now I will organise another date for a bbq brekkie so we can all get together and mingle! probable early September.. Hopefully Grant & his family will have arrived from the UK by then... Looks like Terrigal (The Cove I think) would be a great place for it right on the beach.. a BBQ.. shelter (!) & fresh coffee so very close by..
Old Sep 5th 2011, 5:03 pm
Forum Regular

khoardiroy has a brilliant futurekhoardiroy has a brilliant futurekhoardiroy has a brilliant futurekhoardiroy has a brilliant futurekhoardiroy has a brilliant futurekhoardiroy has a brilliant futurekhoardiroy has a brilliant futurekhoardiroy has a brilliant future

Well we were on the Coast for 4 years. Loved the house but the number of inbred xenophobic racists meant that we got to the stage of hating it. Now up in Newcastle and such a difference. better houses, better facilities and such better schools (CC ones are crap in so many ways). I know you are all enjoying it but... well there is a darker side to the coast. 94% of CC residents want no new immigrants. Hmmm

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.