Shortage of Nurses

Old Jun 10th 2010, 1:23 pm
Just Joined

TMCAussieJobs is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Shortage of Nurses

Hi everyone,

We do some nurse placements into NSW and QLD primarily through our affiliate in Australia, First Fleet.

From my perspective at least, there has been a consistent shortage for the last 5 years, but that in the last 18 months or so, Hospital Budgets have limited the numbers of new recruits, even though there is a need for additional nurses.

There has been a regional / urban disparity as well, and certainly Western Australia Health has always been very keen on Overseas Nurses into Rural Areas even during this period, whereas urban Perth opportunities have been more limited.

We have more assignments coming on stream recently, and we hope that we can get back to 2007 / 8 levels later in the year.

If anyone wants further information or drop me their CV my e-mail is [email protected]

Richard
Old Jun 15th 2010, 12:21 am
Forum Regular

BrendonE is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by lolitochka
Hello Adele,

are there any opportunities for new graduate nurses (educated in the U.S.)?
I can ring a few hospitals and ask but I am sure you would get registration, but my gut feel is that Hospitals are tending not to appoint overseas trained nurses in graduate positions. They tend to prefer their overseas trained nurses to bring specific skills and experience to a position.

Would you like me to ring around for you?
Old Jun 18th 2010, 12:51 am
Forum Regular

lolitochka is just really nicelolitochka is just really nicelolitochka is just really nicelolitochka is just really nicelolitochka is just really nicelolitochka is just really nicelolitochka is just really nicelolitochka is just really nicelolitochka is just really nicelolitochka is just really nice

That would be a tremendous help,
thank you
Originally Posted by BrendonE
I can ring a few hospitals and ask but I am sure you would get registration, but my gut feel is that Hospitals are tending not to appoint overseas trained nurses in graduate positions. They tend to prefer their overseas trained nurses to bring specific skills and experience to a position.

Would you like me to ring around for you?
Old Jun 24th 2010, 3:25 am
Forum Regular

BrendonE is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by lolitochka
That would be a tremendous help,
thank you
I am out of the office on vacation, as soon as I get back I will do the ringing around. Regards Adele
Old Aug 18th 2010, 6:51 pm
avi
BE Enthusiast

avi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of light

Hi
i qualified sept09 I have 6 months experience in medium secure services with pd deaf male female and functional mental illness I have registration in WA and was wondering if there was any jobs which offered sponsership flights accomadation or any assistance for me and my family?
Old Aug 19th 2010, 1:03 am
Account Closed

Kayelem is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by avi
Hi
i qualified sept09 I have 6 months experience in medium secure services with pd deaf male female and functional mental illness I have registration in WA and was wondering if there was any jobs which offered sponsership flights accomadation or any assistance for me and my family?
You will need at least 12 months experience to get anywhere over here. I have 8 months experience and not a chance of securing a job here. My only option is the grad program. In the mean time I've joined an agency to do HCA work. By the time you get your visa you will ahve that.
Old Aug 19th 2010, 7:25 am
Forum Regular

lolitochka is just really nicelolitochka is just really nicelolitochka is just really nicelolitochka is just really nicelolitochka is just really nicelolitochka is just really nicelolitochka is just really nicelolitochka is just really nicelolitochka is just really nicelolitochka is just really nice

I would assume that there are no chances for a brand new nurse with zero paid experience? What is the grad program you have mentioned in your posting?
Thank you
Originally Posted by Kayelem
You will need at least 12 months experience to get anywhere over here. I have 8 months experience and not a chance of securing a job here. My only option is the grad program. In the mean time I've joined an agency to do HCA work. By the time you get your visa you will ahve that.
Old Nov 5th 2010, 3:59 pm
Just Joined

venus1969 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Brendon E,

I am a British Midwife with nearly 15 years experience working in Melbourne for the past 2 years. I am quite keen to relocate to Queensland especially to Townsville or Cairns. What are my chances of getting a Midwifery job in these areas?

V.
Old Dec 31st 2010, 9:57 am
Forum Regular

-Marie- is on a distinguished road

Hi Brendon/Adele,

I qualified november 2008 and have been working on an acute stroke unit since feb 2010, we have our visa and will be making the permanent move in march 2012, validation this march 2011.

i am looking at living in Rockingham, WA and so i guess am looking at rockingham general, freemantle hospital etc or perth if i have to

any advice you can offer ?

i havent seen any stroke nurse positions advertised but would look at aged care or rehab, i dont think agencies are been offered the hospital contracts in perth but does that extend to rockingham and freemantle?

i emailed rockingham hospital and got quite a curt reply that i should just set up an email subscription that will notify you of suitable
positions within the Peel and Rockingham Kwinana Health Service. not exactly as helpful as id hoped i must say!

anyway much appreciation for any advice, kind regards

marie